Sign in to follow this  
Acher0n

Zombie attack! (Oh, and blurred vision?)

So, i logged in, and i was last in Elektro, near the Police station. Did a bit of looting and got some decent stuff.

As I'm exiting the Police station, it was like dawn of the ****ing dead.

I got attacked by 5 zombies at once, and they kept coming. I've never seen this many before, and they kept getting really accurate hits on me. I then went to the fire station, which is about 1 minute from the Police station and I heard them all below me again. Same thing as before.

12 bandages, 22 shotgun shells, 2 mosin rounds and a crap load of rage and axe swings later, i finally got to a house on a hill after killing 20 zombies, within about 600m radius.

Im not sure if this was a server option, or a gameplay change since the patch, but i've never seen them attack so much before.

A player with no firearms would have been killed easily. Also, shotguns are terrible. 2 hits at point blank to kill? Get out.

On the plus side, i got a mosin scope and a police hat (I can finally try and get to an airbase and revenge snipe the scrubby bandits who hide within) :ph34r:

On another note, i've watched gameplay videos, and nobody else seems to suffer blur, around the edges of the weapon when aiming. When using iron sights, i can basically see the thing straight down the barrell, and everything else is a horrible blur. It makes seeing things out of your peripherial vision, impossible. It's not injury blur, as im healthy, hydrated, not injured etc. Is this some sort of gameplay or graphic option?

Edited by Acher0n

I've triggered endles zombie spawn somehow like that in Zelonogorks.

On another note, i've watched gameplay videos, and nobody else seems to suffer blur, around the edges of the weapon when aiming. When using iron sights, i can basically see the thing straight down the barrell, and everything else is a horrible blur. It makes seeing things out of your peripherial vision, impossible. It's not injury blur, as im healthy, hydrated, not injured etc. Is this some sort of gameplay or graphic option?

Do you have Post-Processing on?

A player with no firearms would have been killed easily. Also, shotguns are terrible. 2 hits at point blank to kill?

A player with a tiny bit of expirience and an axe, pickaxe or hoe would easely have taken down all those zombies at once. Zombies after the latest patch are just too easy to kill...

BTW did you play on an empty server? On a full server I can run forever without seing one damn zombie. I wish I was as lucky as you :P

• Like 1

A player with a tiny bit of expirience and an axe, pickaxe or hoe would easely have taken down all those zombies at once. Zombies after the latest patch are just too easy to kill...

BTW did you play on an empty server? On a full server I can run forever without seing one damn zombie. I wish I was as lucky as you :P

Basically you can kill whole zombie apocalypse with an axe.

Zombies need to have bigger range then player with axe, maybe 5 meters, so fighting them in melee you will awlays risk bleeds and damage.

Zombies need to have bigger range then player with axe, maybe 5 meters, so fighting them in melee you will awlays risk bleeds and damage.

What do you mean by bigger range? They can already hit you from 5 meters and I don't think they even should be able to do that........ I think when we can get sick of getting hit by zombies and also when we get more zombies they will be a bigger threat(maybe that happens in 2 years from now)...

But I agree that they should make us bleed and break our legs more often and also maybe take a few more hits before they go down.

It had about 10 people on it.

Do you have Post-Processing on?

Im unsure, is it best on or off?

For performence and pvp off.

For immersion and roleplay on.

It had about 10 people on it.

Yeah, that explains their numbers, low pop servers often has more zombies, just work on your tecnique with meele and they will not be a threat. Circle around them so they cant hit you while you swing your axe or whatever meele you have...

Use the low or very low setting, the more Post processing you use the more blurry it gets

Sounds like the zombies have finally returned to Dayz!!! A YEA! This may make me try it out again. How was their pathfinding? i suppose they was fine? or you'd just dodge em while they had no idea how to get up the stairs.

A player with no firearms would have been killed easily. Also, shotguns are terrible. 2 hits at point blank to kill? Get out.

Actually it is the other way around. A player with no firearm would not attract that many zombies.

And shotguns are currently bugged, they only fire one pellet, so throwing rotten bananas is currently more effective as a weapon than that gun.

Actually it is the other way around. A player with no firearm would not attract that many zombies.

And shotguns are currently bugged, they only fire one pellet, so throwing rotten bananas is currently more effective as a weapon than that gun.

someone actually shot me in the face point blank with a sawn off and i lived to tell the tale... they are pretty darn broken

Sounds like the zombies have finally returned to Dayz!!! A YEA! This may make me try it out again. How was their pathfinding? i suppose they was fine? or you'd just dodge em while they had no idea how to get up the stairs.

They're still the same, but it was hard when there was 4 of them as they would crash into each other and their paths would overlap. Their reach was still quite far, one of them managed to glitch up some stairs but only half their body was visible.

-snip-

Could be depth of field?

I've noticed multiple times that when your FOV crosses the plane of something like a tree or grass sprite, even though you're looking 'through' the gaps in the grass or tree your view is still intersecting the plane of the image.  This draws your focus onto the sprite image and not the objects in the background, causing them to blur.  Happens to me mostly when lying down looking down hills or when stalking through trees.  Can be quite upsetting.  Even happens very occasionally when i snag what i think to be an extruding wall asset that is not textured in that area or the edge of solid cover.

^ above occurs for me in a chronic manner - it comes and goes as the plane of the image moves due to wind etc, or as my aim/breath changes the position of my fov.

if you've got something a little more continuous and on-going it may be login blur, or injury/shock that's hung on since whatever encounter brought it on.

if it's this kind of issue, try going to ESC(ape)>Configuration>Video.

as soon as you press 'video' (don't need to change anything just access vid options), the blur should be banished from your view until next encounter. 

For me this works for: shock from bullet misses; shock from bullets sustained; shock from zombies; shock from falling/injury; login blur.

i think teh post processing dpeth of field blur isnt working properly, so i have set it to lowest setting, but not off, for now, i want to have it high but it wont focus in on where you aim, with scoped/sighted weapons at least, and the in focus area is too small sometimes,  hope it will get fixed. actually i havent checked it since update i will do that now, but i expect its still the same

Hi, my guy's name is the same as on here. Apparently since I'm new to the game and hit the wrong button he drank sanitizer which then caused him to get sick. Now I have blurred vision where I can't see a darn thing. I am still in chern. Does anyone know the best way to heal after doing this?

If you drink Disinfectant or alcohol tincture, you will die. There is no cure so far (unless the charcoal tablets work, but I doubt it.) Sorry, man :-/

You think this is bad...

On DayZero if you kill a zombie it'll respawn within 5 seconds and immediately aggro. Yeah thats fun.