TheMachine

If you die in DayZ, you deserved it

im not defending the thread or anything, but i dont agree with what you said at the end. where you compare dying from interacting with someone in dayz to dying in any kind of random accident or whatever.

because, people in a random accident dont have any control over the situation, where as in dayz interacting with someone is a choice, and a risk , right?

It's hardly any different, as much of an extreme analogy as it is. I mean, in both cases, the person was doing something they felt posed little risk to them (approaching someone/going to work) and they were killed as the result of a deliberate action (murder/terrorist attack). It's an extreme example, I know, but its hard to really blame someone when they couldn't have known any better. To say that everyone who dies because of another player is their fault is either making an obvious statement (they made the choice to do what they do) or taking it too far (its their fault because they exist)

Flawed and logic and the sort of pleb that makes the world such a great place to live.

He'd probably blame the Jews for being slaughtered in WW2, just because they were Jewish or something.

''It's your fault you died, nobody made you be jewish blar blar blar.......''

People on these forums get so defensive. Yes, his OP and title are provocative, but he's making a valid point (no matter how obvious it may be to some of you). You could always have done something different (alpha genocide as an exception).

What y'all should take from this is a more constructive mentality. When you die, don't blame the guy who killed you. Yes, he's a dick. Ya, he didn't have to kill you and he did. But, this is dayz, and you should know better than to put your life in someone else's hands. Instead of playing the blame game, figure out how you could have approached the situation differently and learn from it.

• Like 1

I still have some faith in humanity left. Obviously I am doing something wrong in the eyes of the OP. Yet I have to admit that all deaths happened because of my lack of attention.

What is with the hostility, everyone?

It's not about someone being so fucking ninja that they never get hit or about blaming people killed in genocides that is was their own fault. No. Jesus christ.

Throwing tantrum when someone kills you in Dayz is same as throwing tantrum when someone eats your piece in a game of chess.
Don't do that shit. It's childlish. It's a game. You made a mistake.

It's a sandbox game yes, but it still has rules. Rules that dictate what you can and can't do within the game.
There sure are more of these rules than in chess but they are there none the less and it's your objective to survive, within these rules.

Everyone knows what can and can't be be done in this game.
Everyone can equally assess all the risks and options there is.
Everyone are on equal footing within the game.
Anyone claiming otherwise is full of shit.

Anyone doing any shit that that the game provides mechanics for is just playing the game as one sees fit. No need to rage about it is there?

On a bit more abstract note:
You think just because you EXIST you have some sort of magical right to be left alone, unharmed and be on your merry way? Like in some human rights declaration?
That shit doesn't even apply for a huge percent of earth's population IN REAL LIFE, let alone in some videogame about full on zombie apocalypse in a poor eastern block country on Russian border!

Edited by Intactus
  • Like 1

What is with the hostility, everyone?

It's not about someone being so fucking ninja that they never get hit or about blaming people killed in genocides that is was their own fault. No. Jesus christ.

Throwing tantrum when someone kills you in Dayz in same as throwing tantrum when someone eats your piece in a game of chess.

Don't do that shit. It's childlish.

It's a game.

It's a sandbox game yes, but it still has rules. Rules that dictate what you can and can't do within the game.

There sure are more of these rules than in chess but they are there none the less and it's your objective to survive, within these rules.

Everyone knows what can and can't be be done in this game.

Everyone can equally assess all the risks and options there is.

Everyone are on equal footing within the game.

Anyone claiming otherwise is full of shit.

Anyone doing any shit that that the game provides mechanics for is just playing the game as one sees fit. No need to rage about it is there?

On a bit more abstract note:

You think just because you EXIST you have some sort of magical right to be left alone, unharmed and be on your merry way? Like in some human rights declaration?

That shit doesn't even apply for a huge percent of earth's population IN REAL LIFE, let alone in some videogame about full on zombie apocalypse in a poor eastern block country on Russian border!

