Slyguy65

DCing from snipers, snipers complaining.

You don't get punished for DCing, they will however work on fixing the exploit.

Banning people over such an exploit is the lazy way to solve the problem.

And lets face it, the bandits/snipers have the advantage of not being identified by the common survivor due to crappy systems such as bandit skins and heart beatings being not finished yet, so in a way, that is an exploit as well, that's why people shoot on sight anyway, there's no real consequence for committing a murder.

So it's all in fair game, cry less, it's Alpha.

Much still needs fixing.

And lets face it' date=' the bandits/snipers have the advantage of not being identified by the common survivor due to crappy systems such as bandit skins and heart beatings being not finished yet, so in a way, that is an exploit as well, that's why people shoot on sight anyway, there's no real consequence for committing a murder.

[/quote']

That isn't an exploit. DayZ has no rules, adding consequences for murder/banditry is absolutely retarded.

People shoot on sight because that is the only way to ensure survival; which is the point of DayZ, to survive.

Sniping is in game. Just like sniping is in reality.

Logging out to avoid dying is an exploit. You can't log out in real life unless you let that sniper remove your face.

You don't get punished for DCing' date=' they will however work on fixing the exploit.

Banning people over such an exploit is the lazy way to solve the problem.

And lets face it, the bandits/snipers have the advantage of not being identified by the common survivor due to crappy systems such as bandit skins and heart beatings being not finished yet, so in a way, that is an exploit as well, that's why people shoot on sight anyway, there's no real consequence for committing a murder.

So it's all in fair game, cry less, it's Alpha.

Much still needs fixing.

[/quote']

You can't call lack of bandit skin an exploit, because the dev specifically removed the bandit skin because he didn't like the mechanic. Also, as far as I know the heartbeat system is working, just that it's limited to close range.

Alt-f4'ing, on the other hand, the dev is trying to implement a system to stop it, which just doesn't happen to work yet. Not to mention that he specifically said that he considers alt-f4'ing to be an exploit.

Anyway, I'm kinda of the same mind. If the OP wants to exploit for as long as he can, it's no skin off my bones. Just so long as he doesn't come on the forums and complain if he gets caught in the act and banned.

I am excited to see what features rocket's going to be adding to promote grouping. However, I sincerely hope he never implements a punishment for murder, because murder and bandits are supposed to be part of the game. Extra benefits to grouping good. Punishments for bandits bad.

So can you really get banned for this' date=' or is it just something people say because they think it will help somehow? Like ppl might suddenly be too scared to do it or something.

[/quote']

Exploiting is a bannable offense, and the dev (Rocket) has posted that he considers alt-f4'ing to avoid death to be an exploit. Yes, if you get caught doing it, you can be punished. Though, to be fair, it is fairly hard to get caught doing it. Basically the only way you'll be punished is if the person who was sniping you happens to be a server admin or a server admin's buddy, or one of the dev team, or is someone who's recording a vid of the encounter and posts it afterward.

So it's really up to you. I don't personally do it, because I think it's kinda a dick move that undermines the point of DayZ, but if you don't mind being a dick and risking a ban, then go ahead.

i'm sure that 90% of the people in this thread d/c if they get jumped too. you can't get caught, thats why.

i'm sure that 90% of the people in this thread d/c if they get jumped too. you can't get caught' date=' thats why.

[/quote']

I'm 90% sure that 90% of your statistics were 90% made up with 90% being falsehoods to support your point and the other 90% being justification to yourself.

... in other words, I think you're wrong about your 90% estimation.:P

I am not against their being some negative to murders as long as it's not much or big. Fact is in real life their (for most people) would be a negative emotional effect that could more than likely effect you physically. So for instance if a murder made you lose X blood (who knows maybe 400 maybe 1200 I don't know really just throwing ideas) or some other minor negative attribute I think that would be fine. I would however be highly against a big negative. I think removing bandit skin was a good idea because fact is you would not know in real life if guy is murderer or not you would just have to go off other things. Also fact is people are certainly slightly more likely to shoot on sight being this is a video game and fact is they know this and you do not have normal human feelings about the siutation because of this. So having a slight added negative might make it more realistic.

Exploiting is a bannable offense' date=' and the dev (Rocket) has posted that he considers alt-f4'ing to avoid death to be an exploit. Yes, if you get caught doing it, you can be punished. Though, to be fair, it is fairly hard to get caught doing it. Basically the only way you'll be punished is if the person who was sniping you happens to be a server admin or a server admin's buddy, or one of the dev team, or is someone who's recording a vid of the encounter and posts it afterward.

