archamedes

Never Trust a Server Admin

Never trust a server admin, especially one that owns a server that says "Do not shoot on sight, friendlies only" then he and his buddies try to shoot us on sight until we get the upper hand

Play on the official servers only. There are simply too many of these dodgy admins around.

But the problem is that its still private people who pays for official public servers :)

BI doesnt host any servers, except experimental ofc.

• Like 1

But the problem is that its still private people who pays for official public servers :)

BI doesnt host any servers, except experimental ofc.

Maybe BI should start offering some stable servers, seeing as we all paid to play yet it seems people with more money can essentially pay to win here- buy their own server, and kick people who join. Its happening constantly

Maybe BI should start offering some stable servers, seeing as we all paid to play yet it seems people with more money can essentially pay to win here- buy their own server, and kick people who join. Its happening constantly

The best thing they could do is to start to actually enforce the rules of the game :)

They dont need to start hosting anything, they just need to start shutting down the 100's of "illegal" servers and make an example out of them tbh.

They need to coorperate better with the GSP's, thats for sure, as BI set the rules its they're responsibility to enforce them imho, not the GSP.

And the current "report a server" system is obviously not working as they wanted it to, a quick glance at the server list backs this up quite well hehe.

Edited by Byrgesen

I would prefer a few official servers where I know I won't be kicked by a Admin. Surely there is funds for this, with 2 million copies sold! I find this extortionate to sell us a game and then force us to buy servers to play the game. I guess this is the norm for PC gaming.

I hope that we always will have officials server and we will never have to play on private servers with admins.

Maybe someone can help me here, although I do have a few theories myself.

What reasons would you have to rent a sever?

Maybe someone can help me here, although I do have a few theories myself.

What reasons would you have to rent a sever?

I'll take a stab at this one. 

Because I was tired of abusive admins and 1000+ vehicle servers, also because I'm old enough that I don't get my kicks from winning, I get them from having fun and ultimately because I've got the disposable income to afford to do it. Not every admin is a raging asshole, some of us want to provide a good experience for ourselves and others. I've never had the most popular servers or the biggest communities but no-one every got fucked over on any of my servers and everyone that made their home on them had a good time and that is rewarding in and of itself.

• Like 2

This argument still going on .. everyone knows there are rules

everyone knows what everyone does with the rules

makes me sad

but this made me laugh. I found this on Saturday night  (heheh) :

2uyjcls.jpg

... poor guy ..

xx

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

I'll take a stab at this one. 

Because I was tired of abusive admins and 1000+ vehicle servers, also because I'm old enough that I don't get my kicks from winning, I get them from having fun and ultimately because I've got the disposable income to afford to do it. Not every admin is a raging asshole, some of us want to provide a good experience for ourselves and others. I've never had the most popular servers or the biggest communities but no-one every got fucked over on any of my servers and everyone that made their home on them had a good time and that is rewarding in and of itself.

I would call this legit, thanks theirongiant!  :thumbsup:

Even though how much people complain about this "shoot on sight" or "lies about friendly servers" it will never change the truth and meaning behind DayZ. I also think it is dissepointing that people shoot on sight. Think if this kind of consept really happen. If every person ended to shoot other on sight, there would be no chance to make a society without knowing them before the outbreak happen. One reason behind this killingspree is probably because in the DayZ Mod from Arma 2, the Alpha made is easily to get loot  and there still is. However, in the standalone they made it extreamly hard for beginners who first played, such as myself. They made people more greedy which led to not taking no chances at all to try to interact with other players. What I'm pointing out doesn't tell which game is better, it just show the differences of what type of surviving game you like. The mod is more of like easy to interact with people because there is so much lot. The standalone doesn't have much loot now, maybe in the future, but it isn't enough to everybody. It makes people server jump and killing you for your pants. However, back to the point of this argument is that the meaning behind this game, is that in this type of world, there are no rules and people kill for survival. It's either their life or yours.

Sorry for going to deep in this topic, but if you don't like pvp in zombie survival games I would consider you to play either Left for Dead etc. You could also try the mod out to check the differences on the brutallity to see what you like.

We joined the server shown in the video because one of my friends had only just got the game and had no idea how to play so rather than jump in right at the deep end into a typical server with 30+ players that would shoot, rape and eat my buddy on sight, we wanted to find one that looked quiet and seemed friendly so he at least had a fighting chance of surviving longer than 5 minutes before we located where he was.