Time Glitch

The ONLY Realistic Way to Prevent Deathmatching: Make DayZ a Living Hell

How does me teaming up with my psychotic bandit buddy and killing everyone anyway work into this grand plan?

it will be same as now, but it will be a bit harder i guess

Why not add a humanity bar, where the player loses humanity when murdering another player. And when/as that humanity bar runs empty/low, the character goes insane and, for example starts talking to himself, which is possible for nearby players to hear. That would stop all the campers atleast.

• Like 1

Why not add a humanity bar, where the player loses humanity when murdering another player. And when/as that humanity bar runs empty/low, the character goes insane and, for example starts talking to himself, which is possible for nearby players to hear. That would stop all the campers atleast.

But that only applies to us, normal people. Not for the badass gunslingers, bringers of mercy and deliverance from hell, whose only friend is their rifle and the whispers of the wind softly caressing his shoulders whle chilling the bones of the weaker ones. The weaker ones whose lives are about to fade with the loud and cold touch of lead, carrying just the peace...... of death.

In other words not every person is prone to insanity for killing others. There's people that can in fact kill without remorse. I don't like murderers but this mechanic doesn't seem to apply very well.

There will always be "bandit" players/groups no matter what you do, and i don't think making it difficult to get supplies will help that.

I would like to see some sort of "sharing" element implemented to promote teamwork between survivors.

I personally think that making it somewhat harder to loot could at least reduce the amount of snipers killing other players from a distance. Make it so that a horde of zombies is gravitated by the dead body, eating it up slowly and "destroying" the backpack and contents. So the sniper/bandit needs to get rid of those first before looting. And hurry.

Or boobytrap your pack. But that's just me.

Edited by kerbholz

It's funny how people assume that it's "human nature" to band together.

Ever read some serious literature on the topic? Because it's most definitely not.

Humans stick together with family members, e.g. people they know and trust. Strangers they KOS, just like it is here. This is a known observation with tribal people all around the world.

The only thing separating us from them is an elaborated set of moral and judical laws, that punish this sort of behaviour. Take it away with a zombie apocalypse, and it's dog eat dog again.

You're half-right. People form groups very quickly and easily. Once they have the group, they will then become incredibly suspicious and distrustful of other groups. It's called Asymmetric Insight, and there's a lot of good writing out there on it. A great article on You Are Not So Smart explains: http://youarenotsosmart.com/2011/08/21/the-illusion-of-asymmetric-insight/

It is for this reason that people only team up with people they know, e.g. real life friends, and it is for this reason that the OP's ideas only work in theory.

You can't enforce teamplay and you can't enforce trust, especially not if you make people even more desperate.

As the second reason for our current, mostly non violent behaviour towards each other besides laws, is abundancy. Take that away and the common enemy (zombies) is overruled by competition for food.

This is pretty true. There part that's missing is the reward for teamwork though; you don't need to make food more scarce, you need to make it harder to get to on your own. You need to need other players.

The OPs idea will simply turn this into a team-deathmatch, rather than a simple deathmatch. Once I have my established group, I have no reason to be friendly towards strangers. Either I can take their stuff, or I can make sure they are incapable of taking mine. Sure, there is the off chance they might be friendly, but it's an unecessary gamble to find out. That's just the reality of the situation, and it's pretty much how a (prolongued) apocalypse would turn out.

The nature of Asymmetric Insight kind of implies that it will become team deathmatch no matter what.

But still, is there a way to turn this into a more rewarding experience for those of us who want to rebuild humanity? Probably.

There need to be ways to guarantee for the two aforementioned pillars of society - laws and abundancy.

1. Laws

For obvious reasons, those will have to be basic. E.g. "don't kill unarmed people" and fallible ("He killed me!" "No I didn't!")

Still, if there were such basic laws agreed on by the majority and - most importantly - means to enforce them, going rogue could bite you in the ass for a LONG time.

So how to enforce them?

One way, would be characters bound to servers. If you kill someone and take his stuff, you can't just switch to "another world" and expect no consequences. He will hunt you down.

And maybe the whole servers "society" will be on your tracks as well. This would be far more realistic and player driven than any arbitrary red glow for bandits. Of course it would require big and stable servers, so I don't see it happening before beta.

