goldtoaster

Being able to tuck pistols in pants?

After hearing about you can now pin fishing hooks on boonie hats and tuck knives in combat boots on 0.47 EXP I thought why not be able to tuck pistols into your pants? It would make sense to be able to always have a pistol at the ready somewhere on you. I always liked using chest holsters over some tactical vests because you can actually see the pistol and it seems more realistic then instantly taking a pistol out of your stuffed backpack or vest. Little details like that make a game for me.

Like this

stock-photo-man-s-back-with-gun-tucked-i

Maybe get to choose where the pistol is placed? Pockets, front, side, etc...

• Like 14

After hearing about you can now pin fishing hooks on boonie hats and tuck knives in combat boots on 0.47 EXP I thought why not be able to tuck pistols into your pants? It would make sense to be able to always have a pistol at the ready somewhere on you. I always liked using chest holsters over some tactical vests because you can actually see the pistol and it seems more realistic then instantly taking a pistol out of your stuffed backpack or vest. Little details like that make a game for me.

You haz my beans  :)

Hm not a bad idea. If that was doable, then maybe pistols should take more space in backpack so not everybody carries tons of them.

Only if theres a chance to "pull a blood" and blow your pride n joy" off

• Like 1

Would be great if you could like sneak behind that guy carring the weapon in his pants and steal it. When he finally turns around: "Hoho, I've got your gun!"

Well... tucking a pistol in your pants is the best way to get your balls shot. And it might affect movement. If those things are represented - why not? Better than a magical gun-glue on your back.

Well... tucking a pistol in your pants is the best way to get your balls shot. And it might affect movement. If those things are represented - why not? Better than a magical gun-glue on your back.

If only guns had safety. 

For the idea itself,

Yeaaaa homie. 

Once we get a weight system, I wouldn't even mind if you could pack 666 pistols or 5 rifles, or 3 melees  in your trousers... IF it affects your movement and stuff.

This is called the 'Mexican Carry' -- if you don't know where that term comes from, please check the linked thread.

Suffice it to say that it is not negatively referencing people of Mexican descent, but attributing that carry style to their heritage.

I concealed carry iwb (inside the waistband) on a daily basis and I can tell you that:

1) There's very little chance you'll shoot yourself if you have any knowledge of gun safety at all.  Guns don't magically go off on their own.

2) Your movement is affected -- running with a weapon tucked in your waistband is a sure way to have that weapon either fall out of or into your pants.  Using a real holster is much better if you have the option available to you.

3) This carry is best used for short distance concealment when you're moving (walking) from one location to another - for example, I do this from my house to my car, then the weapon goes into a holster concealed in my car.  If I'm going to carry for any length of time outside my vehicle, I use a holster.

• Like 1

Rigor Mortis hit the main point - this manner of carry is not stable enough for anything more vigourous than a walk without some manner of holster or other stabilizer between the cheeks. In DayZ, you've gotta pack for marathon running. =3

this would depend on your jeans/trousers... in real life running with a pistol stuffed down the back of your pants is very uncomfortable (obviously). However since it is something you can do in real life I +1 this, but only if it affects movement speed.