teeheelols

The best base spots in Chernarus

Where's the best place to build a base... I prefer build in woods but i don't where's the place.. If you can please add pictures and the location is.. Thank you  happy.png

It's very unlikely people will share with you the location of their super-secret innawoods place, you should go innawoods and find a place that is not traveled by many and preferrably out of the way.

On top of Cherno hospital is a good place, I heard. Especially for a hero.

All seriousness aside, though: big cities are usually a good place to hide some sneaky tents and stashes, as most won't even check certain buildings, as unenterable. They will just run past and not even realise there's a tent hidden round the back.

This way you also have a great place to drop off gear when going for a loot run, so you can run in with an empty backpack and a Hatchet / Crossbow and sneakily loot the city. Best spot for this technique is Berezino.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

All seriousness aside

So the top of Cherno hotel is a good spot?

• Like 1

well, the best overwatch spots to build your base on that are close to the coast is the solnichy quarry (the big cliff beside the city), pusta's mountain, barn north of power plant, etc.

In the end it's all about finding the place that suits more your playstile.

If you like to snipe people off, put a safe and some sandbags on a elektro or cherno's tower and be happy, if you like to hoard vehicles and gear, put your base as much into the woods that you can.

Don't build outside large cities. Buidling inside them is alright, but if you build in the nearby woods, anyone entering/exiting the area might stumble across your tents. If you build inside the city, DO NOT put the base near any good loot spawns. Some people (including me) run through backyards to avoid the agro you get on the road and to save time. So build your base Far from any loot spawns or routs people may take to them.

As for general location, most people build near the edge of the map, mainly the East and North, because these areas are empty (So no  one will enter them) but are close to the Airfields. I usually build inland, just above the giant cities near the small towns.

Avoid building anywhere people might go near often. This includes Paved roads, especially ones that lead to Zelenogorsk, Stary, and the NEAF. always make sure you're atleast 500m from any paved road, as Cars may see your tents/stuff from far away.

Don't build on Mountain/hilltops. Your tents and you will be highly visible from Helicopters. Also avoid anywhere where helicopters may go.

Don't build at any features on the map (Lakes, power lines, little marks like rocks and stuff) as a lot of people check these locations for bases.

In my experience the best places to build are in Valleys, with the tents hidden in pine trees, random areas in the west of the map, and in small villages. If you can find somewhere away from those that's safe, then go for it.

If you want a big base raid, check Black lake, Skalka mountain, Pik kozlov, and Skalisity Island. If skalisity has a base, it will usually be huge, as anyone out there will have a helicopter. but it's rare to find one there.

I prefer the willow lake area. easy to get to Berezino and NEAF. Just gotta be careful with people trekking to NEAF.

the only place i feel save to put a tent is inside rocks. only 1-2 on the map as hoarding is a really unsatisfying thing to do for me.

I know of a little yellow house I found in Arma 2 level editor... A house noone can explain, and I think only I know of... a house from a place called PANTHERA!

In all seriousness, I found that in editor while looking for barns to build in. Ive never been robbed, and noone ever notices it, as its in the middle of the woods. Do what I do, use level editor to scout out the safe way.

Double post

Edited by Owen.

Sneaky spot is the end of the coastal road out past Kamenka, between the road and the edge of the map there is a dip and you can pitch a tent in the dip and it's invisible from ground level.  vulnerable to helicoptors but its at the least travelled corner of the map even from aircraft.