blunce

Anyone Interested In a Meet & Greet? (July 13, Sun.) [Clip inside]

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to have a meet & greet with the DayZ community?

• Let's do it!
    • Not interested.

Definitely a possibility. My only concern is TS getting all sorts of comm chatter that turns into one big cluster & nobody can hear themselves think. lol

We have a 256 slot TS you are more than welcome to use. We can set it up so you have your own channel + subchannels where only you / chosen Moderators of yours can hand out Voice-Priveleges.

PM me if interested.

• Like 4

Definitely a possibility. My only concern is TS getting all sorts of comm chatter that turns into one big cluster & nobody can hear themselves think. lol

Maybe we can use it for informational purposes? & once people get to the meeting point they can then use to direct chat to communicate with others.

Do the questions of the quiz have a theme? (i.e. DayZ related)? Only asking out of curiosity  :) Unless you'd rather keep that to yourself until meeting time.

I've already got a few flares in my bag. Will definitely keep an eye out for a gas lamp or two. Can you believe after 300+ hours I've never lit one? lol

Direct chat = 1 channel

Teamspeak = unlimited channels (almost, lol).

I can split people into groups, they can join in and out of the main group.. the quiz can be held on its on channel, etc.. FYI ;)

The QUIZ is ALL dayz related in various ways. Some on the forum, some on the game, some on the creator. ;)

Nice on the flares.. we will need it if night starts to fall. Not to mention how cool it would be to see what 20-30 people setting out to light up an entire town looks like once finished :D

Edited by lrish

Direct chat = 1 channel

Teamspeak = unlimited channels (almost, lol).

I can split people into groups, they can join in and out of the main group.. the quiz can be held on its on channel, etc.. FYI ;)

This is true. My logic on the direct chat idea was that not everyone would always be within proximity & people could utilize text chat as well. But it looks like kichilron has got us covered  :D

• Like 1

Well Holland will not be in the final so I may be able to join, not 100% sure yet, I'm trying to ditch a prior engagement ;)

But I have a gas lamp with large cannister, have sticks, firewood and rags for a fire (no matches yet) for that boy scout feel. Also have a little extra food, a psu scope, a sks clip and some extra ammo for who needs it, also some 5.56 and .45 ammo and maybe a FNX magazine I can miss. May try to get some more extra's if I find the time. Also have one dose of morphine for extra party pleasure.

To check my hardcore stable character's condition I logged in again on stable (usually play experimental) and moved him to Devil's Castle, so I'm in the NE region ready for action :)

• Like 2

To check my hardcore stable character's condition I logged in again on stable (usually play experimental) and moved him to Devil's Castle, so I'm in the NE region ready for action :)

Beans cause im waitin at devils castle too. Best place to hang.

• Like 2

Beans cause im waitin at devils castle too. Best place to hang.

Hehe, me too :D

• Like 2

firewood and rags for a fire (no matches yet)

t9E7EKz.jpg

I got you man.

• Like 2

Well it seems like an interesting idea. Something good to record. What time would this be as im in britain? If theres room count me in.

-snip-

I got you man.

Same bro. Think i got like 140 on my character, plus some two or three woodcutter axes.

Campfires 4 lyfe.

• Like 2

@op. I think that someone will end up throwing some grenades and killin people. It would turn into a close quarter death match. Good luck

@op. I think that someone will end up throwing some grenades and killin people. It would turn into a close quarter death match. Good luck

This has crossed my mind already of course. We'll be prepared.

Same bro. Think i got like 140 on my character, plus some two or three woodcutter axes.

Campfires 4 lyfe.

You know, I just realized.. those match boxes can contain up to 250?! I thought that box I found was full until I read the description lol

Well it seems like an interesting idea. Something good to record. What time would this be as im in britain? If theres room count me in.

I believe that Britain is 5 hours ahead of US eastern time. The meet & greet should be at 6pm for you.

If you look at the bottom of my original post you should be able to the time that it was posted.

Hope to see you there, be sure to follow this thread.

You know, I just realized.. those match boxes can contain up to 250?! I thought that box I found was full until I read the description lol

A full box of matches is goin be my endgame, i swear.

The best ive seen is 120.

*sigh*

The search continues.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update! I can make it on sunday I think! :)

Anyhow, will the meeting be held somewhere close to spawn? I will probably have to start from scratch, and I wonder how much time I will need to get there! :)

Sounds fun.  I also have a 50man mumble server that is up and running if the need arises.

Thanks for the update! I can make it on sunday I think! :)

Anyhow, will the meeting be held somewhere close to spawn? I will probably have to start from scratch, and I wonder how much time I will need to get there! :)

Will be held at Devil's Castle. Original post updated  :)

Good luck, please record the event if you can, having tried this twice with less numbers resulted in server crashes. Minimize loot you put on the floor at once, in case of crash.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/199804-possible-server-crash-with-large-gatherings/

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=13931

Good luck, please record the event if you can, having tried this twice with less numbers resulted in server crashes. Minimize loot you put on the floor at once, in case of crash.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/199804-possible-server-crash-with-large-gatherings/

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=13931

Thanks man. I plan on recording :)

Sounds like a good idea! I might or might not participate simply because I might or might not be busy but it sounds great! I play hardcore (stable) so it would work out fine for me.

I have never done anything like this and it'd be nice to meet some nice players after being KoS'd 3 times last night.

• Like 1

Sounds like a good idea! I might or might not participate simply because I might or might not be busy but it sounds great! I play hardcore (stable) so it would work out fine for me.

I have never done anything like this and it'd be nice to meet some nice players after being KoS'd 3 times last night.

This would be my first time as well. Just be sure to follow this thread.

Hope to see you there!  :)

Already talked to blunce about this, but since i have a couple of really free days ahead of me, Ive got plenty of time to loot.

So, if anyone who is planning to attend is looking for a specific item, send me a pm and im sure i could find one by the time of the meet and greet. Nothings off the table, and im willing to give anyway anything i find for free. 

Hmu if your interested.

• Like 1

I would be down to meet up with a few people and make some loot runs for trading.

I last logged at Devil's Castle. I'm willing to do a sweep of the NWAF & Vybor base if you're interested. But I wouldn't be able to until after 6pm eastern time, Already added you on steam.