[/quote']

Sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to show evidence of people getting banned or punished for this. If you mean I could get banned from a single server because a mod catches me, then you might be right. Still a mod can do that if they are mad I killed them too. However, it seems like a global ban for this has never happened.

I can't find a report of ANYONE getting banned for this and it seems like every thread in the cheating forum about this get instantly locked (even with video proof).

I am going to have to say that you can not be banned for this, and I will also provide a few sources:

Here are a few posts from the cheating forums:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=23905

4th reply by a mod: "Thats great. Locked."

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8029&pid=74413#pid74413 - A topic started about Alt + f4 exploiting, another mod (or the same) posts:

" No evidence, closing thread. Devs dont want these kind of threads."

And of course I have to include rockets post because I think its what gets people confused:

Rockets post: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8029&pid=74413#pid74413

"I don't know why, but people are assuming that I think this is part of the game.

It's not. I posted in a thread that was talking about that, that META-GAMING is explicitly allowed. I.e. infiltrating teamspeak servers and groups etc...

Disconnecting to avoid death IS an exploit.

It will be patched out, very easily, in a future update. The update is ready to go and will be released when the Beta patch for ArmA2 is out."

Nothing about banning in there. Seems like the same thing. A vague explanation calling it an exploit, just something that would make you think twice.

I just have to say, to anyone out there trying to "scare" people by stating facts that are not 100% verified, you are also telling new players that cheaters get punished. Which seems to be untrue at the moment.

P.S Im not against PVP hell i kill people too but i don't camp at a high traffic area just to kill for the fuck of it either .... real pvp is not allowing them time to disconnect. If they can disconnect you failed...not them.

I love this bit most. In reality' date=' you are right.

[/quote']

Actually, DCing to avoid death is not supposed to be there... It's an exploit. Those who log off because someone are shooting after them, are p*****....

if you don't die, you'll never learn from your mistakes. every time I get killed I try to think about what I did wrong, and not repeat that mistake in the future

I may be against the use of it in big firefights to get out of dodge fast or flack, but I do love the fact that bandits are the ones who get worked up about it, kinda like karma biting them in the ass. xD

Was just walking through Cherno, saw a group of 3 at about 300m~. Shot 1 in the back on the docks, instantly disappeared. Other two dropped down to the ground and DC'd.. I wanted what was inside those Alice packs.... I needed food and ammo for myself and a friend. WTB log out timer.

I wonder.... If we look at the numbers...

Are there more DCing now then a month ago?

If this is true.... I wonder if the heavy shoot first and ask questions later is actually promoting this DC behavior?

I never DCed.

If I get killed, I get killed-- it's no big deal since it's alpha.

I am wondering if this is becoming a more vicious cycle of more player killing = in crease of players doing DCing?

Im also wondering are the DCing people high end gear or low end gear.

Are we seeing more highly armed or even snipers being the players who actually DC?

I look forward to when players can't DC. It's just a cowering act.

Reminds me when your a kid and there is somone about to be tagged it, and they suddenly pretend you never touch them..or it was not long enough-- for them to become it.

I wonder.... If we look at the numbers...

Are there more DCing now then a month ago?

If this is true.... I wonder if the heavy shoot first and ask questions later is actually promoting this DC behavior?

I never DCed.

If I get killed, I get killed-- it's no big deal since it's alpha.

I am wondering if this is becoming a more vicious cycle of more player killing = in crease of players doing DCing?

Im also wondering are the DCing people high end gear or low end gear.

Are we seeing more highly armed or even snipers being the players who actually DC?

I look forward to when players can't DC. It's just a cowering act.

Reminds me when your a kid and there is somone about to be tagged it, and they suddenly pretend you never touch them..or it was not long enough-- for them to become it.

You all should worry more about the game itself then how others play it.

Fact: If random survivor dc's before sniper kills him, sniper gets pissed.

Fact: If sniper kills random survivor, then random survivor gets pissed.

There will allways be someone getting pissed about something. That's PvP for you.

Why dont you all worry about why the zombies seem to be a crossing between Usain Bolt, David Cooperfield, Einstein and a German Sheperd?

You all should worry more about the game itself then how others play it.

Fact: If random survivor dc's before sniper kills him' date=' sniper gets pissed.

Fact: If sniper kills random survivor, then random survivor gets pissed.

There will allways be someone getting pissed about something. That's PvP for you.

