JT111

The great M4 delete

Ak is actually not really inaccurate. It is marginally less accurate compared to an m4 for example but its perfectly capable of hitting things.

The rumor stems from people who tend to use ak rifles being conscripts or poorly trained people thus inaccurate.

Reading this thread makes my head hurt though tell me again devs why should you cater to the casuals ? 

I can second that. You can shoot bullseyes with AK up to 100m with ironsights using a 30rnds clip. The gun ain´t bad for semi auto, full auto it has a crazy recoil but well, you never go full auto on distance :D 

Ak is actually not really inaccurate. It is marginally less accurate compared to an m4 for example but its perfectly capable of hitting things.

The rumor stems from people who tend to use ak rifles being conscripts or poorly trained people thus inaccurate.

Reading this thread makes my head hurt though tell me again devs why should you cater to the casuals ? 

I can second that. You can shoot bullseyes with AK up to 100m with ironsights using a 30rnds clip. The gun ain´t bad for semi auto, full auto it has a crazy recoil but well, you never go full auto on distance :D

You need to try not to talk in the quote cause its REALLY damn confusing having to separate what you say from the other. XD

In all fairness, the disappearing of items when not enough space is present on your person and glitched weapon sway are developer fuck ups. (;

>.> Grimey....shhhh. I was trying to make it seem like they didn't screw it up! Although when developing by programming or designing (whatever), sometimes you don't know that your causing an issue. Fix or implement one thing and then something else breaks.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

Your maps is old as fuck and inaccurate. Here are updated locations in experimental now MGkDhO0.jpg

Could you reupload that with different color markers? I'm colorblind so I can barely (if that) see those markers. xD

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

Get a grip you creatures!

I can guarantee that all of you who complain about realistic weaponry have never touched a REAL weapon in your lives!

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

US Marine Corps Corporal, Rifle Expert 3rd award (consecutive. 5 times in total). Shot with M16, M16-A4, A2, and the M4. (no combat experience, I was a lowly, hard working air winger). I also fired, during special training events on multiple occasions, the 240 G, SAW, .50 MG, and a MK-19 on one occasion.

I own a Sig Sauer 2022 SP pro series 9mm, and a Savage 111 30-06, in addition to having fired my father's Savage Tactical .308, Bushmaster 5.56 AR, Mossberg 12 gauge, Marlin 30-30, Smith & Wesson M&P .45, Barreta 9mm, and a "Masters Arms" knock off version of the Mac 10.

Your logic doesn't follow. The people who complain the most, in all likelihood, do so BECAUSE they DO know whats what.

No offense meant. Just sayin....

So the day of the patch all of the m4 ammo i had in my ammo can is bugged so it disappears when you try to load it in a mag...then a few days later I log in to find my M4 and all it's attachment are missing....I guess Dean and co wanted the M4 gone pretty badly. maybe they could have just gave me another gun in place of it....it took me a long time to set that M4 up so it resembeled the real AR-15 I own.

Plus, they keep adding stupid unimportant stuff and at the saem time screw up important game play mechanics like the long range scope being useless now....WTF.

yeah mate...thanks for your input. Iam also very very disturbed by that you couldent recreate the FEEL of your beloved AR-15 ingame in DayZ. Its also very troubeling that the devs scope out gunlovers like you, to steal ammo from and to add it to their armory without asking. Its sad days mate and it will get worse. Keep watching your back brother, commies are everywhere. Especialy in Chernaruss.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

How is the LRS useless?

And the ammo you are referring to is probably the already glitched 60 stack of ammo, which wasn't even supposed to happen.  And the M4 is still in the game, it just sounds like you've been alpha'ed, which you know is going to happen every time you start up the game, therefore making this thread totally useless.

I had the same thing (ammo box filled with 60x bullets for M4), and I don't really mind that it's gone. I was using an exploit, so I had to pay for it. And it's an alpha, so I should not care about my stuff because it can be gone in a split-second due to a bug, hack, error or glitch.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

US Marine Corps Corporal, Rifle Expert 3rd award (consecutive. 5 times in total). Shot with M16, M16-A4, A2, and the M4. (no combat experience, I was a lowly, hard working air winger). I also fired, during special training events on multiple occasions, the 240 G, SAW, .50 MG, and a MK-19 on one occasion.

