gibonez

Love the New Sway

The new weapon swaying is fantastic.

The weapon is realistically uncontrollable when you are out of breath but it is still realistic when you are calm and collected.

This is yet another one of those tiny subtle changes that makes the game better and puts it further away from being a twitch shooter.

Tired Sway

Rested Sway

Hope they continue to make the game feel more realistic and less arcade stuff, hoping the sprint speed is next along with a stamina and weight system.

• Like 19

Hope they continue to make the game feel more realistic and less arcade stuff, hoping the sprint speed is next along with a stamina and weight system.

As long they implement vehicles first. I can't imagine slow walking or having to take long breaks during my daily NWAF - Electro sprint.

Aha. Ahahaha. Ahahahahaha. No.

Do you really want to reduce the sprint speed? Do you want it to take 4 hours to get from Berezino to Elektro? Fuck that shit. Certainly not until vehicles are in. And not even then. 

• Like 1

As long they implement vehicles first. I can't imagine slow walking or having to take long breaks during my daily NWAF - Electro sprint.

There is no need to implement anything before anything else.

I rather they implement it early and perfect it long before vehicles are added.

• Like 10

Not sure what world you live in.

Whenever I'm out of breath and go to shoot at something, I'm not drunkenly shoving my muzzle from side to side.

Great for gameplay, and encourages people to pace themselves, not realistic by any means in my opinion.

• Like 20

Not sure what world you live in.

Whenever I'm out of breath and go to shoot at something, I'm not drunkenly shoving my muzzle from side to side.

Great for gameplay, and encourages people to pace themselves, not realistic by any means in my opinion.

Far more realistic compared to the robotic sway that we had before.

People had the stability of a bench rested weapon and this was after a 30 minute sprint.

Also the sway is relatively accurate although I can't compare to being out fo breath and shooting as I shoot at the range and have never been in such a situation.

Looking good. Bit less sway could be better but that's not bad really. When I can test how much you can counter that sway wih your mouse then I'm more sure about it.

When stamina and weight systems comes in the Chernarus will show its true size. This is how persistent objects and vehicles also becomes really handy because you don't want to keep all the stuff with you always.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Looking good. Bit less sway could be better but that's not bad really. When I can test how much you can counter that sway wih your mouse then I'm more sure about it.

When stamina and weight systems comes in the Chernarus will show its true size. This is how persistent objects and vehicles also becomes really handy because you don't want to keep all the stuff with you always.

Yea the map will instantly feel much bigger and planning long trips will feel daunting.

Do you really want to reduce the sprint speed? Do you want it to take 4 hours to get from Berezino to Elektro? Fuck that shit. Certainly not until vehicles are in. And not even then. 

Waaay too fast, it's 23-25 km/h plus you can sprint forever. You would finish a marathon in 110 minutes, the world record is over 13 minutes slower. 4 minute miles every mile.

• Like 2

People think that the addition of vehicles will offset a stamina system. News flash: you won't have a vehicle for the majority of the time you're playing, so get used to walking.

• Like 23

People think that the addition of vehicles will offset a stamina system. News flash: you won't have a vehicle for the majority of the time you're playing, so get used to walking.

pretty much.

I am thinking some of these new players think the vehicles will be abundant like wasteland and everyone will suddenly be driving everywhere.

Reality is you will probably see one car or vehicle about once a month if you are lucky.

• Like 2

Waaay too fast, it's 23-25 km/h plus you can sprint forever. You would finish a marathon in 110 minutes, the world record is over 13 minutes slower. 4 minute miles every mile.

It has was lowered a tiny bit ? I remember it was at 30 km/h at one point .

Wish they would have a dynamic sprint speed, less equipment you have the faster you run the more stuff you have the lower your max speed and faster you tire out.

max top speed of around 17 km/h would be fine.

• Like 2

pretty much.

I am thinking some of these new players think the vehicles will be abundant like wasteland and everyone will suddenly be driving everywhere.

Reality is you will probably see one car or vehicle about once a month if you are lucky.

I expect to see cars quite rarely but hopefully things like bicycles should pop up more often.

Even riding a bike would be better than the long enduro-walk across the map.

I expect to see cars quite rarely but hopefully things like bicycles should pop up more often.

Even riding a bike would be better than the long enduro-walk across the map.

Those should be rare as well but of course not to the extent of working cars.

The only thing more comical than people sprinting 30 km/h everywhere is everyone in the server with bicycles jetting to locations.

Grand grand majority of people should have to walk everywhere or if they are light enough jog to locations.

The sway is extremely over exaggerated. Walking/running for 10 seconds definitely doesn't make me sway that hard in real life. Hell, even out of breath it's way different. It's current implementation is way over the top.