Why dont you all worry about why the zombies seem to be a crossing between Usain Bolt, David Cooperfield, Einstein and a German Sheperd?

[/quote']

the difference is people DC'ing to avoid death is an exploit. getting sniped is part of the game

and whether or not that is the biggest issues in the game is besides the point

The problem is that most snipers who are out to pk server hop hot spots until others expose themselves. Then they take shots and battle log,ie dc to get rid of zombies.

Both using dc to avoid death and abusing world persistence to gain the upper hand are both really bad things to experience,but they are certainly a prevalent part of the game now. So what do you do?

My suggestion is make sniping require some form of skill. Make wind and altitude a factor at far ranges. Only having bullet drop on 400+m shots is a joke. In real life people actually go through months of training but in dayz you can pick up a dmr and start driving nails at ridiculous ranges without even knowing the armory exists. It's laughable.

Why not.

It is a nice balance

It's called exploiting... make the most of it while it lasts, because when you can't alt f4 anymore, all that gear you got from that crash site will be mine.....

You wan't to stay alive? Use your brain and stop asking DayZ gods to fix everything for you....

But what we really need, is some kind of timer to prevent server hopping and alt-f4ing.

got to admit I thought this op was hilarious. I'm not a bandit but I do think of a DC as pretty cheap until he painted this picture. In this scenario there is no semblance of fariness or a fight in the slightest. I mean think about it, was it not the bandit snipers intent to very simply, ruin the time of the other player? Yet when the other player responds in kind suddenly it is unfair? Very ironic.

DC'ing is like pulling a gun on a school yard bully. The bully is just doing what bullies do.

He killed you? In a video game....?!?!? No.....can't be. Pull the plug, somethings wrong here.

Everyone is freaking out at this dude for speaking out (even though he might get in shit he still posted it) in hopes of bettering the server? You people are the scum ruining this roleplaying game. Sitting in a spot just waiting for humans to mercilessly kill them is just rubbish. Real life events wouldn't have people sitting near crash sites just waiting for people to come looking for stuff. Stop calling this guy the ingenious one and realize that you're the problem with this mod.

I play with a few friends and they do this shit too, I ditch them and head out on my own to survive, not to ruin some kids night by killing him for his gear. It really annoys me when people kill for light loot as well, and this whole "I didn't know if he was going to shoot me so I shot him" crap is dumb as shit. Half of you kids shoot these guys the second you see them, just to ruin what fun they might be having. Really sad how people try to go so far out of their way just to ruin other peoples fun.

Everyone is freaking out at this dude for speaking out (even though he might get in shit he still posted it) in hopes of bettering the server? You people are the scum ruining this roleplaying game. Sitting in a spot just waiting for humans to mercilessly kill them is just rubbish. Real life events wouldn't have people sitting near crash sites just waiting for people to come looking for stuff. Stop calling this guy the ingenious one and realize that you're the problem with this mod.

I play with a few friends and they do this shit too' date=' I ditch them and head out on my own to survive, not to ruin some kids night by killing him for his gear. It really annoys me when people kill for light loot as well, and this whole "I didn't know if he was going to shoot me so I shot him" crap is dumb as shit. Half of you kids shoot these guys the second you see them, just to ruin what fun they might be having. Really sad how people try to go so far out of their way just to ruin other peoples fun.

[/quote']

Guy joins sandbox game.

Guy see's people playing sandbox game a way that is counter-productive to his.

Guy tries to imply that everyone has to concede to his style of sandbox play.

Throws in some ad hominem for extra effect.

Profit.

I hate the fact my friend and i spent a good 30 minutes scouting around an airfield and then going in only for server hoppers to pop up every minutes and dc as soon as they see us,

got to admit I thought this op was hilarious. I'm not a bandit but I do think of a DC as pretty cheap until he painted this picture. In this scenario there is no semblance of fariness or a fight in the slightest. I mean think about it' date=' was it not the bandit snipers intent to very simply, ruin the time of the other player? Yet when the other player responds in kind suddenly it is unfair? Very ironic.

[/quote']

except the bandit does everytihng within the game. bandit is an established in game class, its on your fucking hud. there's even a special forum section for bandits. i dont see a pussy alt+f4 scumbag class on your hud, nor a special forum for disconecting scum. your logic is so bad all I can assume from it is that you get killed a lot, and then blame the killer, and not yourself for not scanning your surroundings and running in the open like a retard.

try harder at justifying scumbag exploits.