Captain_Chem

New NE Airfield Thoughts?

Hey guys, I just want to know your opinion on the new North East airfield. Personally, I don't like it.

From what I heard, the dev team did this to move people to the West. If they want to make us go to the west, they should have added spawns at the west. I don't about you guys but the furthest west that I've ever spawned is Dubrovka (if anyone has spawned further please tell me where). I also loved NE airfield. I loved how small and compact it was. I've had some pretty fun gunfights there. Just wanna know your thoughts!

Update:

I feel like a lot of you a mistaking my dislike to the change as a fact that I wanted quick loot. But in reality I dislike it because that was a place when I had little time or I was bored and I want some quick action.

Sometimes I go west but I find no one. Here's a quick story about what I mean my and my friends started off as a group in Novo on a full pop server. We wanted to circumnavigate the map. By the time we got to Grishino we hadn't met anyone. Not much of surprise. But then we went to NWAF on a fully populated server and we still didn't have an encounter. We went down to Balotta and went East from there. The only time we met someone on that entire trip was in Solnichniy. I don't know if this is bad luck (or good luck depending on how you see other players) but that is was I miss NEAF and why I want more spawns in the west. 

Edited by Captain_Chem

I avoid that place like the plague and still do....It is death to go there and it is always fully looted....

Only time I go there is when I am goofing off on my HC toon who I play suicidal with...

• Like 1

I avoid that place like the plague and still do....It is death to go there and it is always fully looted....

Only time I go there is when I am goofing off on my HC toon who I play suicidal with...

That's what I miss though, when you're fully looted and just want to find action quick. That was always my go-to place.

That's what I miss though, when you're fully looted and just want to find action quick. That was always my go-to place.

I promise Vybor millitary base wont disappoint..3 Barracks and the best place to find high cap vest and AKMs..

Also very small and easy to lockdown...

People enter like lambs to the slaughter

I promise Vybor millitary base wont disappoint..3 Barracks and the best place to find high cap vest and AKMs..

Also very small and easy to lockdown...

People enter like lambs to the slaughter

The problem I have with that is the time it takes to get there. I always spawn on the Eastern shore.

The problem I have with that is the time it takes to get there. I always spawn on the Eastern shore.

I hear they may be adding a spawn outside of vybor.

Also with an online map u can get there in 15-20 mins

Oh so you would like to spawn directly at military bases?

Now you made me work hard not to insult you.....gosh it takes strong will.

*cough*  DayZ is not your usual FPS game, where you spawn and are in full military gear and ready to death match everybody.

If you really don't have time or will to make journey to the west, which does not take that long (30-40 mins?) then this game simply is not for you.

Personally I rejoice every time that Devs do something that forces players to west.

I wish they would remove also Balota barracks & tents as these feel a bit out of place also.

So really, either you accept the fact that best gear is to be found more west, or you should stop playing.

Believe me, any suggestions like yours    "If they want to make us go to the west, they should have added spawns at the west."  will and should be opposed by a lot of people.

Adding some more spawn points could be good, but it should always be away from the military hotspots, atleast that is what I think.

But maybe it's just my experience from the mod, where you had to make the journey to fast north-west to enjoy barracks loot.

• Like 8

If they want to make us go to the west, they should have added spawns at the west.

All spawns are actually survivors from the wrecked ship lol, thats why we spawn only in the berezino khelm area.

All spawns are actually survivors from the wrecked ship lol, thats why we spawn only in the berezino khelm area.

Is that seriously why.... lol.  I mean, I suppose it makes sense though.

Also, I personally like the new NEAF.  It forces players to stop death matching at the airfield and move to other places.  Since the new update, I have had so many more encounters, as I stick to the central/western area of the map.  And what gets me is the fact that alot of the people have no idea what is even there.  For instance OP, I bet you had no idea there were two barracks and a jail at zelenogorsk.

players have habits, .. seems to me

• Like 1

Oh so you would like to spawn directly at military bases?

Now you made me work hard not to insult you.....gosh it takes strong will.

*cough*  DayZ is not your usual FPS game, where you spawn and are in full military gear and ready to death match everybody.

