Sign in to follow this  
zeeabo

M4's are too rare in the new patch!

Right?

2014-06-21_00016resize.jpg

Man, it's just too bad I primary a sporter...

lol! Okay, okay, so I've been getting around with one of them and the 4 stanags since a week before the patch, but seriously! Miles from anywhere just chilling on my favourite hunting field just west of Lopatino, been there since 3am server restart, did a (successful) supply run into Vybor for a pickaxe to upgrade my fire, by the time I got back to my field, sun is up and there's this smoking wreck scaring away all the deer!

There were 2 M4's and an M68 RDS at the crashsite, I took the RDS as a backup for my carry rifle, and hid both the newly found M4s in a secure location away from the helicopter... just doing my little bit to keep them rare, because making them 'rare' in the patch doesn't seem to have worked lmao.

Edited by zeeabo

Nah, makes sense for them to be at crash sites, and crash sites are rare. I've never seen one atleast.

Edited by Survivor_Ted
  • Like 4

Its good that m4's are too rare. I dont want DayZ to be too militarised. More civilian weapons!

• Like 6

Nah, makes sense for them to be at crash sites, and crash sites are rare. I've never seen one atleast.

Yeah it does make sense for them to be at crash sites. And I guess the sites are rare enough, I've been logging in/out at the same location for 2 days and it's the first time I've seen this heli. (No, I didn't know there was a heli crash spawn point there and try to farm it, it's not even documented on the map (http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/199360-animal-locations/ has a map with heli site possible spawn locations, it only spawns them on 5 of the points per reset, but I only use the map for animal locations anyway).. Just pure chance that there happens to be a heli spawn literally about 400m from the shrub I log in/out at lol

Just having a laugh mate, being totally sarcastic, thought it was ironic that me of all people, non-server hopping, lone wolfing, sporter primarying, 3am darkness spawning, running around with a decked out M4 and 3 spare mags leftover from before the patch, ends up rolling in all these epique lootz. Especially now that the spawn locations are so rare it might take a new player weeks to see their first one even on someone else, finding one is basically up to chance now. Just too bad I didn't have any friends around or room to carry, I'm actually already looking for someone to palm my M4 off on cos carrying a 2nd primary and the 3 spare mags is too much effort and space for a friendly hunter. Just very helpful if things get unfriendly ;)

Glad I moved them too lol, went back realizing my home server was due to reset in 5 mins, just to grab my rock off the fire because I ruined my pickaxe getting it, but the rock was gone! So someone was in the area, would have likely seen the site.. but the guns were still in my hiding spot mwuhahaha. I'm actually a friendly as player lol, but less guns on other people means less chance to be KoS fodder.

Its good that m4's are too rare. I dont want DayZ to be too militarised. More civilian weapons!

I agree! That's why I primary a sporter and did my bit hiding these rare military guns that I couldn't carry! Did you see the pic of 3 of the so-called rarest gun in the game stacked next to each other by a lone wolf? I thought it was funny! Edited by zeeabo
  • Like 3

Hey - hive five to another Lopatino dweller ;) you must be a highly intelligent fellow like myself heheh

I wanted to say I love that they've done this.

I've been using an M4 since I started and I'm too attached to it now to swap it (I know, second rule of DayZ don't get attached to your gear; but I have...). Plus I like the challenge. 

I think spawning the US/Nato things at heli crashes only is a great touch, it makes good sense with the game lore and I love it because it's given me a new purpose in the game. I'm down to my last 29 rounds now and I've been looking for ammo all over. It's how it should be for all primary weapons I think.

Finding 3 M4s at one crash isn't too excessive I guess as the sites are very rare. I haven't found one yet and I've been looking for the past 2-3 days (lucky you who found one close to home!)

I've ran SE towards Stary and looked around all the old mod areas where crashsites would usually be found but haven't seen one yet.

I know there is a static crashed heli in the ruined village (Kumyrna isn't it called?) so that's where I'm going to next. Hopefully that will have some 5.56.....

I made it to Zub castle last night as it got dark and I logged. Fingers crossed I'll hit the jackpot this evening.

• Like 1

..//..

There were 2 M4's and an M68 RDS at the crashsite

..//..

you got there first

now run dude, there are 10 other players already seen the smoke

M4s are rare? This explains why I was shot in the back. Never seen a crash site yet. And I think I never want to have a M4 again.

I think the way they have done it now makes much more sense than before.

We now find AKM's in barracks that were left behind by the military forces of the east european country and the M4's at Blackhawk crash sites that will most probably be from UN forces trying to help during the zombie outbreak.

• Like 2

Every crashsite should have a m4 guaranteed there. Its fucking frustrating to find a rather rare crashsite (esp if you refuse to serverhop) and find nothing but CQB buttstocks and some ammo.

when i only find ammo on crashsides , later full with kid snipers around , than i need no more an m4 ^^ i have one full eqip all pristine with mp butt and 220 rounds and 2 double mags  i sale it for 2 akm drum mags

I haven't found a single magazine or box of 5.56mm since the patch. Rare is one thing, nonexistent is another. :-/

I don't think it's particularly unusual to find multiple M4 rifles in a crashed helicopter. Maybe there was a group of soldiers in there, all similarly geared (carrying the same rifle). Finding all of them in pristine condition though, considering you found them in a helicopter wreck, might be a bit of a stretch.

when i only find ammo on crashsides , later full with kid snipers around , than i need no more an m4 ^^ i have one full eqip all pristine with mp butt and 220 rounds and 2 double mags  i sale it for 2 akm drum mags

PM ill make that trade