SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

Unplug it and pug it back in.

Naw, I've just downloaded more RAM

I've had two loud gunshots in the past half hour sound like they're right next to me with nobody around, including visible muzzle flash over a zombie I just killed for the first "gunshot".

My heart can't take this.

• Like 1

Just the Pilotka Cap, but it seems a bit to small to look good or realistic imho:

2014-07-04_000023qjs9.jpg

2014-07-04_00003nrkkj.jpg

Btw, the fact I can only sprint fast or walk damn slowy with raised melee weapons like an axe made me feel like a retard. And this is the first time ever that a game makes me feel like a retard. I really hope this is a bug and not intended, otherwise I am speechless...

Edit: I have no problem if I can't jogging with raised guns anymore, but no jogging with axe or other melee weapons would be a bad... no wait... a ridiculous idea. Game flow and fairness (against zombies) suffers, especially because the zombies are still hitting you despite you killed them a second before...

It's probably a pilotka for children in Pioneer camps. :O

anyone else getting "you are dead" suddenly for no reason? it happend to me twice already. No gunshots nothing just you are dead, one time it happened in Novodmitrovsk town hall and second time in regular building in Stary Sobor.

When you are dead, increase gamma and on the background of the main menu you will see what's around you and probably how you died. You probably fell through the stairs or floor.

Edited by Karakoz
  • Like 3

This whole ragdoll business worries me a little and honestly I don't really see the need for it. 

In most games that have ragdoll phsyics they're calculated on the client, as it is quite hard on the server to send out ragdoll info to all the clients. In this case we're talking about a server that is already strained from keeping track of many, many item spawns, and so far doesn't support very many zombies or players yet. 

In Dayz you loot corpses, you'd usually want to anyway. Because of this the corpse needs to end up in the same place for everyone, which forces the server to deal with the reasonably CPU intensive physics calculations, and then send them to the clients within range. 

I dunno, while neat, it just seems like a step in the wrong direciton.

• Like 2

This whole ragdoll business worries me a little and honestly I don't really see the need for it. 

In most games that have ragdoll phsyics they're calculated on the client, as it is quite hard on the server to send out ragdoll info to all the clients. In this case we're talking about a server that is already strained from keeping track of many, many item spawns, and so far doesn't support very many zombies or players yet. 

In Dayz you loot corpses, you'd usually want to anyway. Because of this the corpse needs to end up in the same place for everyone, which forces the server to deal with the reasonably CPU intensive physics calculations, and then send them to the clients within range. 

Wow, someone not excited for ragdoll. It's fine. With 64 bit basically in and the new engine coming soon, architecture is going to be much more stable.

You are both right and wrong. Being a student who studies Game Dev and Networking, I can say that yes, it will definitely increase the load on the server. But, on the other hand, there are many ways in which you can smartly implement it. Rockstar games have a MUCH MORE complex system in their GTA games, than simple rigid bodies. AND they have to deal with a massive amount of them at the same time (think of 2 players driving in a car and hitting pedestrians all over the place. This means that dozens of those human models have to be in synch for both players, AND the map is huge).

Yet, it is possible. What they can do in DayZ, is to calculate the OVERALL body position of the rigid body relative to the map, BUT leave the arms, head, legs to the CLIENT (I think that this is what they are doing now). This is good enough in the sense that if a zombie will be hit by a car (when vehicles will be introduced), it will fly away towards a particular direction. Both players will see it flying towards that direction, but in a bit of a different way. I don't see it much of a problem, and it will look good. The only difference is that each player will see the body laying on the ground in a different way (yet on the same place).

Meanwhile, they already have it implemented in ARMA3 so I see no reason why not make it possible in DayZ......

Edited by osallivan
  • Like 1

Meanwhile, they already have it implemented in ARMA3 so I see no reason why not make it possible in DayZ......

Arma 3 and DayZ SA have 2 ENTIRELY different skeletons. A simple port wouldn't suffice.

Arma 3 also has stamina/fatigue system so I see no reason why not make it possible in DayZ..

It's probably a pilotka for children in Pioneer camps. :o

The pilotka looks damn fine on my toon!

anyone else getting "you are dead" suddenly for no reason? it happend to me twice already. No gunshots nothing just you are dead, one time it happened in Novodmitrovsk town hall and second time in regular building in Stary Sobor.

