Sign in to follow this  
yorkmorgan

NEAF in new experimental

So according to reddit, some ingenious person has managed to join a server with the new experimental patch that's due to be rolled out on monday. And guess what? It looks completely different! No hangers, no jail houses. Just an ATC tower and some of those new buildings you see around Novo. Unless this is some kind of bizarre bug it appears that the NEAF is about to become civilian! 

Personally i think its a great move. If they are serious about keeping the east coast spawns, then this seems very sensible to me. And variety is the spice of life.

Thoughts?

• Like 6

holy shit that would be amazing.

no seriously, i actually like it.

wow. im speechless :D

edit: wohoooo 200. post !

Edited by rotteck

That'd be great! :D We need screenshots of this!

What kind of buildings around novo do you speak of? I hope we also see an increase in the maximum number of players per server if they want more movement around the map. 40 players across hundreds of kilometers is not enough.

Totally excited about a civilian airport at NEAF all the same.

yea, can somebody post any screenshots ? PLEASE ?!!! :D

oh, and maybe that will reduce the gigantic hacker-wallglitcher-koser clusterfuck that was going on there, which everyone was talking about but that never happened to me :)

Edited by rotteck

This is what my friend was seeing on regular server!! I was thinking he is going nuts by not seeing buildings in front of us, then he send me a screenshot. Only ATC on airfield a litle pond in front and me in the air.

So is this a bug or is it new exp?

2014-06-20_00013_zpsb9b1d7e1.jpg

This is what my friend was seeing on regular server!! I was thinking he is going nuts by not seeing buildings in front of us, then he send me a screenshot. Only ATC on airfield a litle pond in front and me in the air.

So is this a bug or is it new exp?

2014-06-20_00013_zpsb9b1d7e1.jpg

wtf ? thats kinda weird...

Honestly, the neaf is by far my favourite place for a bit of pvp. I hope this is just a bug and part related to them fixing the wall glitching.

I hope this is legit. It will keep all those fuckers from killing each other.

It seems people using experimental can connect to stable servers :3 Weird.. I've been told there was an exp update earlier? I don't know though.

wtf ? thats kinda weird...

From my pov i was standing at the brick building, next to industrial hanger which is just litle south of airfield. He also saw me in air everytime i was moving, if I stud still for couple seconds he saw me on ground again. On the picture there should be another person in air, parachuting. That's what he saw. :D

I saw him prone all the time but moving fast, he was normally sprinting on his screen. Looked like he is surfing the ground.

Oh and another thing, he couldn't fill up his canteen at the well.

2014-06-20_00010_zps573dda0c.jpg

Edited by FriendlyGhoul

Well we just got these screens, I think it's a freakin great move. Even with the old one, I was seeing a lot more people out in the western wilderness. Spawning near cities that are too big to camp and having all the military stuff out west is a great idea

http://imgur.com/a/N0exK

• Like 1

It seems people using experimental can connect to stable servers :3 Weird.. I've been told there was an exp update earlier? I don't know though.

Yep the was an update rollback earlier but then it rolled back shortly afterwards.

My pal and I just massacred a 6 man squad near the neaf for old times sake:D

I agree because 3 military airport in walking closeness is too much and a new civilian airport can make a new place what is different from other airports

good riddance to the old NEAF and the jail. now wall glitchers can walk all the way to NWAF and get shot in process since they are unskilled. be ready fellas the old school NWAF battles will be back. best move dev team could've done maybe that's the boom hicks was talking about def a game changer in my opinion.still not going anywhere near there or NWAF but none the less have fun fellas.

Edited by gannon46

Yep the was an update rollback earlier but then it rolled back shortly afterwards.

My pal and I just massacred a 6 man squad near the neaf for old times sake:D

are we supposed to be impressed I always get a chuckle out of you killers who come into threads about a discussion of building changes or changes to the map to tell us about how you killed a bunch of players.woooo for you is that what you wanted because who gives a shit post some pictures or give some info other than oh yeah we ran by there and shot a guy I'm so cool to cool for school that is.

are we supposed to be impressed I always get a chuckle out of you killers who come into threads about a discussion of building changes or changes to the map to tell us about how you killed a bunch of players.woooo for you is that what you wanted because who gives a shit post some pictures or give some info other than oh yeah we ran by there and shot a guy I'm so cool to cool for school that is.

No you are not meant to be impressed.

Calm down. It's normal to do the thing a place is famous for before it gets demolished or whatever. Like when CBGB shut down they had a concert celebrating it's history. All we did was the equivalent and I'll be fighting my ass off in the neaf all weekend. Oh and I'll be killed loads of times, if that's ok with you.

I'd rather a wake for the neaf than spitting on its grave.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 1

Well we just got these screens, I think it's a freakin great move. Even with the old one, I was seeing a lot more people out in the western wilderness. Spawning near cities that are too big to camp and having all the military stuff out west is a great idea

http://imgur.com/a/N0exK

thank you, take my beans !!!

Looks pretty cool

No you are not meant to be impressed.

Calm down. It's normal to do the thing a place is famous for before it gets demolished or whatever. Like when CBGB shut down they had a concert celebrating it's history. All we did was the equivalent and I'll be fighting my ass off in the neaf all weekend. Oh and I'll be killed loads of times, if that's ok with you.

I'd rather a wake for the neaf than spitting on its grave.

Beans for CBGB reference.

Without them and Max's Kansas City U.S. punk and new wave would have fizzled.