B00MH34DSPL4T

Has the Mosin 9130 been nerfed?

Hi there,

Just a little question here... I was perched in my usual sniper spot today on a full server, looking out for players in need and bandits to shoot. Soon after I logged in, I watched as two fully geared players were hunting down what looked like a new spawn, pepper potting and taking shots (but luckily missing the poor guy). So I pulled out my trusty rifle, held my breath while aiming down the scope at one of the two villans chest and BOOM! Shot off!

However, despite seeing a splatter of blood. Nothing. The bandit kept on running. So, I got him in my sights again and left off another shot. Nothing. I put another 3 rounds in to his chest and finally, he fell to the ground. Thinking perhaps he had some armour on I hadn't yet heard of, I moved on to the next bandit who had now taken cover behind a wall... Unfortunately for him he was on the wrong side of the wall and I soon had him in my sights.

I let a shot go, straight in to his head... and to my horror, he was still alive! By this point I took a more methodical approach, shooting both his legs and his arms. Even then he was still alive and began to bandage himself. So I ran from my position, FNX in hand, came within range and showered a full clip in to him. At last, he finally died.

My question is, has the Mosin 9130 been nerfed (as it used to be one shot to kill) or did I just encounter some sort of hackers?

Cheers, B00M

I have shot a guy in the chest from 2 feet away with my Mosin and then again in the legs and they live to kill me.

So you mean to tell us that you got off ten or so shots on two guys with a bolt action rifle? Were they retarded? They didn't think to either take cover or pursue?

Mind == blown.

• Like 4

I regularly tank 2 mosin shots.

But I don't think it's the mosin but rather damage absorb system of the clothes.

• Like 2

I was a Mosin lover for most of the time up until last night when in a Military Base, where I was confronted with a player at about 6 feet. I had the jump on him first and shot one straight into his chest. He just stood there and unloaded his AKM into me and I was then dead! 

The Mosin, it's definitely had surgery. I may go back to it if things reverse although I think this is how it will be for it and the new one when it comes out.

Why is the round less damaging from near point blank range? That's got me defeated

Edited by Attackm0de

So you mean to tell us that you got off ten or so shots on two guys with a bolt action rifle? Were they retarded? They didn't think to either take cover or pursue?

Mind == blown.

Positioning is key. In this case, when they began to run/zig zag, they were running directly away from me. With my elevated position I had full view of them the entire time. One did take cover... But as I said, on the wrong side of the wall xD

If you hit them in the back on their backpack and it is full of items, more likely they take allot less damage than without the backpack. Also the high capacity vest seems to absorb allot of the impact damage.

Put a military jacked under it and you will need about 2-3 chest shots for a kill. Always seek out the weekspot, if you doubt, shoot their knees or legs to break them, then you have time enough for the final blow.

Damn it... I don't play for a while and both my weapons become ineffective. Mosin and M4 being dumped next time I play.

Shot a guy 2 times from 50 meters square in the chest and it did a cumsplat's worth of damage. He was standing still on a balcony in Berezino, shot him twice. Nada, he just runs back in. It was with an LRS ZOOMED at the chest to add insult to injury (was holding right click to hold breath) dude just walks out of there like "nope bro"

The damage has been nerfed 25%. People fully geared with pristine everything now can take 2 shots to the same spot or 1 to the head. Meaning 2 shots to the chest to kill or 2 to the legs etc etc.  If you did 1 to the chest and 1 to the legs it would take another shot most likely to finish him.

So in short aim for the head. Otherwise aim for the legs to break their leg, THEN aim for the head =]

So in short aim for the head. Otherwise aim for the legs to break their leg, THEN aim for the head =]

That's what I do with my magnum :D

Either they did something with damage or mosin itself. It sometimes takes 3 direct shots to kill a person. Also, just because you shoot a man and later you check that he died doesn't mean he died, maybe he was unconscious and just clicked "respawn". So as of now, sometimes it takes 1 shot, but usually 2-3 shots to kill a person.

Mosin is now only good for long range trolling.

• Like 1

I unleashed 3 shots at a guys chest at 550m with comp nugget, couldn't have missed as it was the easiest shot in the world - no obstacles between us standing bolt upright ontop of a buiding. He collapses, gets up, runs the corner of the "hut" and peeps round and one shots my proned and hidden "healthy" fully armoured/helmeted char. Sometimes you're just unlucky. Of course my spotter found it hilarious.

Was that a ninja change that didn't make it on the changelog or are you talking experimental? Can more people confirm it or is it just bad luck/imagination of a few?

Also, didn't they remove the feature where clothing reduces damage? It seems awfully silly, at least when it comes to bullets.

Was that a ninja change that didn't make it on the changelog or are you talking experimental? Can more people confirm it or is it just bad luck/imagination of a few?

Also, didn't they remove the feature where clothing reduces damage? It seems awfully silly, at least when it comes to bullets.

Not only clothes but backpacks also reduce the damage you take, even if you are hit from the front.

Check out WOBO DayZ science videos about item protection and backpacks for that:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WOBOchannel/videos

Edited by Frosti

Not only clothes but backpacks also reduce the damage you take, even if you are hit from the front.

Check out WOBO DayZ science videos about item protection and backpacks for that:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WOBOchannel/videos

Seen those vids a while ago, however I thought they got rid of that since then. If they haven't, they definitely should.

SKS is better now.

Yea'. Shot a guy in the chest, he runs off around the corner and by the time I run to him he's on the floor unconscious and I can easily finish him off. Awesome gun.

I was a Mosin lover for most of the time up until last night when in a Military Base, where I was confronted with a player at about 6 feet. I had the jump on him first and shot one straight into his chest. He just stood there and unloaded his AKM into me and I was then dead! 

The Mosin, it's definitely had surgery. I may go back to it if things reverse although I think this is how it will be for it and the new one when it comes out.

Why is the round less damaging from near point blank range? That's got me defeated

I still carry the Mosin for the use of long range shots and scouting purposes, but once I head into a city the mosin gets shouldered and the SKS comes out.

I've still 1 shot people and knocked them unconcious/killed them with the Mosin.

Hmm just died an hour ago in Vybor. Met fully equiped dude in red house, I shot him with Mosin from 1-2 meters to chest, leg and hand...he dropped to the floor, equipped FNX and wtfpwned me like a small child.

He had full gear, so I guess tin cans in tac vest,  jacket and mountain backpack saved him O_o.

From now on I stick with SKS or AKM if possible.

Edited by Hombre
  • Like 1

books in your vest doesnt work like body armour .... just saying... ya know in case anyone was wondering how you take 3 mosin rounds to the chest