asgar

Whisper in direct comms

Hi i was searching the forum but couldn't find something similar. 

i found this Arma  mod today:

and was thinking it would be great to have the functionality shown in the video in DayZ we all know how annoying it is to use ingame voice in DayZ because half of Chernarus is listening even if you talk to somebody 2 meters away. i think this could really help the gameplay and make communications more easy.

what do you guys think about it?

edit:

i posted the suggestion to the feedback tracker. if you like it please vote for it. Maybe the devs will consider it ;)

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=15814

Edited by Asgar
  • Like 13

It sounded like it was just a very crude voice com range setting. So that people within hearing distance will still hear communication in normal volume level, and not as an actual whisper.

If that is true, then I think it would need a bit more work. One of the downsides of whispering is that the commuication can easier be deafened by other noises, and this seems not to be the case here, in fact the players could be screaming to each other, but as long as they are within a couple of meters of each other, noone but them will hear it.

• Like 1

I believe that to implement this, would not be tons of work and would enhance gameplay by a LOT.

Would also make using direct voice chat a lot more viable than it is now.

So yes, GIVE US WHISPERING!

p.s. imagine whispering to random strange during night at Green Mountain....undies would be soiled!

• Like 5

Whispering? Hell, I don't see why not. I'm all for it.

p.s. imagine whispering to random strange during night at Green Mountain....undies would be soiled!

And you just gave me a couple of ideas of how to use it, you creepy man.

• Like 3

You can do that now through direct voice, by, you know, whispering into the mike. In fact using the OP method, the random stranger wouldn't know he was being whispered at and you would need to stand right next to him to do it.

That would require everyone to use acre no and thus not have any external voice programs ?

Im at work and cant watch the video - but i assume this is better than actually whispering into the mic somehow?

Whispering? Hell, I don't see why not. I'm all for it.

And you just gave me a couple of ideas of how to use it, you creepy man.

Hehe yes Im creepy old (36) man!

You can do that now through direct voice, by, you know, whispering into the mike. In fact using the OP method, the random stranger wouldn't know he was being whispered at and you would need to stand right next to him to do it.

Come on, don't spoil it! But yeah, you can do such stuff even now. I stalked random dudes few times making crazy zombie noises. They were not happy.

Anyway to use direct in combat situations, you would need special whisper mode since now, even if you whisper, folks will hear you further away then they should.

Edited by Hombre

Whisper or not, you know every is just going to use teamspeak(or some other 3rd party voip) so they can't be heard in the game. And that will double once zeds can hear.

It's ok to put something on the line, peeps.

That would require everyone to use acre no and thus not have any external voice programs ?

What they are suggesting is a built in implementation by the developers, not a version of this particular mod made for DayZ.

Edited by Hells High
  • Like 3

Would also make using direct voice chat a lot more viable than it is now.

The problem with direct chat right now is no matter what you do, everyone within a country mile will hear it.  At least with this you could have more "private" chats without having to rely upon TS/Vent/Mumble or everyone listening in.  It might not be a perfect system but it would be an improvement to the current direct chat.

• Like 1

wow...i see almost exclusively positive feedback. i guess i should put this in the feedback thingy for the devs :D

Would be lovely!

Now if we can just get some kind of miracle to happen where folks aren't allowed to use TS while playing DayZ! Maybe then would in-game communications be worth investment.

Would be lovely!

Now if we can just get some kind of miracle to happen where folks aren't allowed to use TS while playing DayZ! Maybe then would in-game communications be worth investment.

I would gander mirroring all voice communication in game would at the very least force people to communicate more using in game coms.

Would be lovely!

Exactly.