It's easy to read this and go 'laws? thats dumb' but like all things they need to be player-enforced. The server-hopping nature of the game does make it very easy to get away with no consequences. I would like to see a world where your appearance becomes more customised, or we develop some other way to identify people (perhaps tags on?). At the moment with everyone basically dressed the same there's almost no way to identify anyone, which is profoundly unrealistic. I think people being held to account for their actions more would help. But that also kind of takes away from the transitory nature of each life. So who knows.

An easier way to implement it might be more server bound stuff. People would still be able to switch servers, but they might not want to, because it would mean to leave a lot behind. Which leads us to point...

2. Abundancy

Basically, the number of stuff you get should raise exponentially with the number of people you manage to unite.

Give us means to establish permanent settlements or fortifications, thereby providing a drop off point for gathered loot.

Foragers could go out hunting, snipers could protect the place, builders could reinforce it and all of that should be easier, the more people there are.

Granted, the inhabitants of such a village will still be wary of outsiders, but an additional pair of hands will be useful to them. Similarly, the outsider could kill the inhabitants and run away, but he won't be able to carry all their stuff by himself, and - see point 1. - he will have a LOT of trouble on his heels

I don't like this at all. It goes against the very core of the game IMO. I do like the idea behind it, but I don't think it will work. The notion of scarcity is what drives competition. If you want a permanent fortification or defended position, fortify it and defend it. Collect tank traps, bear traps, razor wire kits. Lock it down. Log in as a group.

Now I know that both points require rather big changes to gameplay, but I think they are the only way to implement lasting motivation and incentive to team up. And after all this is alpha, so if there's any time to make big changes, it is now ;)

I disagree. I think the best way to encourage teamwork is to bump the zombie numbers and toughness. Fear is what keeps us from working together, it must be a greater fear that encourages the opposite. The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

• Like 4

Here is a good way to promote teamwork and less paranoia, radios should be implemented, and could be recieved from up to 4km away, and there should be megaphones that, when equipped, can make your voice travel clearly up to 500m. Having to get RIGHT up on someone before being able to announce you are friendly contributes to killing and paranoia. If you can tell people in a large area you are there and want to meet up, it helps. Military land vehicles and the Huey should also have loudspeakers so you can do long range communication, imagine. A huey flies over and its loudspeaker shouts "We have a group/camp at place A, come to place X and we can do thing Y".

Quite actually, this adds to the simulation aspect of the game aswell. Rocket has said before that if they do go stand alone,new features are quite easily added, without the limitations of this being a mod.

Thats good to hear!

• Like 1

I think the theme author is right.

Haters gonna hate, but i will give one single answers to "people will always kill". If you shoot, you will consume the rare ammo. Plus you will get a whole place attacking you. Zeds hordes attacks may lead to injuries and death. That shot player may survive and revenge.

PEOPLE WILL KILL SHIT. BUT THEY WILL BE LEARNED NOT TO DO SO AFTER THE KILL.

Military land vehicles and the Huey should also have loudspeakers so you can do long range communication, imagine. A huey flies over and its loudspeaker shouts "We have a group/camp at place A, come to place X and we can do thing Y".

I like that - the problem is I yet have to see a huey. I've been playing 1.7.2.4 for 2 days without seeing a chopper, yet.There could also be radio stations, which you can use to set off automated messages (with type to speech or direct recording and looped replay). Repair the generator, fuel it up and send out a message. In Belgium I often waited for my train in a small town that had loudspeakers playing "ambient" music all day. That was kinda fucked up, but also interesting, since the whole city was wired with speakers (quite a few villages there are).

Radios should not come in pairs. You will have to find batteries, too. Once you have a radio you can chose (a limited range) global chat to anyone else with a radio. People will tune in from all kind of places and you will meet more people on-the-air as you move around. Most likely group of survivors will form around guys with a radio. It would also be cool if radios come with an activation code (you can change), so other people who nick it, will have no use for it, unless you want them to.

Edited by S3V3N

That might help you short term, but long term...

There is no long term with being friendly with a survivor you just met. Give it a few hours until one of you guys have to log off and bam separate ways. Long term only comes from IRL friend/Clan gaming. Are you seriously going to log off together with someone you just met, and limit your playing to only when you're both on?

Tried and true, STEALING is always easier than SHARING. There are many strategies that have been employed in human interaction between the ages, but my history professor told us of one that is prevalent among all: Rape, Pillage, and Burn. Making the game more difficult will make this much more immersive and I like that, but reducing the amount of PvP would be insignificant. Still support, for most of the changes.

