TheMachine

If you die in DayZ, you deserved it

People need to stop being so self entitled: "Boo, it's unfair when people shoot me and I have no weapon"

Approx 70 people a year get attacked by sharks. It's not a high number really, maybe more in Australia but they happen all over. I'm sure very few of those 70 people reasonably left the house in the morning prepared to get attacked by a shark, but none the less it happened. Sharks attack people.

Clearly, the shark is a dick of an animal - It's a predator, it's designed to kill. They're remorseless, cunning, unfaltering and fearless. They can have up to 3,000 teeth in 5 - 15 rows, designed to savagely rip and shred flesh with every bite. Once it's gotten the taste of blood it'll keep coming, attack after determined attack... Grinding you down. Is it the sharks fault those people got attacked? The shark may have been provoked to attack, it may have been hungry, it may have just attacked for the fun of it... Because it's a shark, it doesn't really need a reason.

Know who ultimately caused the attack?

great-white-shark.jpg

There's not a documented case of someone being attacked by a shark on land...

Earlier I spawned in Dubrovka in the NE. An armpit of a town devoid of loot. After checking every damn house I managed to get a can of coke, a cowboy hat, a flare and a broken / unusable PU scope. Junk - I took it all though, one man’s junk is another man’s treasure.

I began a half-assed run up to Krasnostav with the intention of then heading to the NE airfield. Sprinting down the road while playing on my phone... Care free like an utter moron, with my pet zombie 'Jennifer' leap frogging behind me.

Krasnostav isn't a busy town, but it's always a bit dangerous because of the proximity to the airfield... I got a feeling that something wasn't quite right as I got close to the barn on the outskirts... I jolted left to get off the road. A bullet cracked past me. Then boom another one whizzed over my shoulder. I zig zagged madly over the field using trees and shrubs for any cover I could - trying to be erratic in my movement. The angry man with the SKS carried on shooting, there were breaks in the shots but they were not getting any more accurate - he was chasing me, the mother fucker!

Then the lag came... Joy... A bullet sliced into me, blood gushing out of the wound... Things were looking bad. :(  'This isn't very sporting' I thought as I carried on running, but I had it coming... I deserved to be on the floor dead already for my lazy stupidity up until now (How many of you would have given up at this stage and moaned?). No, fuck this guy, attackers are most vulnerable once they've started their attack, they're now committed and the element of surprise is gone, they become predictable... You're leading them... Weapon or not.

I made a B line for the abandoned police station, I wanted him to know it too - It was the only reasonable chance of getting a gun. I hopped fences and bobbed behind sheds, then I lit and chucked my flare on the roof. I had 2 choices at this stage, double back and run away leaving him to follow the bait into the Police station, or try and loot a gun. I went for the high risk option, ripped my T-shirt into rags and bandaged before running in its only door and pounding up the stairs. I ran from room to room desperate for a gun and some bullets... Cans of coke, books, hats, more hats - WHO NEEDS SO MANY HATS??! Life was giving me lemons, no big deal.  <_<

Now I was trapped... I only had seconds left before he'd be outside so I ran back to the ground floor and waited for the predator with my SKS to arrive. Oh he was patient too, he didn't rush it... He surveyed the area... I heard his footsteps creeping up. I stayed stuck to the wall hoping to be unnoticed. What felt like minutes passed before he entered the station, running upstairs checking every corner of every room like a SWAT team. Then my time came... Standing bolt upright behind the door awaiting my fate. I saw his barrel first... He stepped in cautiously... Then.... I caved his fucking face in with my fists as he was inspecting my broken scope on the floor. I played this over my mic while I looted him. I knew he was listening.

Take some responsibility for your death - your actions helped cause it, in spite of whatever else happened around you. You control your own fate; people and the environment just influence it. Life's unfair, so man up.

Edited by itputsthelotion
  • Like 6

Nice story m8, and nice kill. Actually thought he was gonna get you. Great work! Eat my fucking beans! 

• Like 1

Wow, I made a thread saying something really similar the other day. 

Could not agree more. 

You wouldn't rush a town in real life looking for the closest MacDonalds if there might be a pack of wild baboons in there, so why rush a town in DayZ and complain when equally savage bandits rip your shit up?

Yawning-baboon-smaller-590x545.jpg

• Like 3

Every player that die in DayZ deserve it. To die in DayZ you basically must *ask* for it.

As in my previous post you can see that avoid being killed is easy peasy.

It's like if a pretty girl go on a party full of horny boys gets drunk and then gets "raped" or when you go to bad neighborhood while holding lot's of money in your hands and you get robbed or if you go to Africa to live around lions and get killed. 

Same with death in DayZ.

I think the crux of the matter is that there's always going to be come people who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions so they always blame society.

• Like 1

Wow, I made a thread saying something really similar the other day. 

Could not agree more. 

You wouldn't rush a town in real life looking for the closest MacDonalds if there might be a pack of wild baboons in there, so why rush a town in DayZ and complain when equally savage bandits rip your shit up?

Yawning-baboon-smaller-590x545.jpg

Seriously.

People moan about "kill on site". When the world collapses and there is no "law" do you think everyone will be care bear friendly to each other? Oh some will, no doubt about it. There'll be some upstanding moral folk helping others, banding together. There will also be savage killers, robbers, rapists. There'll be warbands hounding the countryside looking for victims to loot, kill and take as slaves. How do you think most of your countries got made? It wasn't through kindness and unicorns. In most cases it was one tribe brutally taking over another, then another, then another until the tribal alpha male started calling himself a King.

