Sign in to follow this  
tuthmes

Voice Chat?

Quick question if you please, How far away does the proxy chat reach?

I am asking because im out in the woods near a town (but not that near) and some dude is talking over voice chat and I hear him Loud and Clear???

Does this have anything to do with VOIP?

Thanks

TuT

Probably admin on global. They can speak over global anytime they want, and when they do its really f'in annoying.

I'm out in the woods near a town (but not that near) and some dude is talking over voice chat and I hear him Loud and Clear???

On launch there was a bug where sometimes if someone died their VOIP would transmit across the entire map so everyone could hear it. It's possible that such a thing has resurfaced with the newest patch.

So with voice chat when you hear people speaking, does that indicate that they are pretty close by?

Edited by Giant Buffet

Text-Chat is about 50m, whilst Voice-Chat is about 80m - if I am not mistaken.

Like few days ago,i was on my way to Berezino[as usual,yolo at berezino] and i heard someone speaking,i take my mousin,check the area,..nothing
Few mins after,he speaks again,everytime he said "I'm friendly" ... i spoke for few times saying "so as i am,come out,i'm on my way to Berezino",but he just wouldn't answer...and i never saw him...

I run a server and this can't be done.....

Probably admin on global. They can speak over global anytime they want, and when they do its really f'in annoying.

I run a server and this can't be done.....

<_< DERP!

Being a server admin in DayZ Standalone currently has very limited functionality.

The options you currently have as a server admin in DayZ Standalone are:

• Rename the server.
  • Restart the server.
  • Stop the server.
  • Change the MOTD (Message of the day) which will appear on everyones screen when they join the server.
  • Control when the server resets, setting this to early in the day or early in the night will set your server on a 24/7 day or 24/7 night loop, you could also set it for half and half or set your server to restart at dawn!
  • Change the server to third person allowed or no third person allowed.
  • Change the admin password (this is your rcon password, which allows you to login as admin in the game).
  • Talk in global voice chat (must be logged in as admin).
  • Talk in global text chat (must be logged in as admin).

To talk in global voice chat in DayZ Standalone, hold "Caps Lock" and press the period sign or comma sign, this will scroll between direct chat and global chat.

To talk in global voice chat in DayZ Standalone, open direct chat by pressing the forward slash button, then press the up and down arrows to cycle threw direct and global chat.

To login to RCON in DayZ Standalone, open direct chat using forward slash "/" and type "#login password" (replace password with your RCON password).

Source: http://www.d4yz.com/dayz/guide/server-admin-guide

I don't expect you to reply now, knowing you were wrong. That takes balls and very few people on these forums possess them. Just enjoy knowing how to speak over global on your own server and maybe do a little research before making statements like "it cant be done."

Edited by blaeZ
  • Like 1

So 80 meters in voice?, does the voice fade when it reach 80m and becomes louder and louder when the player is near to you?

So 80 meters in voice?, does the voice fade when it reach 80m and becomes louder and louder when the player is near to you?

Yes.

Voice chat does not work, global text does..

rent a server and prove me wrong..

I've definitely heard an admin telling a player to stop KOSing on global more than once. It happens.  

The DayzDB web map has an ad that starts up now and then, which always gives me a shock :)