As I mentioned somewhere else, you can fully equip yourself in less than 30 minutes after respawn to fully survive in game, and 50 minutes to start a regular war with high class military equipment.

Wouldn't know. Never got better than an Enfield and a ALICE before I got shot.

Registered to suggest guns aggro way more zombies, glad it's been suggested. They could stick that in the next patch to test it.

Edited by BeachGaara

I already *have* my group, and I will axe you in the head all the same.

This thread is just another waste of space.

Though I do want to see zombie hordes with slightly different aggro mechanics (not that it would foster cooperation). When you get into a gun fight, hordes could slowly move to investigate that noise, even if they're not within all out frenzy aggro range. So a gunfight is essentially a ticking time bomb until eventually you'll have 50+ zombies on your ass.

Best idea in the thread so far imo. Would discourage prolonged pvp in towns/airfields or camping in vantage points over towns for long periods of time, as well as add some spice to pvp in previously safe locations. Could potentially turn locations into deathtraps.

I think this mechanic should only apply to the 'louder' weapons, so everything bar most pistols/silenced weapons/crowbar/axe.

In addition to this, I think having zombies spawn out of thin air when you fire a loud gun needs to go. Firing a loud gun should definitely attract already-spawned nearby zombies, but having it swarm you with 20+ frenzied zombies in a field that quite clearly did not contain 20 zombies (or you wouldn't have shot your gun in the first place) is a very counterintuitive and punishing mechanic.

These two changes would be a good direction, I think.

Edited by Lambdadelta

In a apocalyptic world, trust me, you WOULD/WILL try to be together with somebody that you just met if you are alone, thats human nature, humans cant keep sanity without collapsing if there isnt anyone besides him.

We will keep together in a apocalyptic world, and you know that, "In Real Life" (people love to mention it here) you would be so desperate for help that you wouldnt even see if they have a friendly aspect, you would just stick with somebody. Of course that you would be "a step backwards" than him, but man, its another human being that somehow survived, and it might be the only one that is alive.

No. In an apocalyptic world, the first thing most of us would do is to go to our friends and family. These you already trust, and have a well established rapport with. You're aware of their strengths and weaknesses. This what I do in Dayz. I play with friends, who I know won't shoot me in the back for a can of beans (they might shoot me in the leg for a good laugh though grumble).

You may be right if you were alone, and had been for a while that I would band up with a stranger, but this is not the case nor should that scenario be the only one to judge this mod/game by. There are people who play solo, duo, trio and so on. Our group rarely ever lose anyone to simple banditry, simply because of the strength in numbers. It is already implemented, a lone survivor who spots five people is much less likely to engage them, than when he sees a loner.

I just want to add (although it might have been brought up earlier) that I think the biggest reason there's so little incentive to team up is the fact that people can just log off at any moment and have their character poof out of the world and potentially never come back. I'm not talking about alt+f4, but the fact that characters disappear when a player ends his playsession. This lack of persistence and permanency of the social environment leads to not bothering to ask anyone for help. Empathy aside, why care what happens to a player you meet if he will only be around for a couple of hours, if even that?

In a similar RL situation, meeting another person like this would force you to choose between two things: Kill and suffer the psychological consequences as well as the loss of a potential asset, or let him/her live and enjoy the advantages it offers (extra overwatch, unique specializations and knowledge, extra pair of hands, diversity of thinking, social stimulation, etc) while accepting the gamble hoping the person is mentally sane, loyal and useful to you.

Let's face it, there are many ways in which teamwork is largely superior to soloing even with the limited tools we have right now in the game, but why would anyone risk their lives to make contact and team up with a stranger when the benefits may only last for a couple of minutes, or if lucky, a couple of hours (if very lucky, you make a new friend to stay in contact with in the future, but the odds for this aren't in your favour) and after that, any items you spent or gave to that person disappears with him/her and you have exposed yourself, compromising your personal integrity/security. Shooting the person while he/she is unaware is relatively free of risk and you gain all their possessions, so in those few seconds you have gained more than you would have after a few hours of team-work and you have avoided the risk of betrayal or hostility.

Maybe it could be helped (later on in development, in standalone) by having a huge playable world, lock character to a server (preferably with some more reliable servers) and have them remain in the world even when offline. So when a player logs out, the character goes to sleep, effectively exposing itself to all other players. This way, camps would then play a huge role, and when you meet another person, that person would then always be available for you to hang around and keep an eye on, for good or bad. It would mean nobody could just escape without actually hiding from someone, and it would mean that everyone would be more thoughtful and respectful towards other players that they team up with; cause if they do something stupid, they must either actually GTFO or suffer significant consequences. No more griefing before a log out. Items shared between groups would stay shared within the group no matter who is playing at any given moment.