Are you running in the open? Using predictable routes? Entering high loot areas? Zero spatial awareness? Not listening for the sounds of others? Not seeing warning signs? Not thinking like an attacker and where they would hide? Not surveying areas? Not doubling back to see if you're being followed? Not being patient? "Boo hoo I got shot" - You deserved it.

• Like 2

Seriously.

People moan about "kill on site". When the world collapses and there is no "law" do you think everyone will be care bear friendly to each other? Oh some will, no doubt about it. There'll be some upstanding moral folk helping others, banding together. There will also be savage killers, robbers, rapists. There'll be warbands hounding the countryside looking for victims to loot, kill and take as slaves. How do you think most of your countries got made? It wasn't through kindness and unicorns. In most cases it was one tribe brutally taking over another, then another, then another until the tribal alpha male started calling himself a King.

Are you running in the open? Using predictable routes? Entering high loot areas? Zero spatial awareness? Not listening for the sounds of others? Not seeing warning signs? Not thinking like an attacker and where they would hide? Not surveying areas? Not doubling back to see if you're being followed? Not being patient? "Boo hoo I got shot" - You deserved it.

It's almost like these people have zero historical or sociopolitical perspective on the nature of human development and interaction.

These people truly have a 'slave morality' in the Nietzschean sense of the word. When the real collapse of society happens, as it inevitably will, as it does to all civilisations, I imagine their last words will be something along the lines of "NO, PLEASE NO, ARGHHH! HELP HELP HELP!" as they get stuck with a bayonet, their attacker smiling smugly, whispering "shh shh shhhhhhh".  

"But that's not fair! HMPH!"

Edited by TheMachine
  • Like 1

pro tip - Sharks only attack when you're wet.

• Like 2

Know who ultimately caused the attack?

There's not a documented case of someone being attacked by a shark attack on land...

I guess you never saw the Sharknado documentary, which was based on a true story. Sharks attack both on land or in water, I've even heard of sharks on a plane, but I have never seen that myself. I fear the shark. Funny thing though, I don't fear other players. Hmm, I gotta think on that. Maybe if I had people berating me while they tried to kill me, it would strike fear into my bottomless heart. Yeah, not!

Please make your future avatar more...appropriate.

Topic merged.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 1

I guess you never saw the Sharknado documentary, which was based on a true story. Sharks attack both on land or in water, I've even heard of sharks on a plane, but I have never seen that myself. I fear the shark. Funny thing though, I don't fear other players. Hmm, I gotta think on that. Maybe if I had people berating me while they tried to kill me, it would strike fear into my bottomless heart. Yeah, not!

I think I've found the documentary movie you were talking about

• Like 1

Topic merged.

Sure. Would you mind also telling the 'mod wannabes' out there to stay on topic in threads? Reporting can be done privately. They might be under the impression that if they suck up enough in public, they'll become one?

Should've posted in this thread, now we have two threads on same subject:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/202149-if-you-die-in-dayz-you-deserved-it/

Edited by itputsthelotion

05-BILL-MURRAY-CLAPPING.gif

Thank you. :D

Reporting can be done privately. 

Indeed it can.

05-BILL-MURRAY-CLAPPING.gif

Thank you. :D

Bill is too old for going off-topic, Irish. :P

On-topic now.

--

They might be under the impression that if they suck up enough in public, they'll become one?

I don't see why you needed to edit that on. They're just helping out - no need to be rude.

Edited by Inception.

Indeed it can.

Bill is too old for going off-topic, Irish. :P

On-topic now.

Ill have to at least once more to laugh at that though.. you are hilarious! when I like you ;) j/k

Now, on topic.. wait.. whats the topic now? Ok, got it.

If you die in DayZ, its not the end of the world.....

Hit respawn. :)

Edited by lrish

Even if you die from ladders and other glitches more than once it is your fault...

Since being thrown from a ladder and having my legs broken for climbing stairs I no longer do either...

Sure you miss out on awesome sniper spots and potentially decent loot in the military prison buildings but at least you do not die.

I just hope the devs will fix these issues.

• Like 1

If you die in DayZ, you deserved it

Says the guy who's never fallen to his death through the completely solid floor of a house.

If you die in real life, it's your fault.

You shouldn't have gone to see Batman. You should've known full well that some deranged lunatic could potentially show up and lay waste to the theatre.

This topic is still pointless.

• Like 2

Tell that to the rock I was on. That and a KOS'r will kill you in the forest prone under a tree if hes lucky enough to spot you sooo.....

Edited by RyBo

Agree. Its always your fault ,unless killed by a bug or glitch in the game.

KOSers cant KOS unless they see you first.

If your seen its your fault.

Can you explain the need to stress the obvious? You failed being smarter, more experienced or having better reactions than your opponent and died. This can be applied to any game.

What's next, "If you can't find beans, it's your fault"?

If you logged in, it's your fault.

Can you explain the need to stress the obvious? You failed being smarter, more experienced or having better reactions than your opponent and died. This can be applied to any game.

What's next, "If you can't find beans, it's your fault"?

Because so many people moan about how unfair it is?

Because so many people moan about how unfair it is?

So you moan about moaning, good on you!

• Like 1