I own a Sig Sauer 2022 SP pro series 9mm, and a Savage 111 30-06, in addition to having fired my father's Savage Tactical .308, Bushmaster 5.56 AR, Mossberg 12 gauge, Marlin 30-30, Smith & Wesson M&P .45, Barreta 9mm, and a "Masters Arms" knock off version of the Mac 10.

Your logic doesn't follow. The people who complain the most, in all likelihood, do so BECAUSE they DO know whats what.

No offense meant. Just sayin....

So your obsession with computer game based weaponry stems from a lack of any real soldiering?

Typical REMF mentality......probably do airsoft too and boast about your weapon 'expertise' there haha.

• Like 2

So your obsession with computer game based weaponry stems from a lack of any real soldiering?

Typical REMF mentality......probably do airsoft too and boast about your weapon 'expertise' there haha.

Your lack of respect makes me doubt this generation.

• Like 1

And this is coming from the keyboard warrior? Shit dude, you must have tons of combat experience.

Let me guess, you were a navy seal, top of your class, served five tours, have fifty confirmed kills, and was on the op that killed bin laden. 

Lack of soldering my ass, dude is a marine. Being a keyboard warrior aint got shit on that.

• Like 2

Obsession? Why do people on the internet always try to put words in people's mouths or feeling in their words that aren't there. I do not have an OBSESSION. The fact that I want to see some realism (BALANCED realism for the sake of gameplay) in game in order to make it more entertaining (ie, the elimination of random and unrealistic dispersion) does not equate to obsession. It would be more accurate to say that my desire for in game realism stems from having extensive experience and training with actual firearms.

Second, EVERY Marine is a rifleman first. EVERY Marine receives combat training, ranging from weapon marksmanship, forced endurance marches, land navigation, and basic infantry tactics. Its just that those who are ACTUAL infantry MOSes receive more in depth training. And in my case, I may not have seen actual combat, but I WAS deployed to a combat zone (Iraq), and no, I didn't just stay "behind the wire". I got to have the distinct pleasure of being assigned to an infantry unit that was guarding Camp Fallujah during the time when that base was being torn down before being given back to the Iraqis. While there, I did plenty of guard duty, and several patrols around the perimeter of the base. Not having seen combat does not mean I have not done any "real soldiering", as you put it.

And lastly, don't knock airsoft. During one of my more interesting and fun training exercises, I got to "play" as the OPFOR forces (terrorists) in a MOUT (military operations on urban terrain) town. We used high powered airsoft guns designed to have the same look, weight, and feel of the real thing (these things could leave you with welts worse than paintball). While it may SOUND like fun and games (and it WAS fun), it is a legitimate training exercise. It was during that training that I learned to properly clear houses in a combat environment, how to move from point to point, etc. etc.

So, in conclusion, I think you need to USE that brain housing group your mommy and daddy gave you when they exchanged genetic molecules one night (and judging by your level of maturity, that night was what? 6? 7 years ago?), and think REAL hard.....SQUEEEEEZE the blood out of that rock....and let the next statement that flies out of your wide open, mouth breathing suck hole carry a small amount of wisdom and intelligence.

To think, I even tried to be very clear that I meant NO offense when trying to inform him.....

• Like 1

Pffft. Marines. We all know the real men of the military are the tankers. 

>_>

-Edit: Before people jump down my throat with "BUT MARINES ARE NOT APART OF THE ARMY DUUUUUURRR HUUUURRR"

Edited by Daemonkid
  • Like 1

Not trying to add to the already amazing clusterfuck here, but...

Offtopic #1:

some time ago i was amazed about the "courage" some keyboard warriors can display, especially 

on game forums, but not limited to. Also i was amazed about how smart and knowledgeable they think they are,

and how full of theories and wiki they are. Most of them will spit the heart out of them in the first 10 minutes of real combat.