Granted, the risk of letting a stranger hang around you when you 'sleep' is significant, but isn't that how it works in real life?

What? Doesn't it light up a bulb in your brain that this will make people want to kill you MORE now that you have these precious beans? I think beans should be less scarce!! Have you been to your neighbors house, or even to your own refrigerator? Its filled with food!!!

~silent

Also, yeah we probably wouldnt shoot eachother if there was a zombie apocalypse in real life, but lets face the fact that this is the internet, and on the internet everyone is a dick and tries to act cool.

Edited by D3AD_S1L3NT

You cannot prevent deathmatching ..that easy. The only way to do this , is to enable pvp or pve mode on servers/or by the player itself (flagging).

Edited by Wiesn69

I think we can all agree that there is simply too much murder right now. There's no incentive not to kill. We've tried bandit skins, getting rid of global chat...All of these are very gamey solutions. And none of them have worked.

Here's what I'm proposing, Rocket and team. Rather than come up with some mechanic to help out one side or the other, or do some kind of balancing act...Do something different. The reason we don't work together is because we can survive alone. The reason we shoot on sight is because we have nothing to gain from teaming up.

So let's set the world on fire. Let's watch it burn. Let us feel fear; That same fear we all felt when our boots first landed on the shores of Chernarus.

Let's Make DayZ a Living Nightmare.

-----------

You already start with next to nothing. Good. That sets the table. Canned Food is scarce. Canteens are as precious as gold.Weapons are a luxury, and ammo doesn't last long. Finding the tools you need to start a fire and cook a meal? Good luck. And if you don't find food or water, both of which are incredibly scarce? Enjoy dehydration, or starvation. You won't just die from some ticking blood bar. Your vision will blur, you'll be tortured by the sounds of your stomach aching for food. You'll barely be able to keep crawling forward. You'll pass out from exhaustion, and die curled up on the ground, without so much as a whimper.

The Zeds are more numerous. They prowl the streets of cities in packs, and must be avoided if you hope to survive. The Zombies have begun to migrate to forests, and herds of them roam the countryside. Nowhere is safe from the infected, and their numbers continue to grow. Areas that have been densely populated with infected for a long period of time are now more difficult to breathe in. Death stinks the air, and if you spend too much time there, you might get sick. You'll cough if you don't have a surgical mask, or at least a scarf to wrap around your nose and mouth.

And what of your injuries? That scratch could get infected if left untreated. You'll need sterilization materials, such as rubbing alcohol or peroxide. That last bout with the Infected didn't break your leg, but you sure as hell can't run on it. Maybe you got lucky and it hit your arm instead. Can't use your primary with only one good arm. Morphine isn't going to heal those broken bones of yours...Only give you the ability to walk on it for a period of time. And if you keep using Morphine? Well, you'll become addicted. Then you'll need it if you don't want the shakes, hallucinations, and sickness.

The environment is unforgiving and harsh. The coast is plagued with deep fogs, and ripping coastal winds that chill you to the bone. If you manage to make it off the coast, beware the sun. Running too long in the sun can cause heat stroke and exhaustion. If you take refuge in the mountains, be prepared for a drop in temperature, and cold wet nights. Further north, expect cloudy skies and torrential rain which chills you if left unchecked.

You're only one human being against a world that is designed to kill you. So how do you survive?

You MUST cooperate.

Maybe that scarce can of beans, or that canteen of water, can satiate 2 people rather than one. Maybe a pair of eyes covering your six increases your chances of survival when scavenging in an infested city. Maybe when you can't walk on your leg, a friend could take you on their shoulder so you can walk again. Maybe someone could set and splint that broken leg of yours. Maybe someone can bring that fever down by tending to you while you're sick and unable to take care of yourself. Maybe being within close proximity to others makes you share body heat when the temperature drops. Maybe that other person has the matches, and you've got the hatchet.

Maybe, when the world is a living hell...Other people are your only hope to survive.

It's just a thought...But I think it's the only way to keep DayZ from becoming Deathmatch + Zombies.

P.S. Might I remind everyone that this is ALPHA, and this is exactly the time when we should be trying insane, crazy stuff like this. You don't get that chance when a game is released, or even in Beta stage. We should be doing this NOW, just to see how it works.