Just because half of the worlds population lives are deemed less important than money doesn't mean it's right. What sort of backwards logic is that bro? Everyone has a right to peace and safety, just because this isn't the case is not an argument for anything.

• Like 1

No, you misunderstood. It's not about what's right or wrong. Sure as shit human rights violations are wrong no matter the cicumstances.

What i meant was: "What did you expect? People respecting human rights in a videogame about full on zombie apocalypse in a poor eastern block country on Russian border!"

Maybe i could've put my words a bit better. Just typed it out fast as non-native english speaker.

Edited by Intactus

ITT:

Too much debate over pointless subject.

You die in DayZ for a plethora of reasons. I had a guy who I'd played with intermittently for a few weeks who was also on my Steam friends list and always called me on Skype as soon as I signed on murder me in cold blood after meeting up with him for an evening of adventuring. His reason? He was bored of DayZ and thought it would be funny to shoot me before he quit.

Was that my fault? At what point will you guys admit this is just a video game and that 90% of the people playing it are just assholes? You make it sound like it's a mortal sin to die in DayZ. This isn't Navy Seal training.

I just hit 1,200 hours and I've probably died a couple dozen times and have killed hundreds of people. I can assure you that not every death is your own fault.

Agree. You didn't die because you couldn't defend youself. You died because you made a concious decision to do something, which got you killed. Not your killers fault, not the game's fault. Your own fault, for making a bad decision, and not responding well to the situation. It's survival of the fittest. If you died, you deserved iy, because your too weak to survive.

Saying you died because the guy was KOS'ing or the zombie is too OP, etc, is just BS. You died 'cause you aren't GOOD enough to survive. End of story.

Hacker: A person -most likely with bad Dsync or frames- who appears to be teleporting around, but is instead just running/walking from their point of view. These 'Hackers' are blamed for the bad decisions of bad players who feel the need to blame something else for their death instead of themselves.

I have played 237 hours of this game and have not seen a scripter once. Nor have I died climbing ladders or falling down stairs. I've never randomly broken my legs either. Are you guys sure you're playing the same game as me?

• Like 1

Yea in some ways the idea that if you die its your fault is true but unless you KOS there isnt much you can do. I am new to this game and I have been killed a few times by other Players. I am a very cautious Player also. I scope out every town before I enter I move in a crouched position look around every corner, close doors behind me everything I can think of. Everytime except 1 that I have encountered another Player they have killed me. The one time they didnt I had guns and an axe and they were a fresh spawn with no weapons. I was just now killed on a characterI had 7hrs of play time into. I was in a building I had a pistol in my hand. I heard footsteps I turned as the door opened and someone walked in with a rifle. I started to say dont shoot but didnt get a chance before they just shot me. I lost a lot of good gear with that. The only way that I can see to survive is to just shoot whoever you see. Every single time I have tried to talk to another Player I have been shot. I'm getting ready to start a new character and thats exactly what Im going to do. Im not going to try to talk to anyone I will just KOS. Like I said you are right when you say if you die its your fault. I would still have my last character if I would have shot that other Player as soon as they walked in the door.

What if I'm simply looking in a house for a new pair of trousers, with more than two pockets? I'm unarmed.. then out of nowhere I get hacked in the back of the head until I'm dead.. did I really deserve it?

Your logic is flawed.

Stop trying to cover up the fact your a ruthless bandit, by telling people they deserved it if they die, what a cheap shot man.. thats how your post comes across to me anyway.

unless it's for a cheater, yes, it's your fault.

• Like 1

I didn't say anything about fault.. OP was talking about deserving death.

Re-read and then ask yourself if I 'deserved' to die?

What if I'm simply looking in a house for a new pair of trousers, with more than two pockets? I'm unarmed.. then out of nowhere I get hacked in the back of the head until I'm dead.. did I really deserve it?

Your logic is flawed.

Stop trying to cover up the fact your a ruthless bandit, by telling people they deserved it if they die, what a cheap shot man.. thats how your post comes across to me anyway.