Now i am old, so i got so tired that i am not even amazed anymore.

Offtopic #2

my expertise in real firearms is limited to AK + variants, Dragunov, L96/AW and some pistols that are not the object of this topic.

Not that AKM is , but was brought into discussion as a comparative "solution" for the M4 variants. The cruel truth about the AK is:

the weapon accuracy (assuming a god-like operator behind it) depends A LOT of the manufacturer. Some of them after a clip

shot on full auto cannot hit shit over 100 meters other than with pure luck or a real huge target area. Some of them are a shame of the "league and legend"

that AK created in terms of reliability. And if i can live long enough i do hope to see someone with an AK being able to put a 3-4 burst in a target over 100 meters. really...

/end offtopic

while my experience in NATO weapons is limited i will refrain myself to talk about how good or bad is an M4, but from my limited experience (yes i have seen combat, but those of us with comrades killed next to you, found harder to talk about it on a forum about games and entertainment and fun) i can tell you this: M4 is a hell of a rifle in terms of ergonomics. But in the end, the one that actually shots (good or bad) is the man standing behind the rifle, and if he or she is a good one, will use the weapon in it's "working envelope", not trying to hit a fly at 500m with an M4. That's why one of the oldest rule in snipers manual is "know your rifle"...

sorry about the derailing.

edit: shit... wall of text.

Edited by mugur
  • Like 1

On the topic of "Soldering" if a member of the Military has seen combat or not, does not reduce their contribution or input into a discussion about weapons. I can pick up a pistol right now, having never fired one but I understand the concept of how to handle the weapon, the safety and the burden placed upon me. Yet, I am not as knowledgeable about it as someone who has actually used it. Just because someone hasn't seen "true" combat doesn't diminish their opinion about a firearm. They've been trained and operated one.

Have you ever wielded a sword? I fence. Sword combat and fencing are 2 totally different subjects yet are grounded in the same reality. Fencing is more sport, but it is sword fighting; a more flamboyant version of sword fighting but the principal is the same. Parrying, deflection and thrusting when the opportunity presents itself. A man doesn't need to be in combat to talk about the merits of a weapon he was trained with and has experience with. Otherwise, our world would be fucked if someone is required to use their training and expertise ALWAYS through a baptism of fire. That's not how knowledge and experience works.

Edited by Daemonkid
  • Like 1

REMF's get angry when the truth hurts, then throw out the classic 'keyboard warrior' insult.

Try harder guys please, in the meantime I'm sure there's a front gate that needs guarding.

REMF's get angry when the truth hurts, then throw out the classic 'keyboard warrior' insult.

Try harder guys please, in the meantime I'm sure there's a front gate that needs guarding.

God damn. You're an awful troll. Try harder please. You may actually contribute something funny.

• Like 1

God damn. You're an awful troll. Try harder please. You may actually contribute something funny.

I'm actually not trying at all and your reaction shows my trolling does work.

Give yourself a round of applause.

I'm actually not trying at all and your reaction shows my trolling does work.

Give yourself a round of applause.

No shit you're not trying. That's why I said "Try harder" because maybe instead of spouting crap, you'll say something that's genuinely funny.

God damn, people like you distort trollings genuine heritage. Which is to be witty and comedic. Not spouting crap and HUUR DURR IMA TROOOOL.

• Like 2

Getting worked up there a little bit kid, go and eat a big mac.

No one is getting worked up son. 

You're just awful and should feel awful.

You want some icecream? I hear that's all the rage with pre-pubescent teens.

Edited by Daemonkid
  • Like 1

Offtopic #2

my expertise in real firearms is limited to AK + variants, Dragunov, L96/AW and some pistols that are not the object of this topic.

Not that AKM is , but was brought into discussion as a comparative "solution" for the M4 variants. The cruel truth about the AK is:

the weapon accuracy (assuming a god-like operator behind it) depends A LOT of the manufacturer. Some of them after a clip

shot on full auto cannot hit shit over 100 meters other than with pure luck or a real huge target area. Some of them are a shame of the "league and legend"

that AK created in terms of reliability. And if i can live long enough i do hope to see someone with an AK being able to put a 3-4 burst in a target over 100 meters. really...

