Sign in to follow this  
mtuckner

Rocket Disciplined for 1.7.1

Since the recovery from the abysmal 1.7.1 patch, far more internal testing is going into subsequent patches. Also, there seems to be less communication about the status of the upcoming patches (change log aside).

Is it possible that the success of DayZ and it's relation to Arma II sales has made BI change the way Rocket does things? A bad patch for DayZ now has the potential to ruin the reputation for the game and cost BI real dollars.

Discuss.

Rocket has posted in these forums 23 times in the last week.

In the week prior to that, he made approximately 250 posts.

I'd say that's a fair drop.

It's like this release has to be mega polished to avoid bad PR. I understand it. Nobody wants something like 1.7.1 to happen again. Just curious.

oO find me a game /mod were the CEO write 23 posts in a week

Maybe instead of posting on pointless threads he is actually working on fixing bugs and adding new features.

I'd say that's a fair assumption

And disciplined by BI - are you serious? If i was disciplined for making my employer millions i would walk out the door.

Yeah this is a pretty huge patch and Rocket has kept in communication with how the patch is going (told us it would be delayed d/t having to fix some stuff). I think you're just reading too much into things that are not there.

How can you say this?

I have NEVER seen such a popular game where the actual CEO/FOUNDER/GUY WHO MADE THIS ALL POSSIBLE (with the help of the ArmA tools and key dev team ) actually communicates on the forum.

I challenge you to go on the Battlelog forums, COD forums, WoW Forums, Diablo 3 Forums and find a post from the CEO.

My only wish is that this never dies down, and that he keeps in touch with the community no matter how big this gets.

How can you say this?

I have NEVER seen such a popular game where the actual CEO/FOUNDER/GUY WHO MADE THIS ALL POSSIBLE (with the help of the ArmA tools and key dev team ) actually communicates on the forum.

I challenge you to go on the Battlelog forums' date=' COD forums, WoW Forums, Diablo 3 Forums and find a post from the CEO.

My only wish is that this never dies down, and that he keeps in touch with the community no matter how big this gets.

[/quote']

Tryndamere for LoL has posted a lot of times.

Only posted 23 times this week?

Man rocket must be kicking back, drinking that sweet beer money we give him.

Oh wait, he's probibly busy fixing bugs and making beartraps living hell.

WAY better that he takes big risks trying to make an overall better game IMO.

BI is very upset with the huge amount of money Rocket has made them.

It's fine the way it is now ,

They post quite good and keep us updated but remember he got a life also ,

DayZ is just a small part of his life probally <-- since he doessnt earn money with it YET

Hope in the future he will , also other DayZ staff teams :)

Isn't the drop in posts because they are on there way to some event in Brighton or something?

How many posts did he make while he was at E3? no many would be my guess.

Bear in mind - alot of the previous posts were him setting up his "20 words or less" and replying to things in the many 1.7.1 threads that were created, it was not necessarily development-oriented. Now they are taking their time to get the next patch out and until it drops, the amount of posts they make will likely be smaller. I'd wager it will pick up again slightly once we start uncovering horrible bugs in 1.7.2 during large-scale testing (and have a chance to feedback on it).

If you watch the PCGamer TwitchTV InGame Interview thing lots of things are explained about how the devteam is approaching Version 1.7.2, its mostly about performance, stability and security, less about implementing new features - the bear trap is just one little experiment. Also they are reorganizing how much of the coding works to have a good foundation for the future.

Im sure BI are furious with the fact that a patch, in alpha, wasn't liked by testers...

They will get right onto disciplining him right after their daily swim in the Scrooge mc duck style moneypit he has given them.

Idiota.

1.7.1 issues? What are you talking about? This is alpha. Stop treating it like a full fledged and ready mod.

Go and become a video game tester and see what games look like in "alpha" states. Then come back here, and say you are sorry.

Also remember he actually has a JOB at BI.

I wouldnt be surprised if he's busy working on Arma 3 or, as mentioned before, just focused on releasing another patch that wont cause a massive shit storm and cause a headache from all the complaints

I think a lot of the posters on here, and yes, I mean a lot of the newer ones, need to sit down a bit and read up on what DayZ is.

I mean, what and Alpha is.

This is not a 'game' in the conventional sense. You did not buy it. Your are not a customer. You have no right to ask for anything.

You are a tester - you are testing the Alpha build of a mod to show that the overall concept is workable. This is a privilege.

Maybe one day - and that really is a maybe - this may move onto Beta, and things will get more concrete. At this moment, I'm pray to god it is a closed Beta. I do not expect an invite.

I say all this to try and point out the ridiculousness of the thought that the devs may be 'disciplined' for any changes they introduce. What they are doing is introducing things that we - the players - test. We give feedback, they make changes. And so on, and so on, until a finished build is produced.

And anyway, Rocket is the guy behind this whole thing - who the fuck disciplined him? Himself?