crazykage

soooo. Ashwood bow....

I never find bow & crossbow arrows sooner then Mosin/Blaze/SKS, hence it is hard to force myself to use em.

And I would love to use bow or crossbow, so I hope arrows are gonna be craftable soon.

edit: when I think about it I wonder, what is the real DayZ as Rocket wants it. I'm starting to think it will be a LOT different then mod and that many folks might not like it. Still private hives and modding community will provide alternative.

Edited by Hombre
  • Like 1

It is kind of funny, the people who take long-term survival seriously, not the "survivalists" we hear about on TV and hear horror stories about with militias and all that, actually focus rather little on modern firearms and the stocking up of modern ammuntion.

Most of the people I've talked to over the Interwebz are more involved with "archaic" firearms, like flintlock and caplock muskets and rifles, and primitive weapons like spears, bows, and javelins. They are more sustainable in the long run, and only really require a blacksmith shop to make, something that (along with the related skills) would make you an INDISPENSABLE member of post-TSC society.

Our overall level of development might recede to that point, but not everywhere will recede equally. Some people will have the knowledge of older things to keep them running for quite a long time, and maintaining something old can be done without constant access to newer parts. Sure, we might not be producing AKMs anymore, but if some sort of global disease wiped most of us out tomorrow, you'd probably still see people using them 100 years from now.

The best way to prepare (although I don't honestly think some sort of global catastrophe is really imminent) would be to create a method of both short-term and long-term survival. I'd make sure I was in an area that can be used for long-term cultivation and hunting, but also had access to plenty of things I would be able to use early on. Keep a supply of food, medicine, water, and weapons while making a plan for the long-term.

You're putting yourself at a disadvantage if you start using an improvised bow right from the beginning, because you're probably not the only one who's survived.

That, and the further in the future you get, the harder it becomes to plan for. You're better off having what you need right off the bat and coming up with what you have later rather than preparing for the long-term and forgetting what you need to do right now.

There is an ashwood tree that you can harvest ashwood sticks from. You no longer have to be super lucky to acquire an ashwood stick. Hope this helps!

Ashwood Tree:

http://youtu.be/5dpUQLLSYHw?t=4m20s

See I was on the look out for something that actually looks like an ash tree... Now I know where I am going wrong...

Thanks, now where is that place.

I see them regularly on the Edge of fields . Looks like an olive tree to me.

It tells you exactly in the video where it is.

Go back 0:08 in the vid to here:

http://youtu.be/5dpUQLLSYHw?t=4m12s

See those numbers: 086 021?

When you click on any area on the site below:

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus

You will see coordinates on the bottom of your screen.

What makes that site really cool is you can punch coordinates into the url like I did in the below link:

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#5.086.021

And it'll bring you exactly where you need to go.

Above the northern road that's north of Gvozdno is a tan patch on the map…that is the Excavation Site.

Edited by Weyland Yutani
  • Like 1

There is also about 5 or so of those trees out a little west of Elektro. You should see them just north of the road if you are running out of elektro towards Cherno.

1e37416b0f.jpg

Edited by Maia
  • Like 1

Yes a weight based movement speed would be good.

I am also tired of players sprinting at 15 mph forever.

one of the devs said, that you are at a speed of about 30mph :D

oh, and he said that they would reduce it at the point when the first vehicles get in, and that they just wanted to be nice to the community

oh, and he said that they would reduce it at the point when the first vehicles get in, and that they just wanted to be nice to the community

Km/h, Sorry but it's big deal (i think) also USA why yu no use metric system? too mainstream?

• Like 1

Being nice to the community will bite them in the ass.

People will get used to sanic speed like they used to spawn near military zone like Balota.

Remember when they removed spawn near Balota, there was so many cries that they added spawn points near NEAF instead.

• Like 1

one of the devs said, that you are at a speed of about 30mph  :D

Torchia said 30/kmh which is 18.64/mph.

Edited by Weyland Yutani

Km/h, Sorry but it's big deal (i think) also USA why yu no use metric system? too mainstream?

The Right Wing thinks that if we switch to metric the next step will be universal healthcare then college education for all citizens then collapse of our finely structured economic imbalance. In other words, Armageddon!!!!

• Like 1

There is also about 5 or so of those trees out a little west of Elektro. You should see them just north of the road if you are running out of elektro towards Cherno.

Just go all the way north, there's "hundreds" of them.