TheGreatPerson

Stop spawning hungry?

So basically IMO it makes no sense to spawn hungry. When you wake up you should have "normal" food levels, and not start out hungry. I just thing it would give a bit more time to loot, without instantly having to worry about your food levels. 

Now of course one could make the argument that you would be hungry because you just woke up, but then shouldn't you start thirsty as well, since you need water way more often than food.

PS

I'm not writing this because I think it's too hard to get food, it's extremely easy to find food, I've never died from hunger/thirst.

Not sure about you but when I wake up I can devour a horse .I always wake up starving.

• Like 1

I don't know, but I am usually very hungry when I wake up, especially when it's on some beach in a post-soviet state after the zombie apocalypse outbreak where I don't know who nor where I am.

Not sure about you but when I wake up I can devour a horse .I always wake up starving.

I am not surprised, you look very hungry in your avatar.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 2

I don't know, but I am usually very hungry when I wake up, especially when it's on some beach in a post-soviet state after the zombie apocalypse outbreak where I don't know who nor where I am.

I am not surprised, you look very hungry in your avatar.

Lol. Dat' domo though...

That's true I guess. I wanna milk a cow, and mix it with cereal, in-game. That'd be pretty fun.

Depends on the situation I guess, if for example you were knocked unconscious and woke up, you could have been under for a long time - it would make sense that you're more hungry than thirsty. But hey, let's stop looking for logic in a game that has zombies, yeah?

It will be overpowered in PvP.

If bambi not gonna start "hungry" then bambi need to have locked fists until he survive 1 hour in game.

I rethink that and not-hungry bambi even with locked fists will be overpowered.

All people will need to do will be give his respawned friend an mp5 to be back in action in Berezino. Nope. Bambi need *always* spawn as hungry at it is now for PvP balance.

Edited by Frosti

When you spawn you can get rid of the hunger by drinking a single can of fizzy shit.

You also wake up with a rock hard boner (ib4 30 years old) and needing to piss for the dear of your life, should we implement that too ? 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

I don't really care what state we start in, but it should take multiple days to die from dehydration and weeks to starve to death.  I get that it's a game, but my 'starving' dude eats 3 times as much as I do.

I like the urgency actually when you spawn to find food and drink. And, I died only once of starvation which was probably the first time I ever spawned in the game and had no idea how to survive yet. I don't really see the problem AND I object to suggestions to make the game easier where I feel it should be much harder to just basically survive on a physical level. I would have no problem with only having a survival rate after a spawn of, say, 33% due to a lack of resources. Only makes your character that does succeed to survive the opening stages of the game that much dearer to you.

Edit: I like the adrenaline of having some cans in your inventory while your vision is greying out of hunger and frantically searching for something to open the damn things. To find that tool moments before you pass out is just golden :)

Edited by SAK