Sign in to follow this  
SamualACarver

How many hits from a zombie to kill you?

This has happened 2x now. I get hit with a zombie twice and die. The second time just now I had spent probably 5hrs over a 2 day period going from the far east coast to the big airfield. My first time going to the airfield to get some good gear. I had been in total stealth mode the whole time. When I would get to the edge of a town I would scope the whole town out and then move through the town crouched and looking around every corner moving from cover to cover ect. Totally being careful. I did that all the way from the coast even in the woods and fields. I finally get to the airfield scoped it out real good no other Players were around. I go into the 1st hanger and a zombie comes running at me. I swing with the axe and miss. I think the zombie hit me but I wasnt bleeding or anything. We turn and face each other I swing the axe I guess he zombie hit me cause I died that fast I dont even know for sure what happened. I was totally full health Energized was bright green, the green healthy bar was bright I was max health but I died that fast. I cant figure out what happened. Was it a glitch? Is there something happening I dont know about? I have had zombies hit me multiple times maybe as many as 10 but not die. I am sure no other Players were around I really scoped everything out before I moved into the hanger. If a Player did shoot me or something would I hear the gun shot? I'm not sure what happened. I'm frustrated though that I spent all that time being extra careful and then die for seems like no reason. Anyone have any ideas what happend?

Having that happen made me think it would be nice to get a message after you die that says how you died. Like "You were shot by another Player." Or "You were killed by a zombie." Something so you can know how you died.

What would be best would be if you could see a replay of like the last 20-30 secs like some other games have.

Anyway I am totally new to Dayz I think it is great but very frustrating at times. Any tips or advance anyone can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks.

i been crouched before and been 1 hit killed buy a zombie ....only advice i can  give is more you play dayz you will gradually shrug off the ways you die ...because they get more and more ridiculously outrageous and unbelievable or unlucky however you choose to look at it 

How many hits from a zombie to kill you?

1 - 999

Damage seems to be different every time, sometimes 1hko from full health full pristine gear, sometimes entire inventory gets ruined but you don't even bleed, sometimes they hit you 20 times and just barely make you bleed with no other damage done.

It helps to consider them all 1 hit kill noclip ghosting wallhack zombies and call it lucky if you get hit once without dying. They're easy to deal with if you know they're there.. just sometimes hard to know they're there when they run up silently because your sound card is too swamped playing ambient glitch sounds to deal with playing the audio cue of a real threat. Mix that with seeing anything in the direction they're facing regardless of LoS and moving in a straight line while you have to dodge buildings and fences to get away..

Just gotta get good at looking over your shoulder and dodging their potentially 1hko attacks.

It'd be nice if they debuffed the zombies, just temporarily while they are ridiculously broken, but nobodys listening :) Irrelevant anyway, because they should be fixed come next patch anyway, which is as soon as one could hope for them to be fixed.

This has happened 2x now. I get hit with a zombie twice and die. The second time just now I had spent probably 5hrs over a 2 day period going from the far east coast to the big airfield. My first time going to the airfield to get some good gear. I had been in total stealth mode the whole time. When I would get to the edge of a town I would scope the whole town out and then move through the town crouched and looking around every corner moving from cover to cover ect. Totally being careful. I did that all the way from the coast even in the woods and fields. I finally get to the airfield scoped it out real good no other Players were around. I go into the 1st hanger and a zombie comes running at me. I swing with the axe and miss. I think the zombie hit me but I wasnt bleeding or anything. We turn and face each other I swing the axe I guess he zombie hit me cause I died that fast I dont even know for sure what happened. I was totally full health Energized was bright green, the green healthy bar was bright I was max health but I died that fast. I cant figure out what happened. Was it a glitch? Is there something happening I dont know about? I have had zombies hit me multiple times maybe as many as 10 but not die. I am sure no other Players were around I really scoped everything out before I moved into the hanger. If a Player did shoot me or something would I hear the gun shot? I'm not sure what happened. I'm frustrated though that I spent all that time being extra careful and then die for seems like no reason. Anyone have any ideas what happend?

Having that happen made me think it would be nice to get a message after you die that says how you died. Like "You were shot by another Player." Or "You were killed by a zombie." Something so you can know how you died.

What would be best would be if you could see a replay of like the last 20-30 secs like some other games have.

Anyway I am totally new to Dayz I think it is great but very frustrating at times. Any tips or advance anyone can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Had it happen a few times, all 3 times my headgear (usually motobike) is ruined

if you were crouched when the zombie "hit" you, and I use the term loosely here, they can 1 hit kill you.  

If you have one running up on you and you are in the middle of doing something, turn your back to them and let them hit you backpack.. you will live through it.

I believe they mentioned a while ago that when crouched, zombie attacks will mostly (if not always) result in head hits. Simply put, *don't* crouch anywhere near zombies. When engaging zombies *never* stop moving or move in a straight line even if the Zed doesn't look like it's attacking in your direction or has lagged out. (I.e. running away or rubber-banding) They can snap back at a different position than your client knows and you will be on the receiving end of ghost hits.

It helps to consider them all 1 hit kill noclip ghosting wallhack zombies and call it lucky if you get hit once without dying.

When you put it that way, they actually sound a bit scary.

Bro, there is a chance that a zed can take you down with one hit, has happened to me twice already

If you have one running up on you and you are in the middle of doing something, turn your back to them and let them hit you backpack.. you will live through it.

Wrong, I have been one hitted that way by a zed.  I was fully geared too, heard the growl, saw the leaping shadow and then black You Are Dead screenie.  What a pisser. 

They can even hit you after you kill them, happened to me today. 

Thanks everyone for the replies. It helps a lot to understand the game hearing from other people experience. I didnt know about crouching and the one hit kills from Zeds I didnt know if that was a glitch or what. A few times I have died and couldnt understand why.