mejns

950 m Running-Hit

Damn. One hell of a shot.  Did you compensate for the fact that the LRS always shoots to the left?  Or was it luck?

Damn. One hell of a shot.  Did you compensate for the fact that the LRS always shoots to the left?  Or was it luck?

I think this is compensating for something else.

• Like 2

So, i've looked at the video frame by frame and I fail to see the moment where you hit the guy ? Could you please enlighten please ?

Edited by K9Alex

So, i've looked at the video frame by frame and I fail to see the moment where you hit the guy ? Could you please enlighten please ?

got full screen and 1080p on youtube? Second 12-15 you can see the blood of the black clothed guy with the taloon

i was standing... so you need always luck on this distances, however i got some practise in the past

Edited by mejns
  • Like 1

Oh yeah I see it.. god damn, good shot man

Too bad bullets have no stopping power or anything.

He will just walk it out 1 mosin bullet to the body is like nothing lol

You didn't hit him...

Edit: Watched it again, yes you did.

Edited by a_ruttle

Lucky shot and usually wasting ammo shooting at perpendicular running targets.

Can you give us the location so we are able to confirm the distance, preferably a snapshot of the DayZ Map http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus

Thanks

I like that you included a suggestion as to the viewing quality, but that's not exactly what Suggestions is for lol.

He realised.

edit: im sry for posting in wrong thread please switch it to gallery if you can

Moved.

Can you give us the location so we are able to confirm the distance, preferably a snapshot of the DayZ Map http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus

Thanks

Why would you need to confirm anything? You saw the distance on this video and it is far enough.

The results for mosin aint that great for that distance. Takes too many bullets to kill anyone so that's why it's just a waste of bullets. But great marksmanship. My best hit distance is something 850-900m

Why would you need to confirm anything? You saw the distance on this video and it is far enough.

The results for mosin aint that great for that distance. Takes too many bullets to kill anyone so that's why it's just a waste of bullets. But great marksmanship. My best hit distance is something 850-900m

I can't believe you are even asking me why.

In sniping distance is everything, just like the weight of a fish for competitive fishing, so is the distance in sniping the most important aspect.

The world record for longest recorded sniper kill is currently at 2.475 m shot by Cpl. of Horse Craig Harrison, not 2.500 m something, but exactly 2.475 m.

Thanks

its south berenzino

i think its hard to find the exact distance just from the video but i tried it:

cntdiuh9.jpg

Edited by mejns

I'm sure that shot tickled at that range. It's taken me upwards of 3 Mosin shots at 800 meters to score a kill unless you hit the head.

The mosin doesn't shoot to the left anymore.. That's been fixed.

• Like 1

Not true, was using one yesterday and it was pulling to left bad.

What Eterhpimp is talking about is several builds ago the crosshairs on the Mosin's LRS wasn't centered properly which is why it shot up and to the left.

Since the last patch it may shoot to the left as there was some recent tweaking, but the LRS doesn't "always" shoot to the left like you originally stated. I've shot several thousands of rounds with it and when they fixed it, it shot straight. I did quit using it since the last patch so reiterating, since the recent implementation of sway it may shoot a bit left. I can't say for sure as I quit using it for a spell.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/177017-pending-changelog-experimental-branch-042116002/

Weapons: Long-range scope reticle properly centered

Edited by Weyland Yutani