Edit: Perfect description as to why bandits should love these changes...Written by a bandit:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A mod has requested I form a list of proposed features so this can be moved to the suggestion forum:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=====================

=====================

- High-End Military-Grade Loot increased rarity. This should only be for the very dedicated/lucky. ONLY spawns in Military Areas.

- CZ550 replaces most Sniper Rifle spawns.

- AKM and AK-74 more likely rifle spawns than M4.

- Deer Stands no longer spawn military weapons, only ammo.

- Small chance of AKM/AK-74 to spawn in Residential areas.

- All Basic Survival Consumables spawn less often (Food, Canteens, Soda, Etc.)

- All Basic Survival Consumables can now be shared between two players for full effect.

- Hunger goes down slower, but leads to Starvation when blinking. Starvation causes quicker loss of stamina, growling sound, and eventually the shakes, inability to run, passing out, and death.

- Thirst remains at the same rate, but leads to Dehydration when blinking. Dehydration causes loss of speed, blurred vision, and eventually the inability to sprint coupled with passing out. Hallucinations as a warning before death.

- Zed count increased.

- Zeds can hear gunshots from further away. However, rather than immediately locking on, they will simply investigate the noise if the player is out of their line of sight.

- If many zed are in an area, they form a pack and begin roaming further than their default AI patrol path. These have the ability to leave cities.

- Packs are more common in cities.

- Zeds spawn more in the outskirts of cities ("Wandering").

- Chance of zeds spawning in the wilderness. Chance of zed packs spawning in the wilderness as well.

- Areas where Zed have been present for long periods of time (Parts of cities) have a chance to begin to become hazardous. Players must either find Scarves or Surgical Masks to help prevent infection from these areas. They will cough loudly if they do not have either of these items.

- It's a no-brainer that other players are more helpful around more Zed.

- Injury system expanded. Players can now get scratches from infected that can cause sickness if left untreated.

- Scratches varry in intensity from a minor fleshwound (Requires bandage, does not bleed) to huge gashes (Loss of limb function, bleeds and requires bandage).

- Players can wash their wounds with water, or cleanse them with rubbing alcohol or peroxide (Both of which can be found in Residential loot). Peroxide or Alcohol completely cleans wound, where water still has a chance of infection.

- Serious gashes can cause a limb to lose function until the wound heals. Limping on a leg, or unable to use a primary weapon due to an injured arm are possible scenarios.

- The only way to break bones will be severe Zed injury (Multiple Zeds Multiple Times), or falling.

- Broken bones cannot be mended without a splint. Splints are wood and bandages.

- You can set the bones yourself, but you risk permanent damage to the limb (Decreased speed for legs, Less accuracy for arms). Another player can set your broken bones with no risk of permanent injury.

- You can set the bones without Morphine, but you risk passing out for a long time from the pain instead (The bone is not set properly). Painkillers will allow you to set a bone, but with blurred vision for a time, and a loud cry is let out.

- Once a splint is in place, the limb must mend for a full day of game time. You can limp on a leg, and can only use a primary for an arm. If Painkillers are taken, you can limp faster.

- If you take 2 doses of Morphine, you can limp on a broken leg. Continued use will enable you to keep limping, but you run the risk of overdose.

- Another player can help you walk, "Fireman" style. Using this, you can limp considerably faster on injured, broken, or splinted legs. You can both use secondary weapons during this.

- Antibiotic spawns increased, still only in hospitals.

- Infections come in different varieties: Cold, Flu, and Injury Infections.

- Cold contracted from low body temperature. Causes coughing, decrease in stamina, possible fever if conditions do not improve. The body will recover, slowly, if given enough rest.

- Flu can only be contracted in hazardous areas. It causes vomiting, leading to the shakes and dehydration. It has a high chance of fever, and can lead to death if fluids and food are not maintained.

- Injury Infections are the result of untreated wounds. These lead to shaking, loss of limb function, 100% chance of fever, and eventually death. The only cure for this is antibiotics.

- Fever causes loss of ability to jog/run/sprint, shakes, dehydration, passing out, and if disease is not cured, death.

- The healing process can be accelerated by other players. They can tend to your fever with a damp cloth, provide you with body heat if you have a cold, and keep you fed/hydrated when you're passed out. (They can also go out and get medicine!)