Well i must dissagree with you here, if you got hit in the back of your head you did two things wrong, not check/scout the area good enough and assuming you where alone. The OP has a very good point, after all it is survival of the fittest.

Every time I die it's in a situation that I've deliberately put myself in, it was no ones fault but mine for 1. Being in that situation and 2. Not being good enough to survive.

Already I can hear the cries of 'BUT MUH NEW SPAWN, NIEN WEAPONS TO FIGHT BACK'. BS.

I bet about 99% of the whining about death is people looking for some fun killing and EASY LOOTZ in Berezino who then get killed by the people they were hunting. "Plz, we need to know who's a bandit". You're probably a bandit, asshole - you just aren't very good at it.

How hard is it to survive in DayZ and get cool stuff? Not hard at all, just don't shoot at anyone. 

It's simple. 

You suck.

You're looking for trouble and you're finding it, then not enjoying what you find.

Absolutely, my group and I always clear and scout areas before looting or even entering them, we always have people on guard before we go inside any house. But onetime, we got a little bit to enthusiastic, thought no one ever comes in this area, went for a quick loot and all went in an office, we came outside and since we had no guard, we did not knew someone sneaked up for an ambush, we all died of a single person, not because he is a dirty bandit, but because we got soft and let our guard down, thus learning not to make that mistake again.

Every time I die it's in a situation that I've deliberately put myself in, it was no ones fault but mine for 1. Being in that situation and 2. Not being good enough to survive.

Already I can hear the cries of 'BUT MUH NEW SPAWN, NIEN WEAPONS TO FIGHT BACK'. BS.

I bet about 99% of the whining about death is people looking for some fun killing and EASY LOOTZ in Berezino who then get killed by the people they were hunting. "Plz, we need to know who's a bandit". You're probably a bandit, asshole - you just aren't very good at it.

How hard is it to survive in DayZ and get cool stuff? Not hard at all, just don't shoot at anyone. 

It's simple. 

You suck.

You're looking for trouble and you're finding it, then not enjoying what you find.

OP is trying to hide that he is a bandit.

• Like 2

Well i must dissagree with you here, if you got hit in the back of your head you did two things wrong, not check/scout the area good enough and assuming you where alone. The OP has a very good point, after all it is survival of the fittest.

You should join OP and have yourself a little groupie thing where you just go around killing anyone that shares Chernarus with you at the time. Sounds like you two are one and the same.

If you feel you need to kill someone who is of no threat, fair enough that's your thing.. but the point still stands.. does a non-threat player 'deserve' death by your hand for no reason? if so for what moral reason can you give? he has no gun.. he has nothing of value, so what else do you NEED to kill that person for? fair enough if he was to turn around and start throwing right hooks at you.. then yeah.. that would be fair enough, shoot him, break his legs whatever else you do to get your bandit kicks, but just know that you never even give them the chance to find out.

This thread was made by a bandit trying some kind of reverse psychology, a way for him to say the reason for him killing others is warranted, by placing the blame on the person he kills.. its blatantly obvious and quite frankly a dick move.

Edited by NuckFuts
  • Like 3

This thread was made by a bandit trying some kind of reverse psychology, a way for him to say the reason for him killing others is warranted, by placing the blame on the person he kills.. its blatantly obvious and quite frankly a dick move.

THIS.

• Like 2

You should join OP and have yourself a little groupie thing where you just go around killing anyone that shares Chernarus with you at the time. Sounds like you two are one and the same.

If you feel you need to kill someone who is of no threat, fair enough that's your thing.. but the point still stands.. does a non-threat player 'deserve' death by your hand for no reason? if so for what moral reason can you give? he has no gun.. he has nothing of value, so what else do you NEED to kill that person for? fair enough if he was to turn around and start throwing right hooks at you.. then yeah.. that would be fair enough, shoot him, break his legs whatever else you do to get your bandit kicks, but just know that you never even give them the chance to find out.