Not just that, also getting "my leg is in pain" along with ruined trousers and boots for no apparent reason at all when I am the only one on the server.  Getting broken legs too just walking around the second floors of random military jails.  Shit happens..

any one got screenshots of the storage space in boots? Is it military boots? Jungle Stompers? Combat boots? or all types of military type boot?

personally i hope they let us store a pistol and or knife in each or clips 

Edited by trev186

I am pretty sure its just Mil boots, and no storage shows yet. Its in a slot as if it will have storage but nothing opens up, much like a holster. 

I am pretty sure its just Mil boots, and no storage shows yet. Its in a slot as if it will have storage but nothing opens up, much like a holster. 

Guess ill go swap out my combat boots for some military boots then...else after the patch the hoppers will get them all 

Arma 3 and DayZ SA have 2 ENTIRELY different skeletons. A simple port wouldn't suffice.

Well of course a simple port will not suffice. I wasn't saying to simply port it. I just said that if it is possible in ARMA 3 (and I mean GAMEPLAYwise, not Technicaly, as it is similar to dayz in terms of gameplay, map size, and player count), then it should be also possible in DayZ. This is just to answer Rufet, that ragdolls will not make the game any worse.

Arma 3 also has stamina/fatigue system so I see no reason why not make it possible in DayZ..

not sure if you were making a joke here, but... well, hah, I also wonder why did they decide to ignore fatigue and stamina in DayZ. It really makes it possible to run fresh-spawned from Kamyshovo all the way to the NWAF without starving and stopping.

Edited by osallivan

Anyone notice new animations yet!? Press f9 and f10 I think and you'll find out :) .. Ragdoll and the hoppers are really cool too have yet to shoot someone and see how the ragdoll is then though I've only knocked Zeds out and watched them fall :)

Edit : throwing items seems to be a lot faster , changing hot bar for me is extremely responsive but there's still a Huge lack of animals :((. At least in the east I've been lost in the woods of the north east for a good 45 mins now and haven't seen one animal since .45 originally came out ! Other than than patch seems awesome :}

For searching for animals, don't search in the woods. You'll never find an animal there. When you look for animals look for them in open fields. That's the place where they spawn. Animals literally don't spawn in the forest. Just put that out of your mind. I've never found animals in the forest, but at least 100 in open fields. That's just in 2 days.

has anybody tried using a walkie talkie in 0.47 ? do they work at all ? or am i just wasting my time ?

has anybody tried using a walkie talkie in 0.47 ? do they work at all ? or am i just wasting my time ?

Dunno yet, need to test, but I am wanting to troll with this also ;)

As in leave a walkie talkie turned on while I hide in a bush lol

Edited by fowang
  • Like 1

Dunno yet, need to test, but I am wanting to troll with this also ;)

As in leave a walkie talkie turned on while I hide in a bush lol

Y'know walkie talkies have worked pretty much since launch

Y'know walkie talkies have worked pretty much since launch

have u tried using one recently?

last patch (0.44 or something) they introduced the ability to Switch channels (like in arma2 or arma3). but there were only 2 channels to choose from (direct and the activated walkie talkie frequency). made no difference which channel u would use .... last patch (0.46) i wasnt able to Switch channels! AND THEY DONT WORK AT ALL ATM!!!! am i missing something. we have been trying to get them to work for days now?!?!? just wasted time right? they dont work at all?!?

Edited by brumey

deleted

Edited by brumey

So... logged in to test out the new zombie ragdoll. Ran around Novo and Polana - not a single Z, or a single player for that matter. I checked the player list and it was sitting at about 20. Meh..

have u tried using one recently?

last patch (0.44 or something) they introduced the ability to Switch channels (like in arma2 or arma3). but there were only 2 channels to choose from (direct and the activated walkie talkie frequency). made no difference which channel u would use .... last patch (0.46) i wasnt able to Switch channels! AND THEY DONT WORK AT ALL ATM!!!! am i missing something. we have been trying to get them to work for days now?!?!? just wasted time right? they dont work at all?!?

Exactly the same here. 0.46 you could not switch channels! Spent ages trying to work it out then finally gave up. Hope they get fixed soon as it would be good fun to use.

Exactly the same here. 0.46 you could not switch channels! Spent ages trying to work it out then finally gave up. Hope they get fixed soon as it would be good fun to use.

all i wanna know is. do they work on 0.47. cause we are planning a roleplay Event in August! and wlkaie talkie will be a fundamental part of it! we Need to know this!

i currently dont have the time to patch to experimental and look hours for a walkie talkie!

Player proximity alert is still there.

But now instead of red chain warning you are 'losing connection' for 10-30 seconds and this mean some player is within 300-500 meters from you.