• tents
    • the new textures
    • teddy bears as containers
    • gorka mil. upper body part
    • new rabbit
    • mackerels
    • rabbit snares
    • ehhh *shrug*

Out of two years of playing, I never saw anyone come even remotely close to "blind firing" an M107. Ever.

Well, I can tell you, some people use these kind of weapons as CQB war machines. I once engaged a guy in a house who had an AS50, dumping mags after mags while I was shooting him with my M14... Needless to say I killed the guy.

You're wrong all around. It is a semi automatic anti-materiel rifle, a magazine contains 10 rounds, and that won't ever be available in the standalone. Sorry if I'm ruining your dreams, but in a realistic zombie apocalypse game, M107's are not around the corner at every gunstore.

Where did I say they should be available everywhere?

Very broad assumption.

In my opinion, bullets should be like gold and guns should be a bit more common then those rounds.

I want a hardcore experience where everyone scrounges for ammo and makes sure every shot counts.

I'm just stating that Barrets wouldn't wreck the game. We're playing with, well, slightly realistic ballistics which mean most bullets hurt, some a bit more then others.

Yup, thread fully derailed.

Thanks BayZ.

The thread has been derailed, that's for sure.

On topic-

That Submachine gun is very ugly. Where's my pretty uzi?

IMHO the Gorka top looks neat, can't wait till they implement DIY ghillie suits. I hope they put in the same system as Arma 3, where you can wear only the top suit with the hoodie, or the full-on wookie-style ghillie suit.

Y'all guys seem to forget that these are just WIP files found in the experimental patch. This doesn't mean they will be implemented on the Monday Experimental patch. BTW OP, can you edit the poll to have a "Ehhh *Shrugs*" option? :D

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
  • Like 1

That all cool and stuff but...

Where is info on working bayonets?

Or fixing x-ray vision and wallglitches?

Fixing zombies?

Player stamina and weight?

Not to further contribute to the wholesale derailing of this thread, as part of me thinks you've all been fully trolled by a new poster, there's nothing "unrealistic" about a Barrett. They exist in reality, and can certainly exist (and do, given that they were in ARMA II) in the alternate reality (i.e. fiction) of DayZ.

Anti-materiel rifles are one of those weapon categories that I could take or leave in DayZ. Wouldn't mind if they were implemented, don't mind that they're not (and probably wont be, given very early developer statements which people seem to have forgotten).

I think some of us just don't give a flying fuck about earlier statements lol.

That all cool and stuff but...

Where is info on working bayonets?

Fixing zombies?

Player stamina and weight?

These would be nice.

If (and that's a very big IF) they ever add anti-materiel rifles in the game, they surely won't add the barrett m107, it would turn the game into a shitfest. Get us a bolt action .50 cal, super fucking hard to find, with a seperate high powered scope also extremely hard to find, and some even harder to find and scarce .50 cal ammo, and then you can call it fair. I just don't wanna see people running around everywhere with m107's blindfiring them like they are AK's like in the mod. Hell no.

EDIT: I'd much rather like to see ghillie suits implemented first, with the same system as Arma 3: You can wear only the top suit, or you can wear the full wookie-style ghillie suit with the pants and the hood on your head. Would also be cool if you could build it yourself from things you can find in the woods, like leaves and branches. Would add to the realism. And if we could add camouflage to our backpacks, that would be friggin awesome.

same video iv shown before but it can be done however you need to be REALLY well versed in shooting fast as shit like that and its not something you acquire instantly from suddenly washing up on a beach.

Also still waiting for a lot of other stuff.

- Improvised Grenades

- Plate Carrier

- Watch

- Modern Compass

- NVG

- 12x Hunting Scope

- GPS

- TAC Goggles

epxMAmL.jpg

ngm14dp.jpg

I can tell you right now GPS and NVGs are probably going to more than likely be Helicopter crash drops if anything i would expect. That Optics Hunter Scope x12 looks rather awesome.

Well, this looks mildly interesting.

Especially the mackerel and the teddy bear (but is Brian truly a good Chernarussian name?)

