CloaknDagger

Spawn and loot changes are making things worse

I've been playing DayZ for over a year now, and I really like the sense of adventure, as well as the morale and discipline importance in combat, that no other game has. In what other game will seeing someone freak you out to the point of running kilometers in the opposite direction on the chance they want to kill you, or cause you to foolishly empty your AK drum magazine with fully automatic fire that you can't properly aim? What other game rewards those who cautiously stalk their targets, then kill them without their knowledge, or who calmly wait out the onslaught of an AK drum magazine while they take you out with one Mosin round to the head?

But lately, things seem to have gotten worse. Yes, many more goodies have been added to the game, but the gameplay itself has suffered.

Before, I would spawn in the South coast, and then move west to the SW airfield to gear myself up. Through hopping, I could get myself fully geared in about an hour. Electro was always a fun place to find a match, and you ALWAYS had to be excited when seeing other people, either for good or bad encounters.

Now, things have gone downhill. It started small, with the spawns moving farther North East. Irritating I thought, there were now vastly fewed people around, it was a ghost town in Cherno, Electro, and the SW airfield. Plus, whenever I died, it added an hour to my running time to re-gear. In short, nothing but a pain, and a large decrease in fun.

With the latest patch though, things have gotten worse. Much worse.

The North East airfield was annihilated. Single door tents had their loot removed. While before the NE airfield was the new Electro, now there is no clear area to meet people. Without the single tents having loot, the SW airfield is now less valuble in comparison to the North West airfield, or other military instalations to gather loot.

The entire map is a ghost town.

To add insult to injury, I now need to run even LONGER to reach my gearing areas, and with the reduced loot, and an annoying 99 second spawn time that's actually 300 seconds because of the please wait thing, things are just more irritating.

On the horizon, I don't see much hope. The devs are on one hand adding features like Heart Attacks in the name of 'realism', but at the same time, there's not a bicycle to be seen, and apparently despite their demands for realism, adding realistic weapons or ammo types is beyond them. Even on the forum, the rabid anti-fun crowd are demanding reduced movement speeds. Despite the fact the game has no vehicles yet. It seems like the devs are agreeing with them. Still no vehicles to be seen.

Overall, despite some nice weapons and such, the fun in the game has gone down sharply. It was already hiking simulator, but this is completely absurd and unacceptable. If it continues, I don't know how much longer I can play.

So I ask you forum, what do you think of the ever increasing running time? The incredibly annoying spawn locations?

I've been playing DayZ for over a year now

The alpha has been out since December.

Are you talking about the Mod?

The alpha has been out since December.

Are you talking about the Mod?

He's a troll posting the same spam post.  This time he changed "Why do the Dev's hate me?"  to "So I ask you forum, what do you think of the ever increasing running time? The incredibly annoying spawn locations?"

The problem lies heavily on the fact that so much loot, spawns in the same locations.. all over. But certain loot, that precious loot, only spawns in a few SPECIFIC places.

This change has brought upon almost no exploration from the player base, little interaction, and a heavy dose of exploitation. 

<--- refer to avatar if you want to know where this thread is going.. ;)

That is a step backwards. The single biggest issue that must be done properly in this game is loot. If you fuck that up, you ruin the experience. 

Splitting up the mil loot locations to be far away from any place that people frequent, limiting spawn locations to one area, and limiting certain loot to specific areas is just killing the community side of this game. 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

You just deleted your old whining post and copy pasted it with a new title. Answer's still the same. Explore the north of the map or run from your spawning in Svetlo down to Elektro gear up and wonder why there's no other player around. Jesus, please leave me the server you play on so I can take you out when my way bring's me back south.

You just deleted your old whining post and copy pasted it with a new title. Answer's still the same. Explore the north of the map or run from your spawning in Svetlo down to Elektro gear up and wonder why there's no other player around. Jesus, please leave me the server you play on so I can take you out when my way bring's me back south.

Lol, it was moved to the rant thread where it belongs and this one should be yarded