direwind

Kinda annoying me now.

its getting pretty stupid.... you go into town armed with only an axe and get spotted by the zombies because they have a spider sense and know where you are no matter how well hidden, while you fight for your life you get shot in the head by a bored sniper only there to ruin any fun you might have..

that is one example. new players or new spawners have no chance when they have no means of defence, zombies that know all and see all and dickhead players with tons of loot just out to see how many murders they can rack up within an hour.

Pvp is a major part to this game. but i feel there needs to be some kinda drawback to it, maybe the more people you kill the better the zombies will be able to sense you?

maybe have ammo alot more rare? i mean if they can waste all that ammo on players it must mean there is too much of it..

Why are they killing players? bored? or maybe because killing zombies nets no reward! why dont these mobs drop loot? everyone has something in thier pockets..

try not to be bad. how come when i spawn on the coast i can make my way thru cherno and then to stary and loot-up? quit complaining. they're patching shit, your tears will be wiped.

Its not getting stupid, this is how dayz is and will be. I guess this is just not a game for you. And I dont mean it like "gtfo u nub or l2p" but this is not designed for you. Go play other games there is nothing else to tell you. If you expect the game to change and fit your needs, just dont cause its not meant to be that.

yeah the map is pretty big, big enough so that at the start you don't necessarily need to run headlong into the most dangerous places.

its the same for nearly all games that have a progressive style gameplay, RPG's are always considerably harder when you start, then they level out a bit mid way, then the difficulty ramps up again at the end.

don't go to cherno or elektro, go to balota or run around looking in deerstands, there are considerably safer ways to gear up instead of doing suicide runs into the big cities.

Well you know right now ammo refreshes to full when you log out and back in. In 1.7.2 this is fixed and you can not waste so much ammo as before .)

i know! i will do what all the pro players do! i will join a server with no players, run around and take all the loot, log out join a high pop server, sit in town and kill players trying to have fun!

then i will come to the forums and call anyone who complains bad or a noob!

All these damn noob posts with people crying about dieing in major cities...............

Protip: Stop going to major cities, loots all over the damn place.

lol

It's so easy to avoid zeds, dunno where this "they have super sense" crap is coming from. Rocket already fixed their super vision. In fact, i'd say that zeds needs to be buffed, i barely need to go prone now.

How new are you op? I can run in between cities with zombies up my poop chute, and ditch them inside a building without being hit. Get yourself a map, dayzmap.info for example. Use that to find non populated loot areas and go there. Do some overwatch on the city to make sure you are alone before going in. Go to farms for rifles. Hatchets suck monkeys.

And zombies do not aggro at random, if you have played for more than a week you should know how to work the zeds. I can crouch walk right through a group in the open without aggroing them.

lol

It's so easy to avoid zeds' date=' dunno where this "they have super sense" crap is coming from. Rocket already fixed their super vision. In fact, i'd say that zeds needs to be buffed, i barely need to go prone now.

[/quote']

I've had 1 bar audiobly and aggroed zeds/infected that are ~10 meters away, and they only have to touch you. And I don't mean they have to attack you I mean they can just walk into you and you take damage.

I swear I have this post burned into the back of my eye lids. I keep seeing it over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

its getting pretty stupid.... you go into town armed with only an axe

Wait' date=' so "it's" getting stupid, or [i']you are? Why would you go into town with only an axe?

and get spotted by the zombies because they have a spider sense and know where you are no matter how well hidden

That's not how the game currently functions.

new players or new spawners have no chance when they have no means of defence

So maybe their first priority should be safely finding a means of defense? Holy motherfuck logic is like magic in your brain.

Pvp is a major part to this game. but i feel there needs to be some kinda drawback to it

A bullet through the eye socket is a pretty big drawback. Go find a gun and you can implement all the drawbacks you want.

Why are they killing players?

Fun.

bored?

Not anymore!

maybe because killing zombies nets no reward! why dont these mobs drop loot?

They do. Beans, bandages, soda, and ammunition are very common on zombies.

everyone has something in thier pockets..

Yeah, like credit cards and loose change. What are you going to do buy a candybar?

Don't walk into major cities with a hatchet? There's deer stands, barns, chance to find helicopter crash sites and smaller towns up north and the only difference is that they're more spread out but you're not very likely to die other people if you're alert. If you have to go into big cities then at least slip along the edges (i.e. north side of Cherno och Elektro) and get a few quick pinches of loot.

As for ammo you have no real reason to use primary weapons against zombies since a single M1191 (1911?) shot will take a zombie out and a lot more silently than with an AKM or lee.