(Also no offense Deathlove but why do you express your opinion by making five single-sentence forum posts? There is a thing called MultiQuote and it's really nice)

Y'all guys seem to forget that these are just WIP files found in the experimental patch. This doesn't mean they will be implemented on the Monday Experimental patch. BTW OP, can you edit the poll to have a "Ehhh *Shrugs*" option? :D

there you go :)

ngm14dp.jpg

Hopefully the hunting scope will fit on the hunting rifle, which is the B95 :)

With realistic sniping mechanics including wind, drop, and other cool ballistic stuff, along with an intense rarity surrounding the weapon, there would not be a problem. It would take skill to use the thing and wouldn't be practical at all due to the rarity of the caliber.

But since current DayZ had no wind and other things making harder, just bulletdrop, a semi-auto anti-material rifle, which fires rather fast and can penetrate "everything", things would get rather messy in DayZ.

(Weapons like the Mosin, B95, SKS, Longhorn and nearly all pistols would be "useless")

However, I could see this gun in DayZ, if it was balanced

there you go :)

Thx OP. <3

Hopefully the hunting scope will fit on the hunting rifle, which is the B95 :)

But since current DayZ had no wind and other things making harder, just bulletdrop, a semi-auto anti-material rifle, which fires rather fast and can penetrate "everything", things would get rather messy in DayZ.

(Weapons like the Mosin, B95, SKS, Longhorn and nearly all pistols would be "useless")

However, I could see this gun in DayZ, if it was balanced

I don't see how those weapons would be useless, if the gun was rare, the ammunition rarer, and a pain in the ass to use.

Why would you use a 50 cal with 1 bullet when you have your trusty SKS with 10 rounds loaded and 2 more on standby? There's no reason to haul around some big ass 50 cal antimaterial rifle if you only have one shot and the chances of getting more rounds are out of this world.

I don't see how those weapons would be useless, if the gun was rare, the ammunition rarer, and a pain in the ass to use.

Why would you use a 50 cal with 1 bullet when you have your trusty SKS with 10 rounds loaded and 2 more on standby? There's no reason to haul around some big ass 50 cal antimaterial rifle if you only have one shot and the chances of getting more rounds are out of this world.

I would use barret 50cal. because it will be excitement, you wont have much chance to get your enemy because ammo is rare and of course that gun has recoil like hell. But nice thing about that gun you can give massive damage to cars even blow up cars/heli/boat with one bullet. That would be nice :thumbsup:

Right now there is no survival in the game, and when they add tents it will get even worse

• Like 1

I agree, but tents are crucial to this kind of game. I doubt we would be able to store guns in tents, maybe just ammo.

Would be cool if the loot in the tent would be stored on the floor so you could peak inside and take a glance.  That and being able to walk or crouch inside the tent itself without breaking your legs like the mod.  

same video iv shown before but it can be done however you need to be REALLY well versed in shooting fast as shit like that and its not something you acquire instantly from suddenly washing up on a beach.

The ability to fire a 50 cal shouldered in a standing position is a skill by itself, much less in quick succession and hitting a target.

Something i hope to see in standalone is gun familiarity. A survivor who has survived for x numbers of days using a specified gun gets less sway for that gun(by gun i mean all attachments included, so if a survivor was using a magpul m4, he will lose said perk when he picks up a stock m4) not so much of a perk as to give a huge advantage from someone just off the coast, but enough of an incentive to stay alive and stick to one gun. I hate seeing m4 guys running around with mosins on their backs

The ability to fire a 50 cal shouldered in a standing position is a skill by itself, much less in quick succession and hitting a target.

Something i hope to see in standalone is gun familiarity. A survivor who has survived for x numbers of days using a specified gun gets less sway for that gun(by gun i mean all attachments included, so if a survivor was using a magpul m4, he will lose said perk when he picks up a stock m4) not so much of a perk as to give a huge advantage from someone just off the coast, but enough of an incentive to stay alive and stick to one gun. I hate seeing m4 guys running around with mosins on their backs

Slippery slope you tread there by doing such things.

You start going away from a zombie survival game and go into full blown rpg.

Slippery slope you tread there by doing such things.

You start going away from a zombie survival game and go into full blown rpg.

Nothing wrong with RPGs. They can still provide survival elements to them if done right you know.

Nothing wrong with RPGs. They can still provide survival elements to them if done right you know.

Yea but you cant have something be a sim and an rpg.

Once you start indirectly gaining xp and adding points to attributes dayz would lose what makes it dayz.

• Like 2

Yea but you cant have something be a sim and an rpg.

Once you start indirectly gaining xp and adding points to attributes dayz would lose what makes it dayz.

Yes you can it just requires effort on the part of the development team to make things work right and enjoyable for everyone lol.