/end offtopic

while my experience in NATO weapons is limited i will refrain myself to talk about how good or bad is an M4, but from my limited experience (yes i have seen combat, but those of us with comrades killed next to you, found harder to talk about it on a forum about games and entertainment and fun) i can tell you this: M4 is a hell of a rifle in terms of ergonomics. But in the end, the one that actually shots (good or bad) is the man standing behind the rifle, and if he or she is a good one, will use the weapon in it's "working envelope", not trying to hit a fly at 500m with an M4. That's why one of the oldest rule in snipers manual is "know your rifle"...

sorry about the derailing.

edit: shit... wall of text.

Off topic #2:

Well, I can tell you from multiple tests and slow-speed camera results, the reason the AK CAN be inaccurate at times is mostly due to 2 factors.

1). The sights are really close together, giving more room for error when aligning the sights to take a shot.

2). The barrel likes to shake a lot under full auto fire.

Some people may say I pulled those 2 out of my ass but it's what I (and others) have experienced. 

Me being a GUN enthusiast, and not a specific country weapons enthusiast (big difference ; Gun enthusiast likes any gun respectively, specific is biased), There are some Cons with the Pros on the M4A1.

Pros:

Light, ergonomically efficient, accurate, high rate-of-fire, easy to use.

Cons:

Sights are REALLY encumbering (I have ALWAYS ditched the carry handles on my AR-15's and substituted a BUIS-styled rear sight), the round the weapon utilizes is not as large as the 7.62 the AK fires, but is still very deadly due to tumbling.

NOW back to the game:

The survivors (when steady and not fatigued, and disregarding the weapon sway bug) hold the sights PERFECTLY lined up. From a game standpoint, the AKM should be really accurate, since there is no room for error and the barrel obviously can't shake. In my opinion, the differences between the AKM and the M4A1 should go like this:

AKM:

High Damage, High Accuracy, High Recoil, Effective Range of 400m

M4A1:

Medium Damage, High Accuracy, Low-Medium Recoil, Effective Range of 500m

This gives the weapons nice trade-offs and introduces a play style.

On a public note:

I have yet to receive any military training (I am debating on enlisting), but I have countless hours spent on the range and have participated in a plethora of trial runs and a multitude of different exercises.

I KNOW someone here is going to call me out, saying "Oh you've just been to a range you don't know how the real military life is and you don't understand what it's like to be shot at."

And you know what...You're right, I don't. But what I do know is I have had extensive training with many different weapon systems, and I can put rounds into a target @ 300m with irons all day long.

Just because someone doesn't have military training, doesn't mean they don't know how to operate a firearm of some sort. Chances are, if you come across an American that lives in the South or Mid-West, they've fired a weapon before (for a long time at that).

And for TheWanderingMan:

It doesn't matter if you serve a few tours killing terrorists left and right. It doesn't matter if you're training other recruits to fire a M16A2 during their 2nd phase. It doesn't matter if you sit at a desk all day. There are no 'Speical' Marines, there are no meaningless Marines. A Marine, is a Marine.

Edited by SFRGaming

God Bless #MURICA land of the big mac and doughnut.

Home to latter day crusaders of freedom, the USMC!!!

Democracy and freedom to all those in sandals.

Fuck yeah

Edited by TheWanderingMan

Guns are like men!

You can marry the M4A1, not much punch, but an all round reliable provider.

If you really want to have something exciting that knows how to give you the best bang take the AKM!

:P

• Like 1

Guns are like men!

You can marry the M4A1, not much punch, but an all round reliable provider.

If you really want to have something exciting that knows how to give you the best bang take the AKM!

:P

I thought guns were like women? It's all about how you hold them.

• Like 2

I thought guns were like women? It's all about how you hold them.

Let's just hope no one makes a Shemale analogy...

Edited by SFRGaming