In the end I'd just recommend you to avoid situations where you run a high risk of running into other people, alternatively have friends so you can have at least one guy on over watch duty with binoculars/rifle.

i know! i will do what all the pro players do! i will join a server with no players' date=' run around and take all the loot, log out join a high pop server, sit in town and kill players trying to have fun!

then i will come to the forums and call anyone who complains bad or a noob!

[/quote']Yeah, people like to beat down people who are complaining about the current state of the game. They see complaints as hate, not criticism. I agree with you, I want to see something done about this.

Yeah, there'll be murder IRL scenarios like this, but not on the level Day Z has. Other players in this game are simply more dangerous zombies. Just another obstacle that needs to be avoided or shot. This is too bad, because it really shouldn't be this way.

its getting pretty stupid.... you go into town armed with only an axe

Wait' date=' so "it's" getting stupid, or [i']you are? Why would you go into town with only an axe?

I find this entertaining. Guy runs into major town with an axe. Guy dies. Guy comes and complains on forums about game being too difficult. Thread #1425671 on the topic.

All these damn noob posts with people crying about dieing in major cities...............

Protip: Stop going to major cities' date=' loots all over the damn place.

[/quote']

Bull-sh*t it is. The only real places to find loot are in buildings. The only REAL buildings seem to be in major areas. If you head north you will not only be unable to determine what direction your going without the coastline, but 9 out of 10 times any rural town visited will have maybe a single enter able building. Usually the kind with only one enterence and no goodies surrounded by zombies who block the exit the moment you enter. The only viable tactic is to head strait for the closest and biggest areas and pray you find some scraps. And even then you more likely than not will still die. And he ain't crying about dieing in major cities, he's complaining about dieing before even possibly finding anything. The only fix needed is for servers to restart more often to keep the supplies of weapons high enough. The only common enough weapon is the friggin axe and it may as well be made out of styrofoam for the ammount of damage it deals.

Bull-sh*t it is. The only real places to find loot are in buildings. The only REAL buildings seem to be in major areas. If you head north you will not only be unable to determine what direction your going without the coastline' date=' but 9 out of 10 times any rural town visited will have maybe a single enter able building. Usually the kind with only one enterence and no goodies surrounded by zombies who block the exit the moment you enter. The only viable tactic is to head strait for the closest and biggest areas and pray you find some scraps. And even then you more likely than not will still die. And he ain't crying about dieing in major cities, he's complaining about dieing before even possibly finding anything. The only fix needed is for servers to restart more often to keep the supplies of weapons high enough. The only common enough weapon is the friggin axe and it may as well be made out of styrofoam for the ammount of damage it deals.

[/quote']

Real enterable buildings are all over the place, sure a large number of buildings on the maps you can't go in but there are plenty of links all over this forum for online maps that show you exactly where to go and even give you a little picture of the structure you're heading for. They even have the loot probability percentages listed on those maps too. Restarting a server won't alter these percentages btw, at best it'll just shift things about a little but you'll still find that loot spawns based on a percentage chance for the type of building you are entering.

Rocket has said that he (or someone on the team) will eventually get around to replacing a large chuck of the existing non enterable buildings with ones you can go into and loot. However, this will take some time. I highly doubt it's anywhere close to the top of Rocket's list of priorities of things he wants to get done. Couple that with the fact that it's not the easiest of jobs, learn a little about the engine and the map and you'll understand why. So yeah, it'll take some time. probably quite a long time, but eventually we'll have more buildings floating around that we can go into as opposed to ones we can't.

In the mean time, get a map

Heading for the nearest and biggest city is certainly a viable option, if you're playing at night on a low population server but if you're playing during the day time then... BAM! SPLAT! Respawn. If you are playing during the day then hit the smaller towns, barns, farm buildings, industrial buildings and deer stands. Plenty of weapons and ammo in those places.

As for the hatchet, stand about a meter, maybe a meter and a half away, aim for the head and BAM, one hit kill, nearly every time. If you're swinging away, not hitting the zombie but still getting hit yourself, it's because you're too close, effectively you're hitting it with the handle, or even your hands. The easiest place to experiment with the hatchet is in those large long farm buildings, the zombies are slow and manageable while inside and there's lots of space to move around without getting cornered. So you can take as much time as you need to get that perfect swing down.

Pvp is a major part to this game. but i feel there needs to be some kinda drawback to it.

There already is pretty severe drawback to the PvP' date=' having to mop up all the survivor tears in threads like this.

Why are they killing players? bored? or maybe because killing zombies nets no reward! why dont these mobs drop loot?

Please try to not refer to the zombies as "mobs", your not in Azeroth anymore Dorothy. :)