- While not diseases, Overheating and Heat Stroke are introduced. Overheating occurs while running in the sun for too long. This causes accelerated thirst consumption, and slightly blurred vision. Taking a break, then running in the shade will prevent this.

- If the player continues to run for too long without brief breaks (We're talking 10 seconds every 10 minutes kind of thing, no big deal), they will exhaust themselves, leaving themselves open to Heat Stroke if it's daytime (Excluding Sunrise and Sunset). They could potentially pass out for a VERY long time due to Heat Stroke if they do not take breaks.

- Players can walk during the day to receive no negative effects. This means players without water can still travel in the heat of the day without having to worry about Heat Stroke.

- Different regions and time of day in those regions now have different effects within the environment.

- The coast has deep fog in the morning and at night. During the day, whipping winds cause wind chill to those out in the open.

- Open plains during the heat of the day are very hot can cause exhaustion in players much quicker.

- Mountains are damp and misty in the mornings, causing temperature to drop.

- Forested areas are more prone to rain. This is even more so on forested mountains.

- Rain does not chill the player immediately, but if the player does not find heat or shelter soon, they will become soaked and their body temperature will drop, causing mild shivering. This takes longer during the day.

- Heavy Rain will accelerate the chilling process, and also make players unable to build fires in the open. They must find shelter or a dense forest to light a fire in. Heavy Rain will also give a light fog to the area, making it harder to see. Heavy Rain is more common in forests and forested mountains.

- Night will accelerate temperature-dropping effects.

- Being near another player will cause you to "share body heat". This will decelerate the temperature drop greatly.

- Two players can contribute to a fire pit, causing a bigger and hotter fire.

=====================

=====================

I FULLY realize that many if not most of these features will simply not be possible as DayZ is a MOD. However, my hope is that systems like these will be considered once DayZ becomes a stand-alone game...Which I have full confidence that it will.

(That was quite a lot of writing...Whoo...)

This has brought a tear to my eye...fucking beautiful man....fucking beautiful :')
  • Like 1

I thought more about it, It would be wonderful to kill because I need items to survive. Rather now where I have to shoot so I'm also not shot at.

You know what, just add some special infected ala Left4Dead.

I think it would change to feel of DayZ, maybe some variation in zombie but no really special ones, no real mutation would cause bio-combustion, medically anyway.

Edit: Just wake up and posted randomly, this sounds off.

Edited by Xist3nce

With more injuries, more supplies need to be added. For me, im always cramming my backpack with med supplies as it is.. MORE items will be unmanagable to carry. Thus leading to teamplay but you mention these things as if dayz is life.. People dont play this all day, what about the casual gamer who plays 1-2 hrs a day, 3 times a week? How would this person find enjoyment in HellZ :/ (this isnt me) but making dayz teamplay only makes it hard for the casual gamer for sure. Again, this isnt necessarily a bad thing but atleast food for thought. Maybe more bag space? (ik we already have so much

With more injuries, more supplies need to be added. For me, im always cramming my backpack with med supplies as it is.. MORE items will be unmanagable to carry. Thus leading to teamplay but you mention these things as if dayz is life.. People dont play this all day, what about the casual gamer who plays 1-2 hrs a day, 3 times a week? How would this person find enjoyment in HellZ :/ (this isnt me) but making dayz teamplay only makes it hard for the casual gamer for sure. Again, this isnt necessarily a bad thing but atleast food for thought. Maybe more bag space? (ik we already have so much

My Major Issue with this comment is the fact that DayZ isn't a mod for casual gamers, you have to put in some work and time to get everything, even in this moment in time, some players can run up and grab some mid level guns quickly, but lose them in just the same time. DayZ being a simulator as it is, is meant to be as engaging as possible, casual gamers are playing to get through an hour or 2 out of a day without being bored, more hardcore players play to feel the experience of surviving, bettering your fellow man, being the best at what you do. "HellZ" As you described it, would make being great at this mod, much harder to do alone, and therefore more fun for those who enjoy a challenge, Such as I am.

Tried and true, STEALING is always easier than SHARING.

Bullshit, like vikings for example. They steal and pillage some people, but also trade on long distances from Byzantium and to Persia even. In game there is no profit in being good. Its safer and easy income, and people have safe in ass, because they reborn easy again and get they weapon in 5 minutes and again start shooting rookies. You all think that apocaliptic world is only groups of bandits riding? In groups are power, than smaller groups join in bigger one, and bigger and re-establish new civilization.

Edited by Dalegor Dobrutro