maninthewall

Why would you leave the North-east corner? Ever?

For the last three or four months, I've been in the north-east corner of the map, all the time.

Honestly, the lack of players on a server make this game extremely boring if you go in-land a few kilometers (Except Krasno, NEAF, Novo etc.) Even with 40 players.

It's just constant running, looting, no "horror" as this game is suppose to deliver in a way.

Go on a 40 man server, there's no point going in land, since everything is looted. Go on a semi pop server (10-20 players) and you won't even have to worry about them. Because they're obviously in the popular NE corner, or near military spawns.

I'm not moving out of the north east until base building and vehicles are in, the game was so much fun during the 100 player exp servers, and I hope they're working to get them back. 

Even 150 would be better. With so many players, you are forced to loot with caution, and being careful when inland, not just straight running around like a jackass and yet being rewarded for that. .

I really want to question how most of you can enjoy this game by running far in-land, running around picking up loot, I mean sure I guess it's a lot more enjoyable with some company, but still, this game is currently about PvP and interactions.. After 560 hours played I've finally understood why people call this a running simulator..

Not a rant, I love this game ) 

I can definitely see your point. Not much happens in-land, but the hotspots are still hotspots. You will most likely run into someone at NW Airfield or Stary/Novy. I usually go to those places to load up on gear and then head back towards the coast (Berezino mostly) if I don't have any conflict (rare).

Edited by Baseborn

Internet hiccuped and made me double post...

Edited by Baseborn

if they didnt have private servers, the dayz mod would have been dead long ago, and we wouldnt have the standalone now. there is a reason official servers are never full, because most people dont want to play on them.

Also as well, servers cost money.. It might be years from now that it could happen(who knows when really) but the offical hives wont be around forever.

if they didnt have private servers, the dayz mod would have been dead long ago, and we wouldnt have the standalone now. there is a reason official servers are never full, because most people dont want to play on them.

And that is mainly because people are pussies and want to loot without any danger. This game is supposed to be a survival game.

And that is mainly because people are pussies and want to loot without any danger. This game is supposed to be a survival game.

they are not playing the survival game any less than people who run around playing deathmatch.

Unless you server hop, if you want to find stuff everybody else is looking for, you need to leave the North East corner of the map. Because everything theres is going to be looted.

Because you can't get a nice Pilotka in the NE, that's why.

they are not playing the survival game any less than people who run around playing deathmatch.

90% of the people really do want to team up and/or have social interactions of some sort. Balancing the game with it's KOS mentality is another subject.

just change the map .. anyone remembers the creepy namalsk island? i wouldnt even have to meet anyone to be scared as sht of the bloodsuckers. and then there were the alien bombs...