Sign in to follow this  
hiniberus

LRS/Hunting scope for the blaze?

Hey I was wondering, since the blaze seems to have the notches in it for some kind of scope/optics mounting, that 'hunting scope' we've seen in the files and models before, wouldn't it make sense for it to go with that and/or the new 5.56 bolt action rifle they'll be implementing?

Just my guess c:

• Like 1

Talk to Irishroy, he's got a great thread on it and is very passionate about the Blaze.

The hunting scope, to me, looks like the Zeiss (or Swarovski) scope that Blaser sells as an option for the B95. So it seems likely. But I feel that the realism folks would be upset if they made one given optic a ubiquitous hunting scope like they did with the LRS.

And the CZ 527 is now being chambered in 7.62x39 (vice 5.56x45), as per Torchia's recent tweet. I missed it as well.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

Double rifles aren't long distant shooters, their barrels are usually regulated at 100 yards. On double rifles both side by sides and over/ unders, the barrels are very slightly aiming towards each other so the projectiles hit in the same spot.

Double rifles were built for one specific purpose, hunting. Specifically to hunt medium to close range, with an extremely fast follow up shot.  It's very rare to see a double rifle with an optic.

Edited by BimmerTheOldSkoolGamer
  • Like 1

Talk to Irishroy, he's got a great thread on it and is very passionate about the Blaze.

The hunting scope, to me, looks like the Zeiss (or Swarovski) scope that Blaser sells as an option for the B95. So it seems likely. But I feel that the realism folks would be upset if they made one given optic a ubiquitous hunting scope like they did with the LRS.

And the CZ 527 is now being chambered in 7.62x39 (vice 5.56x45), as per Torchia's recent tweet. I missed it as well.

Oh so it's essentially another mosin now? I mean, not that it's a bad thing, the more bolt-action rifles there are or weak multi-shot guns the better because it makes combat all the more intense and slow paced. So the hunting scope would be ideal for it rather than the B95?

Double rifles aren't long distant shooters, their barrels are usually regulated at 100 yards. On double rifles both side by sides and over/ unders, the barrels are very slightly aiming towards each other so the projectiles hit in the same spot.

Double rifles were built for one specific purpose, hunting. Specifically to hunt medium to close range, with an extremely fast follow up shot.  It's very rare to see a double rifle with an optic.

Oh o: I think it'd be pretty interesting to see them make a short range optic for it then (like, x4~ish?) because it's really odd that it seems to have the mount notches, in ARMA I see a 1-6x magnification scope that sounds pretty suitable for it.

I'd rather see the sporter being able to equip a scope tbh, and also rather like to see the SKS being able to equip the PSO1 - or at least until the SVD is released.

Edited by foxdie_01
  • Like 1

I'd rather see the sporter being able to equip a scope tbh, and also rather like to see the SKS being able to equip the PSO1 - or at least until the SVD is released.

I was considering putting that up for suggestion but the .22LR round is so weak that I legit can't quite imagine anyone agreeing to have a scope on that. Also, the SKS was made during the times of the PU scope rather than the PSO so it makes more sense to have that on it, why have (almost) the same magnification for the gun? Doesn't quite make sense to me o:

I was considering putting that up for suggestion but the .22LR round is so weak that I legit can't quite imagine anyone agreeing to have a scope on that. Also, the SKS was made during the times of the PU scope rather than the PSO so it makes more sense to have that on it, why have (almost) the same magnification for the gun? Doesn't quite make sense to me o:

The PU scope is really too inferior to the PSO-1. So much so i'd always recommend anyone to ditch it and use the iron sights instead, alternatively if they increased the zeroing beyond 300m its would much more useful.

The .22 i feel is undervalued - and provides a survivor with fairly decent all rounder. It needs to be accurate be effective, headshots etc hence why it should have godly accuracy to 300m with a decent scope. Perhaps even a hunting suppressor to balance it. afterall any decent rabbit gun is going to be suppressed.

Edited by foxdie_01

Why you need a scope for a "rifle" that loses every bit of punch above 50m? Sporter is awesome to kill ZEDs or troll player when you have backup but that´s it. Above 50m it doesn´t do shit anymore. :D 

Why you need a scope for a "rifle" that loses every bit of punch above 50m? Sporter is awesome to kill ZEDs or troll player when you have backup but that´s it. Above 50m it doesn´t do shit anymore. :D

^Pretty much this, hell you can't even zero it above 50M if that's a sign for anything :B

I would just rather a red dot sight on it, as said in the thread it's not for long range shooting.

In first person the gun(most guns) are angled weird so their usually in the way of what you're aiming at.

When I use a gun I can see my target so not sure what's going on there, it's like they're held too close to your face or something.

I guess they'll never match real eyesight.

????? WAAAAAAA MAAH  SIIIGGG  :D  :D  :D  :D

I also really hope the new scope will be for the B95, too. ;)

Hunting scope for a hunting rifle.

