Sign in to follow this  
Sparkplug (DayZ)

Zombies

Not sure where to post this but, Please for the love of god melee weapons are useless. I hacked on a zombie for so long my finger got tired. > :(  Please make the melee weapons work right. When we get more zombies all you can do is run and hope for the best. Maybe make it harder for say a hammer to do damage but a machete should take there freakin head off end of zombie. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sparkplug
  • Like 1

From my experience, since the latest patch, melee vs zombies feels just right. They go down with just one well aimed swing of an axe. Much improved over the last build.

Edited by blaeZ

machete i find useless against Zeds, go find yourself an axe. Tend to go down with a single swing that way.

baseball bat indoors is funny at the moment

machete is fine i reckon, i prefer to carry that or a bayonet or combat knife, over anything. not usually 1 hit kit, but small

Edited by qww

Both axes are best for killing infected. 2 hits usually seals the deal with them.

lol - have you tried killing one with a fishing rod? 

Edited by Calibre

If you don't have an axe, enter first person mode, raise the fists and aim for the head. That's the only way.

Machetes are great in the current experimental.

I like the Machete for its accuracy and speed, one blow to the back of the head and they're down. Otherwise you've gotta hit em in the face at least 3 times. Which is easy given the speed but its a hassle when they're getting up and going back down.

Axe is still better, besides, you cannot crawl over to a tree and cut it down for sticks for a splint w/ a Machete.