Great, another sniper rifle to camp and shoot ppl while they cook,hunt,fish or whatever from 900 meters away.... :emptycan:  :emptycan:

Depends on the sequence or gun.  Again, I don't understand how anal some you guys are about these sorts of things.

• Like 1

Great, another sniper rifle to camp and shoot ppl while they cook,hunt,fish or whatever from 900 meters away.... :emptycan:  :emptycan:

sigh

It is a bolt action carbine in an intermediate cartridge .

it is more of a small- medium game hunting rifle people love to throw the word sniper rifle around without knowing what it is.

Just like people calling the mosin a sniper rifle lol.

Depends on the sequence or gun.  Again, I don't understand how anal some you guys are about these sorts of things.

It is the small tiny details that make the game special phil.

Attention to detail is of utmost importance.

Edited by gibonez

To a degree.  But there are trade offs for realism and fun all the time.

• Like 1

To a degree.  But there are trade offs for realism and fun all the time.

When it comes to the firearms I think it would be safe to assume that realism would only increase the fun not detract from it.

When it comes to the firearms I think it would be safe to assume that realism would only increase the fun not detract from it.

I don't know about that.  There are plenty who like a little more flash to their firearms.

In particular, increasing smoke and muzzle flash can help with detection, making up for the lack of awareness a game forces on a player.

• Like 1

We do need much more stuff like this to be honest.

I think people are really underestimating (and by implication, overestimating the significance of the opposite) the lack of "high-end" weapons.

I say a few more patches shelling out common weapons, then they need to really delve into the top-tier stuff. Or at least mid-tier stuff.

In particular, increasing smoke and muzzle flash can help with detection, making up for the lack of awareness a game forces on a player.

ARMA 2 did it decent, not perfect, with small flash, visible smoke, and larger flash at night. Could spot enemies firing from dust and smoke. Current standalone flash is definitely a step backwards. Why did I bring up flash in this thread? Because Torchia mentioned it in his Tweet, good opportunity.

FLkv7ye.png

lj0mMnq.png

• Like 1

snip

Most important thing with the arma 2 and arma 3 method was that it does not interfer with the shooting at all.

In stand alone it does the flash is distracting and the smoke is excessive and makes follow up shots annoying.

I'm saying, it is a complete circle jerk to talk about "well the CZ 527 is a weapon of immaculate precision in-real life, here's a CZ fact sheet and some testimonials!" 

Maybe people are just excited about getting civilian hunting weapon? One that fits the theme 100%, looks cool, has good reputation in real life and will enrich the game world in general. 

Btw you are not forced to like CZ weapons, use whatever you fancy and can get your hands on.

edit: don't understand the venom in your post....

Edited by Hombre

Probably will not sure why they cannot use the real manufactures or makes for the weapons. I always assumed weapon makers would love if games did that it is free publicity after all.

Probably because the people/company that is advertising for free would claim money for advertising. Not sure though.

Can honestly say that it is one of the few weapons, well the only, that I've been excited about.

Edited by LeChat

Maybe people are just excited about getting civilian hunting weapon? One that fits the theme 100%, looks cool, has good reputation in real life and will enrich the game world in general. 

Btw you are not forced to like CZ weapons, use whatever you fancy and can get your hands on.

edit: don't understand the venom in your post....

Again, you're completely misunderstanding what I'm saying.

I love the CZ 527. I am very excited for it being in the game. I don't discriminate between weapons, like many of the other members of this forum. I welcome them all.

I'm saying that spouting out real-world (and often anecdotal) information about a weapon (whatever weapon it is, take your pick) with no mention of how it actually affects gameplay, is a futile endeavor that belongs on a firearm forum.

In other words, if I just copy and pasted a Wikipedia article on say... an RPD.... said "Oh, it's an awesome weapon"... and left it at that... how does that relate to DayZ? It doesn't.

In other words, if I just copy and pasted a Wikipedia article on say... an RPD.... said "Oh, it's an awesome weapon"... and left it at that... how does that relate to DayZ? It doesn't.

Oh come on, by now you should already know, how DayZ forum works.

Also if SA tried to mimick real life weapons qualities, it would relate.

Damn, I really REALLY hope the "12x-Hunting_scope", (which is in the gamefiles already) will not be CZ-527-only, but also for the Blaze 95.

I mean, both guns are hunting rifles.... And maybe the Hunting-scope should fit on both hunting rifles...?

Otherwise we have a problem...

giphy.gif

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 3

I'm saying that spouting out real-world (and often anecdotal) information about a weapon (whatever weapon it is, take your pick) with no mention of how it actually affects gameplay, is a futile endeavor that belongs on a firearm forum.

Certain people on /r/dayz spamming Nutnfancy and Hicock45 videos or copy-pasting tutorials with titles like "how to field strip an SKS" are annoying, if that's what you're talking about.

• Like 1

Also looks a bit like a British Enfield. Maybe even sportarized.

This is the first weapon that excites me in a long time. The upcoming remington 870 that was shown is also a great addition.

Low end gear emphasis is fantastic.

Im hoping the power of the weapon is going to be somewhere in the middle or on par with the Mosin if anything. And im HOPING the clip is not going to be a huge burden to find like the Sporter .22 clips can be.

This is the first weapon that excites me in a long time. The upcoming remington 870 that was shown is also a great addition.

Well lets hope they do a decent job on it and it doesn't get tedious to maintain like the Sporter .22 is without clips.

Ammo.

The cz 527 is a new production rifle made by CZ a company known within the long range shooting community a having some of the best stock rifles out there.

If you ever held a cz rifle in your hands the only thing you can think of is quality everything from the wood to how good the trigger feels just screams quality.

Meanwhile the mosin nagants you can buy today were hastily assembled without a care in the world they were assembled with miss matching parts, badly fitting parts and in a rush so they could quickly arm front line troops. This along with the horrible quality of soviet era surplus ammo leads to it being super inaccurate the other major factor hurting its accuracy is the huge amount of pressure points on the long long barrel.

Meanwhile the cz 527 has the benefit of firing new production ammo + making a better rifle overall with modern technology and precision machining.

I like what you're saying but with the current sway system, we may as well be blind and drunk!! Its horrible looking through sights at present!

so long as the guns do this in game, then im happy. i wanna see survivors with HUUUUGE purple eyes from not being ACTUALLY trained military personell. lol. the 2 guys that shoot themselves just fackin rofl man.

Yes, because everyone who's not in the military will completely fuck up shooting the gun, sometimes to the point that they hit themselves.

What's with you and "low-end"? Such an arbitrary line you draw.

Statistically speaking the M4 is a low-end weapon right now, considering it's super rare and still can't shoot for shit. However, realistically speaking the Sporter-22 and P1 are low-end, but those were added recently. Are those not "low-end" enough for you?

What about the AKM? It's got select-fire capability, but it's definitely not advanced.

Edited by Chaingunfighter
  • Like 1

Yes, because everyone who's not in the military will completely fuck up shooting the gun, sometimes to the point that they hit themselves.

What's with you and "low-end"? Such an arbitrary line you draw.

Statistically speaking the M4 is a low-end weapon right now, considering it's super rare and still can't shoot for shit. However, realistically speaking the Sporter-22 and P1 are low-end, but those were added recently. Are those not "low-end" enough for you?

What about the AKM? It's got select-fire capability, but it's definitely not advanced.

Civie weapons I consider low end. Nothing about a real life m4 or akm is low end.