Listen don't freak out, if some one is unarmed, I will be the first one walk away. I play the game survival style and avoid combat as much as possible, I get into the woods as soon as I have all the survival gear that would be needed.

There will always be people attack people for no reason, there fore I said that if you got hit in the head you did not scout good enough, you can't just expect anyone to be friendly.

Secondly when I have someone at gunpoint 9/10 times I give them a chance to explain themselves, don't just assume that people are assholes because they share a different opinion than you. I agreed with the OP, but that does not mean that I stay in towns hunting bambis. I understand your point, but reading the rest of his post contradicts that, give him the benefit of the doubt, don't judge people with no evidence, keep it civil.

Also for the record a bandit is some one who robs people, not kill them, those are murderers, why did that term change in the standalone? 

• Like 1

I don't see the reverse psychology in my OP. I am a bandit, a proud one. The hunting of the most dangerous game excites me.

There's nothing quite as exciting as tracking another player, watching their movements, then when you see your chance, when there's absolutely zero possibility that they can survive it - destroying them. Not for loot, not for a notch count, just for the pure pleasure of it. 

And yes it is their fault for being inept at surviving, the vast majority of people I kill are wannabe bandits, strutting around with their SKS out looking for fresh spawns to kill(I also kill fresh spawns).

My only disappointment is that I can't take people real slow with a knife from behind, like this

Surely nothing could be more satisfying.  

• Like 2

If you are not a newbie then only way you can die in DayZ is by being killed by other player.

Now only thing you need to do is to be where players will be looking for other players: big city, village with supermarket in it, military zone, edge of the forest or top of the hill - those are places where I were killed.

Now I play DayZ including DayZ mod for 2 maybe 3 years I think and guess number of times that I have meet another player in the wilderness...zero. Not. even. once.

So yeah, if you die in DayZ then you were asking for it.

All I was saying is when you play DayZ and just aimlessly kill another player for the thrill of it, as you put it.. whether the player you kill is kitted out or not, whatever the scenario.. ask yourself if that player deserved it. Hell yeah its fun for you.. no doubt, I get the thrill of the hunt, the feeling of knowing someone's watching the You are dead screen but then I also have a conscience. 

That's what you said in the topic title, players who die in DayZ 'deserve' it, not that they ask for it, or it their own fault.. 'DESERVE'. In certain circumstances, for example spawn killing, no they don't. All it's doing is putting people off playing if you ask me.

Who can tell you how to play?.. you wanna be an ass.. that's entirely up to you. Just know that when you die, you actually DO DESERVE IT :)

Edited by NuckFuts

The only time I haven't blamed myself is when I've been killed as a fresh spawn but even then I ultimately blame myself.

I find myself obsessing over my last death and what I did wrong all the time.

• Like 1

All I was saying is when you play DayZ and just aimlessly kill another player for the thrill of it, as you put it.. whether the player you kill is kitted out or not, whatever the scenario.. ask yourself if that player deserved it. Hell yeah its fun for you.. no doubt, I get the thrill of the hunt, the feeling of knowing someone's watching the You are dead screen but then I also have a conscience. 

That's what you said in the topic title, players who die in DayZ 'deserve' it, not that they ask for it, or it their own fault.. 'DESERVE'. In certain circumstances, for example spawn killing, no they don't. All it's doing is putting people off playing if you ask me.

Who can tell you how to play?.. you wanna be an ass.. that's entirely up to you. Just know that when you die, you actually DO DESERVE IT :)

Every player that die in DayZ deserve it. To die in DayZ you basically must *ask* for it.

As in my previous post you can see that avoid being killed is easy peasy.

It's like if a pretty girl go on a party full of horny boys gets drunk and then gets "raped" or when you go to bad neighborhood while holding lot's of money in your hands and you get robbed or if you go to Africa to live around lions and get killed. 

Same with death in DayZ.

• Like 1