Sign in to follow this  
karlkurtz32

Can someone explain the character reset situation?

I briefly read some comments on it but still don't fully understand.  Everytime I log back in I have a new character.  Is there something I can do on my end to prevent this or is this a known issue that's being worked out?  Thanks.

Give it some time.  Sometimes after a patch, there are strange things occurring with characters.

My hardcore character loaded fine. 

My regular character reset twice.  I had a warning though that the server couldn't access the central server and was giving me a default character.

CHANGELOG:  0.45.124426 - Live now

Known Issues:
Crash caused by burned meat duplication
Camera can clip through walls
Occaisionally zombies are spawning at  the same spot they died
Extremely rare crash when a player throws item 
Player's next character will not be saved into database if he disconnects after death

I certainly hope they're working on it, whether this is the reason you're having this problem or not. Could be you're going on broken servers, I just did a bit ago. Most likely you're experiencing this bug though. I can't imagine them not working on it.

Edit: Just throwing it out there, but maybe if you kill your character and respawn it will fix it.
Edited by Amias Free

I just spawned in, (fresh spawn) allowed myself to be killed by zombies.  Respawned, made it to a rooftop and safely logged out.  Logged back in and had another fresh spawn.  Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

(personal experience, not quoting a source of any kind)

it seems there are several servers right now that cannot connect to the central hub, I've hit a bunch of fragnet severs, specifically the LAX group, and they all stated upon login that they're not connected up and I had the same fresh spawn for each.

Hit another server, competently different fresh spawn. Another, and I find my fully kitted character.

So it seems like certain groups share a hive, which has no persistence with other sub-hives, like frag net, and vilayer would each have a different bambi spawn consistent with other servers of the same host.

Make sense? Like I said I have no clue how the hive architecture is laid out, so... just my observation

Edited by CPO 1 Bishop

I hate servers that have different hives. One server I am fully kitted. Then I join another, boom fresh spawn. Decide to join original server again. Boom, that other fucking server wiped my character.

Then I have to be a fresh spawn again.

everytime i join a server im a bambi. ive tried to join different servers and drop my items, take off my shirt. and im always a new spawn..... fookin lame.

I lost my 4 month old hardcore toon after I disconnected safely and the game stopped working after quitting. I couldn't care less, already found 3 more LRS and Mosin with ammo in some new city, but now after I quit, the game stopped working once more so I think I got reset again.

If that is the case I am worried that when they do synch up my extremely well geared character is going to be replaced by the one that I was playing last night that is pretty spartan. Well, that's a lie... I don't really give a shit.

• Like 1

I lost my 4 month old hardcore toon after I disconnected safely and the game stopped working after quitting. I couldn't care less, already found 3 more LRS and Mosin with ammo in some new city, but now after I quit, the game stopped working once more so I think I got reset again.

Happend to me now aswell on a server I was always on since patch, because it seemed to be reliable. My regular Char was alive for 4 months as well.

I stop playing now.

I briefly read some comments on it but still don't fully understand.  Everytime I log back in I have a new character.  Is there something I can do on my end to prevent this or is this a known issue that's being worked out?  Thanks.

The last time you died you logged out, and now the database isn't saving your character. It's a known issue, at the top of the changelog.

I hate servers that have different hives. One server I am fully kitted. Then I join another, boom fresh spawn. Decide to join original server again. Boom, that other fucking server wiped my character.

Then I have to be a fresh spawn again.

There aren't different hives, well there are but it's very simple.

Stable-Regular

Stable-Hardcore

Experimental-Regular

Experimental-Hardcore

The last time you died you logged out, and now the database isn't saving your character. It's a known issue, at the top of the changelog.

This is just wrong. I didn't log out, I just respawned. 

Wrong information dude. 

Yep, I lost fairth into devs, exp and stable. While I considered exp as "hardcore" testing and "stable" as soft testing Devs just told me: Stop playing, we don't even fix the communication problems while working on server architecture since 6 months. I don't even mind Zs, bugs and glitches that causes death because server architecture and communication is prio #1. Looks like they just fail since 6 months.

Edited by RoterBallon

Game crashed, game loaded up showing my char with kit, logged into different server but started as a fresh spawn, immediately logged out and logged into the server I was previously playing on (when game crashed) and had all my kit back.

Seems its the servers marked private that is having the problems. I've been making sure I've been going to public servers.

This happens almost every new patch I think, some server are not connected to hive and so you are in a new toon loop so long you play on them

If that is the case I am worried that when they do synch up my extremely well geared character is going to be replaced by the one that I was playing last night that is pretty spartan. Well, that's a lie... I don't really give a shit.

I'm paying only on servers that have my pre .45 character hoping they'll sort what seem to be seperate hives within stable - regular. I just don't feel like lossin my shit if I can avoid it.

There aren't different hives, well there are but it's very simple.

Stable-Regular

Stable-Hardcore

Experimental-Regular

Experimental-Hardcore

Yes, but there seem to be issues where certain hosts seem to be on separate hives, and certain hosts serve up the character prior to the patch. Please correct me if you have solid info, but this is what I'm experiencing, and haven't been able to find anything to the contrary.

This happens almost every new patch I think, some server are not connected to hive and so you are in a new toon loop so long you play on them

Yeah, I think I remember having this issue last patch as well, but after awhile everything was back to normal, so to speak. So then the trick is to play a sever you're familiar with until the hives are one? I'm no expert.

edit: I know there's the open ticket, and it's really soon, more information would be great. Forgive me if something has been posted somewhere else, I had a look around and couldn't see anything.

Edited by CPO 1 Bishop

Happend to me now aswell on a server I was always on since patch, because it seemed to be reliable. My regular Char was alive for 4 months as well.

I stop playing now.

The regular character is just as old, but I won't touch that one for now :lol:

I actually didn't die though.  That's why I was confused.   

• Like 1

Seems its the servers marked private that is having the problems. I've been making sure I've been going to public servers.

I play on public servers and this is where it happened to me.