-I've handled weapons with scopes in real life.

• Like 1

The sway is extremely over exaggerated. Walking/running for 10 seconds definitely doesn't make me sway that hard in real life. Hell, even out of breath it's way different. It's current implementation is way over the top.

-I've handled weapons with scopes in real life.

He might have been sprinting for more than 10 seconds ya know? 

I want to see you run a mile and then fire off 10 rounds @ 100m IRL, with a GoPro attached to your rifle.

I think people imagine the world being empty of zombies as it is now when they get scared discussing stamina and weight systems.

The reality is that it will be work to maintain the supplies necessary to make a journey across te map. It won't be a boring 2 hour walk across the map at a slower speed than now. Hopefully we'll be forced to hit all of those small towns and villages along the way to the western military bases if we want to survive. Or, alternatively, hunt and forage through the woods if we don't have the equipment/ health to survive the zombies.

Hopefully the tediousness and/or difficulty involved in traversing the map will weed out all of the people who are only willing to play this game if they have human targets every 5 minutes. I envision hundreds of bodies along the east coast and the forums exploding about zombies and loot tables being broken and "annoying". Within 3 years, the community will be mainly comprised of diehard veterans who are what dean calls the "core community", and new players that have yet to discover if they are the right kind of people for this kind of anti-game.

This may seem counter-intuitive, but this game won't truly actualize dean's hopes until people start putting it away or uninstalling it in droves.

TLDR; features that make this game harder and less like other solely FPS games are what dayz needs to thrive. To achieve excellence, this game will need to become unattractively difficult to the masses. In summation, the devs should seriously consider introducing weight and stamina before they introduce vehicles if only to filter out those less dedicated.

• Like 7

Ever actually sprinted and then tried to accurately shoot?

It's like moving a mountain.

Needs more sway, but realism aint always fun ;)

Nah not realistic. We won't have that until you need to physically aim and line both sights with your physical body, because that kind of thing isn't determined by a computer algorithm but rather your body and the laws of physics.

It is a very nice gamey way to simulate and compensate for not needing to do that yourself though. I agree that its a good addition and helps simulate the act of shooting a firearm in difficulty, I just wish we'd stop calling gameplay elements realistic. ;)

• Like 2

Then you are in for a treat , once realistic movement speed & stamina gets implemented.

Btw you could not endlessly super sprint in DayZ mod and majority of people did not whine about it.

Yes, mod had vehicles, but no, you would not find them on every corner plus mostly you needed to repair and refuel them first.

Vehicles were ofc noisy so prepare to get ambushed quite often, when driving one.

So all in all, get ready to jog everywhere or uninstall.

Aha. Ahahaha. Ahahahahaha. No.

Ahhaha would pay to see your face, once there is no endless turbo sprint :-D.

It is a phrase, but DayZ might not be for you buddy.

Btw nope, it did not take 4 hours to get to Elektro from Berezino, not even in mod.

Edited by Hombre
  • Like 1

During the mod I pretty much low-ran everywhere. That was easily less than half the speed of the current sprint. It's pretty funny how impatient players are now. In reality, the faster we can get around the map, the sooner it will become repetitive and stale.

Yes. I know it's unrealistic as fuck, and I like it. If they go about lowering the speed to a more realistic 10ish KM then I'm fucking off until vehicles come in. I am NOT going to spend 12 hours running from Berezino to Balota to NWAF. It's just not going to happen.

Ahhaha would pay to see your face, once there is no endless turbo sprint :-D.

It is a phrase, but DayZ might not be for you buddy.

Btw nope, it did not take 4 hours to get to Elektro from Berezino, not even in mod.

I was exaggerating for the sake of making my point. I say this every time one of you  "realism hurr" people crop up. Realism is just not fun. Authenticity is. Realism can go suck a phallic object. If you want realism. Make a petition so that when you die in the game you get perma banned by Battle Eye because it's realistic not to respawn after death. Or hey, why not make everyone inaccurate with guns? It's not like everyone in buttfuck-nowhere Russia own guns and shoot them regularly. That's realistic right?

Edited by sabre05
  • Like 2

Yes. I know it's unrealistic as fuck, and I like it. If they go about lowering the speed to a more realistic 10ish KM then I'm fucking off until vehicles come in. I am NOT going to spend 12 hours running from Berezino to Balota to NWAF. It's just not going to happen.

At some point you're gonna have to get used to it being lowered by around 25%. I have no doubt they will make sprinting strictly a short-distance affair and that max long-distance travel speeds will be around 18 km/h at the most (jogging).