If you really don't have time or will to make journey to the west, which does not take that long (30-40 mins?) then this game simply is not for you.

Personally I rejoice every time that Devs do something that forces players to west.

I wish they would remove also Balota barracks & tents as these feel a bit out of place also.

So really, either you accept the fact that best gear is to be found more west, or you should stop playing.

Believe me, any suggestions like yours    "If they want to make us go to the west, they should have added spawns at the west."  will and should be opposed by a lot of people.

Adding some more spawn points could be good, but it should always be away from the military hotspots, atleast that is what I think.

But maybe it's just my experience from the mod, where you had to make the journey to fast north-west to enjoy barracks loot.

its very hard for me to not insult you dude, you should learn to read.

he was not yelling about getting loot quicker- he talked about having "quick action" AFTER beeing fully geared.

BTT: its boring at the nea, no more anything special. no more fighting against groups who try to camp or loot this area

• Like 2

With the running speed set to what it is it's only a 10min - 15min, tops, run between NE & NW

• Like 2

I regularly travel from the coast to NWAF. I've made as many as 4 trips back and forth from the coast in one play session. It really does not take that long to get there. 25 mins top, but i usually get there in around 15. The amount of loot is worth the small walk. Not to mention gunfights in the tent city are fantastic.

its very hard for me to not insult you dude, you should learn to read.

he was not yelling about getting loot quicker- he talked about having "quick action" AFTER beeing fully geared.

BTT: its boring at the nea, no more anything special. no more fighting against groups who try to camp or loot this area

Hmm that is weird. Did not he write:"if they want to make us go to the west, they should have added spawns at the west."  and also "The problem I have with that is the time it takes to get there (Vybor)." . Both sentences indicates that this player does not have patience to explore the map fully and prefers some weird quick deathmatch. Such people best play Battlefield or something, as those games cater specificaly to this needs.

To your last sentence, well MAYBE this is what Devs want. Maybe they want you to move your ass further west and leave your convienient little deathmatches around Berezino and NEA. Have you considered this?

My character has the infamous broken leg bug thingy so I climbed to the top of the tower and switched to a full server.

Nobody shot at me let alone any sort of contact.

Hmm that is weird. Did not he write:"if they want to make us go to the west, they should have added spawns at the west."  and also "The problem I have with that is the time it takes to get there (Vybor)." . Both sentences indicates that this player does not have patience to explore the map fully and prefers some weird quick deathmatch. Such people best play Battlefield or something, as those games cater specificaly to this needs.

To your last sentence, well MAYBE this is what Devs want. Maybe they want you to move your ass further west and leave your convienient little deathmatches around Berezino and NEA. Have you considered this?

I fell like you missed not everything but a lot of what I meant. This really isn't a loot factor. This is about action. All I need is a gun, ammo and a bag. Even on full pop servers people would still go to North East. When I said I want spawns in the west I mean like Cherno and Elektro, not Vybor or Grishino. Cause I actually want to explore the map but that isn't my priority. One of the only things that makes the game fun is other people. That's where I my priority is, fun. People. I'm not a bandit but just finding people creates unpredictable situations. I would sometimes find people in Berezino but when I got bored I went to NEAF. Cause it was close to spawns and it had a lot of people.  Some people, like me, who have just started playing the game who don't have the patience or experience yet, might enjoy the convenience of the deatmatches.

I feel kinda hurt that you wanted to insult me :emptycan:  but some of your points were effective :beans: . Thanks :thumbsup:

Edited by Captain_Chem

So what did they do to NEAF to make it less appealing?

They made it a lot larger but removed all the hangars and prisons.

I like it and I hope they demilitarize Balota too (though with a unique civilian airport terminal)

• Like 1

Hey guys, I just want to know your opinion on the new North East airfield. Personally, I don't like it.

From what I heard, the dev team did this to move people to the West. If they want to make us go to the west, they should have added spawns at the west. I don't about you guys but the furthest west that I've ever spawned is Dubrovka (if anyone has spawned further please tell me where). I also loved NE airfield. I loved how small and compact it was. I've had some pretty fun gunfights there. Just wanna know your thoughts!

