kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.45 Discussion

What's the average rubber-banding interval?

The rubber banding you seem to be talking about is due to desync and lag. It happens to me any time the server is lagging or my internet is lagging.

The real issue before this patch got pushed out was on EXP where the server could decide whether or not you had left the building so it would snap you back to the top. That would happen regardless of latency any time you were near buildings and didn't navigate properly.

The rubber banding you seem to be talking about is due to desync and lag. It happens to me any time the server is lagging or my internet is lagging.

The real issue before this patch got pushed out was on EXP where the server could decide whether or not you had left the building so it would snap you back to the top. That would happen regardless of latency any time you were near buildings and didn't navigate properly.

Yes, that still happens to me. I get teleported back to the top of the building I was in. It happens in the control tower of the NEAF.

Elaborate, how do you play on two different characters? Is it random which one is assigned to you when you join a server?

I discovered my issue. I have 2 seperate characters: 1 on the private hive and 1 on the public hive.

The sense of running around for days gathering supplies and lose it all is strong with this one, too right i feel annoyed by it. Losing a whole 300 round box containing 600 rounds? Think i'm in every position to complain having a useless M4 which you can't find at all anymore when it has full pristine parts.

Wow, server hopping is such a pain, huh? 

Friendly reminder.

Never get attached to your gear.

Thank you.

Why shouldn't I become attached to my equipment? Equipment is essentially the only shred of end-game DayZ currently has, and it makes me appreciate and value my character more as he survives and acquires more and more equipment. If anything, you're supposed to feel terrible when you lose it all to an unfortunate death.

I'd agree that equipment attachment generally isn't a good idea while playing on a crammed server, though. Any heavily populated server is bound to be full to bursting with anti-social KoS pecker fuckers with nothing better to do, which really cheapens the experience of the game. The fact that the SA probably won't feature particularly meaningful player interactions or viable methods of long-range communication with other players on the server in the remotely near future, which demonstrably helps to facilitate cooperation and interaction (as can be clearly seen in a number of DayZ mod servers), is a bitter disappointment. The game desperately needs an optional side chat, or something resembling it that better utilizes the nearly useless walkie talkie. "Realism" be damned in a game with ridiculous fall damage mechanics, hunger and thirst that can be fatal within a matter of hours, and bullet dispersion that eerily mimics a six-year-old's shooting skills alongside utterly stupid ballistics. The game suffers badly from a KoS mentality that's deeply ingrained into what seems like the vast majority of the DayZ playerbase, and anything that can mitigate it short of disabling PvP can and should be fully supported.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Ransurian

Logged in, no gear lost. 3 hours ingame ran miles, in and out of buildings, no rubberbanding, chopped wood, mined rocks, cooked can o beans.

Couldn't find any animals.

It was a good day.

Edited by MarchHare
  • Like 1

Just some positive feed back here but, this up date does not seem to work for me. I keep getting missing stuff errors. Could it be the servers are not being updated? Before the update it ran on my machine well but now not so good. I have a intel 3770k and a gtx 550ti 8 gigs ram. Should be good no? It seems to be fuzzy or something. :(  I hope another update comes soon.

Fuzzy graphics, hit escape>settings>video and as you hit the video button you should suddenly see the graphics sharpen up without actually altering anything. This seems especially noticeable if you have the game Res matched to your monitors Res.

Oh well that did'nt work. Still fuzzy looking. I guess i will try something tommorrow. To tired to work on it now thanks for trying though.

Don't  see it in the changelog, can someone confirm/deny whether loot spawning is in?

Don't  see it in the changelog, can someone confirm/deny whether loot spawning is in?

It's not (hicks). And servers still get restarted.

Logged in yesterday. Character okay, no problems. The game also seemed smoother. No lag, no desync, no rubberbanding. roundabout 20 player on the server. Then server restarted. At first, no problems. Then came all the looter until the server was full. Sudenly rubberbanding, lag and desync. Almost got killed by a newspan, with a high-pitch voice saying " you sure gonna die", who was min 10 meters away and punched the air. Looked funny. Axed him down.  B)

Did they add a gorka jacket, or is it just the pants for now?

Love the new patch, keep up the great work!
Other than crashing when i leave servers or leave the game, its fantastic!

I also like the addition of the weapon sway now!

i just found helicrash from NWAF and all stuff about 100-200m radious start to LAG BAD! all doors, loot, zombies.. everything and there was some small constantly ongoing rubberbanding also. Anyone else have these encounters?

we play with 4-5 people, mostly on high pop(35-40). here is our experience after 2 days:

Desync every 15-30 Mins. The whole game stands still for about one minute. Interaction with anything is not possible.

This happened some times in fight situations and some mates died because of this Desync issue or broke their legs.

Rubberbanding every 30 minutes 2-3 times. Sometimes like the moon walk, the more you press "w" the more you went back.

Wallglitching inside the Prison at NEA is still possible.

The game crashes everytime after the server resets and you join a new server.

And why is the spawntimer after serverhopp to 30 seconds...

Its nice, what they did with the ammo, makes the gameplay much harder. like it :)

Edited by newguyzombie

Had incredibly frustrating lag/desync on all servers last night - not game breaking, just annoying :P also lost a character, but hey!

You.re totally out of order jumping into your Primal Scream of Pansyfication of any comments people make about the new patch. This is an Alpha and it is one of our roles in this game to report the anomalies that are in the patches that they make. Its called feedback and used judiciously it leads to corrections of the mistakes that occour. Or do you think that everything that comes with each patch is deliberate and must be lived with? 

Primal scream of pansyfication? You don't get out a lot do you..

What I'm suggesting is, if people really want to go running from Berezino to NEAF, get in some bushes and pull off a shot from snipers hill into west jail just like that, they're going to encounter some sway in their rifle. It's either that, or they can go back to CoD.

When you run with that amount of equipment, weapon in or out of hand - your lungs start requiring Oxygen faster, this is what makes a person pant. If you stop suddenly, your lungs are still going to be requiring higher amounts of Oxygen until your breathing has regulated again and this is absolutely normal, it happens to everyone. 

Since you didn't either wtf are you complaining about others complaining than.

What the fuck are you on about? Wipe the dribble from your chin and try again - if you can't construct a sentence then don't bother trying.

I did notice that the rubber banding, for me, tends to happen when multiple people join the server in a row. Havent played enough to test this but I will update after some more play time.

• Like 1

is anyone else getting constant crashes after updating? when i first join a server, i get missing/ could not load errors (i played through them when i was on the previous update) i can play for around 10-15 minutes then, the game will randomly minimize, and i get error messages. before the update, i was getting small amounts of lag, now it is like i am playing on my old laptop.

is anyone else getting this, and if so, anyone know how to fix it.

-thx, Helix

Edited by Helix2000

I was playing with 2 friends and they get some "missing file .." messages several times, however i've never gotten one of such messages since the new stable patch is online.