zecele

No one cares about the new city?

Playing with a friend at the minute on the stable update had played before on experimental when the new city was packed with players.

Now that the update has been pushed to stable, me and my friend have went their atleast 4-5 times and have not seen anyone, then we went to Berezino and the NEA and what do you know its absolutely packed with players. 

It seems like no one cares for it, or just don't know where it is.

Probably both (don't care, don't know).

It can be fun to explore but you need time to do that - if you're a player that doesn't have more than 30 minutes or an hour to bum around you're likely to stick where there's action. To be honest if all of the spawns hadn't been moved north I think Berezino would be more of a wasteland and more people would be down by Elektro. I think the only way you're going to see a lot of people around the new town is if spawns are moved away from Berezino.

• Like 1

It takes awhile for people to even know that there is a new city, most stay away from the forums do to the flaming trolls...and others think they are playing the game rather than testing.

This is why i thought they kept changing spawns on us, to mere stress test the cities..They have no way of knowing how stable the buildings and such are if we did not make it the new PvP town.  In this game everyone seems to gear and go to the nearest city to have fights....The spawns right now, are svet, twin valleys, suicide silos, Barenzino, and a few others.  All around lumbermill and NEAF....in order to fill that town up i see the devs having to put more spawns on the northside now.

If they dont we will never truly stress test the town.

Remember Elecktro days, Cami, Balota...

I feel Barenzino and Lumbermill along with NEAF days of being pure PvP hellfest will soon be over.  It is time to test new things once again

Just my opinion obviously, but that is my theory behind new towns and spawn changes.

Happy Hunting

not as many guns for the death match boys out there so they don't go, better for us

not as many guns for the death match boys out there so they don't go, better for us

Not for long though, they need to test the city or town...so im sure we will be forced near that town shortly!!  Might as well go find your vantage points now to get a head start and find your flanking and exit routes!!

Best of luck guys!!  the fight shall be coming soon!!

• Like 2

It's because there is nothing of great interest in the new city. It was cool at first, but ultimately it's just another small town.

It's kinda sad that many folks do not give a damn about North West area of map and just duke it out in Berezino or NEA.

Maybe it is Dev's fault for adding more barracks on the map.....or is it purely because there is not any loot variety yet, so nothing forcing ppl to loot barracks.

I just hope that further down the road, north-west will again be THE place to go, similar as was in the mod.

I loved the sense of journey, it was often terrifying experience, yet one I felt was important to undertake.

At the moment, there is nothing like that in SA.

• Like 1

It's because there is nothing of great interest in the new city. It was cool at first, but ultimately it's just another small town.

I sadly have to agree. It is also kind a like a death trap, long narrow streets with lots of windows everywhere and all of it overlooked by high slopes. All this enhanced by the fact that while the town may be big, it is very elongated and not very wide, like the deadliest part of Berezino, only worse on account of the steep slopes, which makes flanking and evading maneuvers very difficult.

It's kinda sad that many folks do not give a damn about North West area of map and just duke it out in Berezino or NEA.

Maybe it is Dev's fault for adding more barracks on the map.....or is it purely because there is not any loot variety yet, so nothing forcing ppl to loot barracks.

I just hope that further down the road, north-west will again be THE place to go, similar as was in the mod.

I loved the sense of journey, it was often terrifying experience, yet one I felt was important to undertake.

At the moment, there is nothing like that in SA.

This is all about stress testing, thus why there is nothing to do but run around into all buildings and try to break the mechanics of the game, then report your bugs.  It isnt about the journey now, it isnt about where you think the fight and capitol should be!!

Its all about us trying to break the game...it just so happens everyone gets loot.  Granted im not always testing the game and am guilty of playing it...but that seems to be the issue here, no one wants change...then we are forced to spawn in certain areas... 

I agree with you in the sense that yes, this map is so big and many of other places to be and why arent we there...but i also am a realist and understand not everyone has the time to dedicate to this game like myself and many others do.

Our job is to TEST and REPORT....not so much to play the game like its a finished version.

I hate on this game as much as anyone could because i do disagree with their model and many of other things when it comes to server integrity....but if we are to continue our ALPHA roll **No matter that we paid for it** we have to think outside the box!

Much love and happy hunting!!

• Like 1

"The new city" will obviously be camped so I am not going there.

i couldnt see anything about it in the changelog when i updated? am i confused here? are you talking about the new city in north? is it in stable? why cant i see it in changelog? thanks, and sorry for all the question marks

i spent a few minutes literally marching around the main square yelling into my mic and didn't see a a soul. So then i climbed onto the town hall roof and danced around with a lit flare before throwing it into the square. Not even a peep from anyone :( .

i spent a few minutes literally marching around the main square yelling into my mic and didn't see a a soul. So then i climbed onto the town hall roof and danced around with a lit flare before throwing it into the square. Not even a peep from anyone :( .

How do you throw? I was holding flare and pressing G but nothign happened.

I would imagine a lot of people are still at work. At least in the US anyways. I'm stuck here reading a forum instead of playing damnit!

Give Novo time. That city is ripe and can be a very hostile place :D

Edited by haknslash

I would imagine a lot of people are still at work. At least in the US anyways. I'm stuck here reading a forum instead of playing damnit!

Give Novo time. That city is ripe and can be a very hostile place :D

Maybe they are farming AKM drum mags before going to camp Novo.

How do you throw? I was holding flare and pressing G but nothign happened.

Have to press space before pressing G.

• Like 1

Our job is to TEST and REPORT....not so much to play the game like its a finished version.

Sometimes it's just hard to tell what was changed specificaly to improve testing.

Well I guess most of the stuff now can be sorts of placeholder, sometimes its just hard not wanting it to be changed :).

Until there are vehicles or spawns are near there, not interested. I only play this game with my friends, I don't want to run for hours to go somewhere to find them just to die to another player or something dumb like touching a ladder or falling through the wall of a house.

Its the biggest city in the game.

Yeah, I actually meant just another town. Regardless of size, it would still be nothing to attract masses of people.

I plan on heading there as soon as the damn update finishes. Will be nice to have a relatively rubberband-free experience in those cities.

I haven't gone there yet.  I am hunting for an AKM to try out.  

I will go tonight though.  Looks pretty cool!