My thoughts? This post is everything wrong with today's DayZ.

The point of the huge map is to move around on it, not for the devs to move spawns close to military spawns so you can have some sort of ez-mode DayZ with an effective world area the size of a Battlefield map.

My thoughts? This post is everything wrong with today's DayZ.

The point of the huge map is to move around on it, not for the devs to move spawns close to military spawns so you can have some sort of ez-mode DayZ with an effective world area the size of a Battlefield map.

I feel like a lot of people are mistaking the fact that I said I wanted spawns in the west for I want spawns near good loot. Like I've already mentioned, I liked NEAF for its quick action, not loot. I don't want spawns right in the military base but different locations like Elektro.

Oh I love the new NEAF.. its spread out and still offers tons of loot. maybe more than before. Just not so focused on mil loot.. and once you have looted it, just head North to Turlovo or whatever its called for the Hunter Cabin and Jail Building. I think its a wonderful addition and a welcome change..

this way people can start to actually, you know, venture out into the map to get lost and explore. :)

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

I feel like a lot of people are mistaking the fact that I said I wanted spawns in the west for I want spawns near good loot. Like I've already mentioned, I liked NEAF for its quick action, not loot. I don't want spawns right in the military base but different locations like Elektro.

Exactly, quick action, and how are you supposed to have quick action without quick loot?

If you want quick action, play a different game. DayZ is good because of its tempo changes. It goes from being a slow and deliberate game to being explosive in seconds. That's what gives the DayZ rush. Not going to some ubiquitous location close to spawns where you already know everyone else on the server is. Then you might as well play Battlefield.

Edited by wartzilla
  • Like 2

Exactly, quick action, and how are you supposed to have quick action without quick loot?

If you want quick action, play a different game. DayZ is good because of its tempo changes. It goes from being a slow and deliberate game to being explosive in seconds. That's what gives the DayZ rush. Not going to some ubiquitous location close to spawns where you already know everyone else on the server is. Then you might as well play Battlefield.

I see what you mean but, I think we can agree that people is what makes this game fun and after 6 hours of nothing, I want to have fun.

I fell like you missed not everything but a lot of what I meant. This really isn't a loot factor. This is about action. All I need is a gun, ammo and a bag. Even on full pop servers people would still go to North East. When I said I want spawns in the west I mean like Cherno and Elektro, not Vybor or Grishino. Cause I actually want to explore the map but that isn't my priority. One of the only things that makes the game fun is other people. That's where I my priority is, fun. People. I'm not a bandit but just finding people creates unpredictable situations. I would sometimes find people in Berezino but when I got bored I went to NEAF. Cause it was close to spawns and it had a lot of people.  Some people, like me, who have just started playing the game who don't have the patience or experience yet, might enjoy the convenience of the deatmatches.

I feel kinda hurt that you wanted to insult me :emptycan:  but some of your points were effective :beans: . Thanks :thumbsup:

Eh I did not want to hurt you, it's just that, in my humble opinion and experience, DayZ is everything except quick fix for deathmatch.

You are right, that human interaction is the best part of this game. It is just that such interaction should come naturaly no matter where on the map you are.

Back in the mod, the action was spread more evenly. You had crazy firefights in Chernogorsk and Elektro, but if you went more North-west, there was a lot of action as well.

Areas around Stary Sobor, Vybor, Pustoshka and North West Airfield were pretty dangerous, but no matter where you went, there was some chance to meet people since many folks loved to hide their tents around north and west edges of the map.

What I am trying to say is, that it would be such a pitty, if Dayz turned into endless deathmatch around Berezino and the rest of the map was dead.

I have nothing against you being new player, it's just when you type a post like you did, it simply perpetuates this problem.

For a change, try to skip Berezino and head west. Check Green Mountain, really nice place with jail building, check maybe Zelenogorsk, it also has military base and while you are in the west, why not to explore Vybor and Northwest airfield? I really wish that Standalone will get the level of player encounters it had in mod. Maybe with more loot at helicrashes, maybe they will create uniquie NATO outpost somewhere beyond Lopation or such... Whatever they do, I hope players will be naturaly forced to move around the map more than it is now.

• Like 2