I mean. why not? Suuure, "realism and such".

Over-under-barrel aka not accurate @ range, blablabla.

It could be made, that the first shot always hits the target, but the 2nd shot goes off a bit more inaccurate or smth. like that (if you want to have it "realistic")

However, this is a game.

So why not making both shots accurate? The B95 has a dispersion of 0.04, like the SKS!

So if both shots would hit, would that be a big drama or mess up the in-game weapon-ballistic-balance? 

==> Nope

Edited by irishroy

Oh so it's essentially another mosin now? I mean, not that it's a bad thing, the more bolt-action rifles there are or weak multi-shot guns the better because it makes combat all the more intense and slow paced. So the hunting scope would be ideal for it rather than the B95?

Eh, not really. 7.62x39 and 7.62x51 are very different rounds (in real life and in-game, more importantly). So, it'll behave differently. I suspect the main delineation will be simple damage.

But, it'll also allow the developers to balance the ammunition-weapon relationship differently (or at least just separately) from that of the Mosin.

The hunting scope would work just as well on both the CZ 527 and the B95, for me at least. I was just saying that the hunting scope model that we've seen in the game files is reminiscent of the Zeiss scope that Blaser offers for the B95 in real-life.

Eh, not really. 7.62x39 and 7.62x51 are very different rounds (in real life and in-game, more importantly). So, it'll behave differently. I suspect the main delineation will be simple damage.

But, it'll also allow the developers to balance the ammunition-weapon relationship differently (or at least just separately) from that of the Mosin.

The hunting scope would work just as well on both the CZ 527 and the B95, for me at least. I was just saying that the hunting scope model that we've seen in the game files is reminiscent of the Zeiss scope that Blaser offers for the B95 in real-life.

Ah mixed up the rounds a bit, sorry on that! Also, nice info on the scope c:

????? WAAAAAAA MAAH  SIIIGGG  :D  :D  :D  :D

I also really hope the new scope will be for the B95, too. ;)

Hunting scope for a hunting rifle.

I mean. why not? Suuure, "realism and such".

Over-under-barrel aka not accurate @ range, blablabla.

It could be made, that the first shot always hits the target, but the 2nd shot goes off a bit more inaccurate or smth. like that (if you want to have it "realistic")

However, this is a game.

So why not making both shots accurate? The B95 has a dispersion of 0.04, like the SKS!

So if both shots would hit, would that be a big drama or mess up the in-game weapon-ballistic-balance? 

==> Nope

Also I did go over your topic a few weeks ago, pretty darn well thought out c: I'm supporting it in my own way :D

Hm, my air rifle has a scope, weak rounds don't necessarily mean that the rounds don't get far.

Could you find the pic of the models somwhere? Please? :D

Also I did go over your topic a few weeks ago, pretty darn well thought out c: I'm supporting it in my own way :D

Thank a lot ;)

Edited by irishroy

Oh o: I think it'd be pretty interesting to see them make a short range optic for it then (like, x4~ish?) because it's really odd that it seems to have the mount notches, in ARMA I see a 1-6x magnification scope that sounds pretty suitable for it.

Yeah, I'm hoping they will give it a scope similar to the Longhorn's. I really wish they would chamber it in a proper double rifle caliber, something like a .375 H&H Mag, .416 Rigby, etc.

Yeah, I'm hoping they will give it a scope similar to the Longhorn's. I really wish they would chamber it in a proper double rifle caliber, something like a .375 H&H Mag, .416 Rigby, etc.

It's not an elephant rifle, the largest caliber it comes in is 9,3x74R.

It's not an elephant rifle, the largest caliber it comes in is 9,3x74R.

I was just having a little fun. I know what gun the Blazer was styled after, believe it or not I'm a gunsmith.

But if people can run around in DayZ with Mosin's that are chambered in a NATO round, and M4's(that used to be more common than can openers) that shoots sixty continuous rounds from two coupled 30 round magazines...

Then yes, I want an elephant gun. It matches my Howdah pistol.

You sir are in correct per "The Science of dayz" range makes no difference on ballistic dmg 

You sir are in correct per "The Science of dayz" range makes no difference on ballistic dmg 

Not true unless they've altered the engine, at 800m Mosin should do about 46% of initial damage but this appears to be still enough to kill the unclothed freshspawn in one shot, should be the same damage as SKS at 100m. At 50m the 10/22 does about 90% of initial damage so they wouldn't notice any difference.

Could you find the pic of the models somwhere? Please? :D

Sure thing my good sah! You request an image on the intertubes, you get it

ay7xo8.jpg

I think the Longhorn's is only like, x4? I mean, it's something but, eh.

Sure thing my good sah! You request an image on the intertubes, you get it

ay7xo8.jpg

Wonderful!

and damn, that really looks like a Zeiss-optic :>