kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.45 Discussion

To all who have character resets:

I did have this problem all the time before the last patch and also shortly after it. It discovered that often the "Wait for host" message stays very long and often after this happened i had a char reset. Since i started to immediately press ESC when "Wait for host" appears and connecting again i had no resets for several days now. It seems the servers have problems retrieving the char sometimes while connecting.

• Like 1

i know for a fact the best places to avoid for AKM is the small mil base near BAlota, and NEAF, they don't spawn AKM's at all

Not true... I found my AKM at the barracks at balota airfield. I seriously doubt they spawn more in one location than another, its all just chance. I've also come across 2 crash sites, one of which had only magazines and helmets, the second one had two m4's. So again, its all just chance.

But yes, rifles in general are spawning far less frequently. No shortage of pistols and boots though.

Edited by blaeZ

Server hopping seems to be at a record high. After checking out balota airfield and seeing it had been looted, I set up shop nearby to see if I could find the looter. Within a 10 minute span I saw 5 different people who appeared to load in, check the barracks, then vanish. I didnt take any shots cause none were well geared, or a threat. it was just funny to see all the hoppers join, find the barracks already looted, then they run behind the barracks and disconnect.

Edited by blaeZ
  • Like 2

Opps I think the server I was on was not updated.(insert foot in butt lol) It seems to be better now. The Zombie sounds have come back though I think. I was trying to find apples and awaaak. but no zombie. Oh why is this game so addictive?  The real thing they could do is fix the zombies seeing and running through the walls and buildings. Oh yea pay no mind to the stupid post I made before.

I have searched NWAF 4 times now and have not found a single AKM. Found around 10 SKS-s though. In my opinion Dayz Dev team really showed with this how incompetent they really are and forgot to add AKM into the loot spawns.

AKMs are there. Everyone who came this far in the discussion without knowing that has not read its posts and should maybe rethink, if it is smart to post in a thread without reading previous ones. Just one page back you will find that someone found one.

Now should you come to the conclusion that posting in a thread without reading the previous posts is absolutelly ok, one maybe should still refrain from insulting ppl based on assumptions.

Just watched hicks' twitch stream. While it is desired to bring in sway when out of breath, the stuttering there was confirmed as a bug.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 3

I've found 2 AKM's over a period of 4 airfields and a few bases, i know for a fact the best places to avoid for AKM is the small mil base near BAlota, and NEAF, they don't spawn AKM's at all, i've found 1 AKM @ NWAF, and one in hte barracks at Zelenogorsk, found 5 30 rounds and 1 drum magazine so look in those places if you want an AKM! I too don't need tons of M4 ammo, it's just nice to have so you don't have to think about that when you need it so you're not lumbered with a useless rare weapon, i've looted 7 crashed Heli's and haven't actually found an M4 yet (Before anyone assumes they were looted, they weren't. All the M4 mags were still there with rounds in them) i only use single shot with the M4, it's all i need but he probably server hops himself and that's why he 'knows' that everyone else with gear 'needs' to server hope to get that amount of stuff, most likely all he does.  Those who are guilty, are those who are the quickest to judge, it's human psychology!

You hoarders make me laugh. I enjoy the game as it comes and don't exploit every glitch to gain some advantage. I carry only what I need. There's nothing funnier to me than killing some player who's carrying nothing but weapons and packed ammo boxes. There is so much to do in this game, yet you guys just obsess about gearing up like Rambo and hoarding the prettiest guns. Hmmm... what does your little psychology textbook tell you about those kinds of people? Okay, maybe you don't hop servers, but its just as sad if you are on all day long and harvest the same loot areas after every server reset. Pathetic. But whatever, there is a place for people like you in this game too. I certainly hope you run into that group of 100 hostiles someday so you can use all the ammo you've collected. 

• Like 3

You hoarders make me laugh. I enjoy the game as it comes and don't exploit every glitch to gain some advantage. I carry only what I need. There's nothing funnier to me than killing some player who's carrying nothing but weapons and packed ammo boxes. There is so much to do in this game, yet you guys just obsess about gearing up like Rambo and hoarding the prettiest guns. Hmmm... what does your little psychology textbook tell you about those kinds of people? Okay, maybe you don't hop servers, but its just as sad if you are on all day long and harvest the same loot areas after every server reset. Pathetic. But whatever, there is a place for people like you in this game too. I certainly hope you run into that group of 100 hostiles someday so you can use all the ammo you've collected. 

I used to be a hoarder. I'd server hop and do everything I can to get the best gear, ultimately you only end up dying. Now it's rare to see me with a back pack and I only pick up what I need to survive and kill.

Back on topic of the thread, I've encountered the bug that crashes and resets all your key binding and graphical settings. I can no longer see the resolution I should be using - any suggestions or fixes?

Server hopping seems to be at a record high. After checking out balota airfield and seeing it had been looted, I set up shop nearby to see if I could find the looter. Within a 10 minute span I saw 5 different people who appeared to load in, check the barracks, then vanish. I didnt take any shots cause none were well geared, or a threat. it was just funny to see all the hoppers join, find the barracks already looted, then they run behind the barracks and disconnect.

According to some people, those are just really good players that know more about this game than you do.  :lol:

• Like 2

i cant find akm on n\w airfield,where does it spawning?also  in 0.45 long range scope spawning dissapeared on n/w airfield, no more mosins at police stations,hospitals or blue trucks,what the hell is going on?

Edited by maimunn

i cant find akm on n\w airfield,where does it spawning?also  in 0.45 long range scope spawning dissapeared on n/w airfield, no more mosins at police stations,hospitals or blue trucks,what the hell is going on?

I don't know where you are playing, but I've come across at least 3 police stations within the last 2 hours, and every single one had a Mosin Nagant - the last one even two, plus a SKS. Even found a LRS in a police station (that's the first I've found there). Been to the NW airfield yesterday - found 2 LRS, a lot of P0-scopes, etc.

I'm going to regret this, but... Ah, what the hell: Look inside those burned out rusted army jeeps (trunk and front right). Chances are high to loot a Mosin, a SKS or even a scope. And don't just try one - there are plenty. Same goes for the...watchacallthem... Daihatsus? While spawning primarily backpacks and food, there's like a 30% chance that there will be a Mosin or SKS.

Perhaps you just have the particularly bad luck of looting 3 minutes behind a guy like me: Whenever I find a weapon I don't need, I pick it up and throw it in the grass. No point in getting shot in the back : )

• Like 1

Yeah I can't wait until guns can be damaged to the point where we can shoot them out of peoples hands.

It would be great if you go in to a police station or whatever and see like 3 guns "This is a problem..." BANG BANG BANG "Not any more!" shoot them all so they're broken.

That would be great, could encourage server hopping I guess but it's not like people are ever going to stop doing that.

"Ah this ammo type doesn't fit in this gun! So immersion breaking! hold on while I spawn in this hanger in a few more servers until I get what I want while being immersed in my teleporting to alternate realities of authenticity"

Anyway, have their been any minor updates for the game at all to fix some of the issues? I hope we see something on Wednesday it's just pointless playing now.

I might go swim to the islands though, considering my character will probably get reset or break his legs randomly anyway why the hell not.

*finds RPG on island* :lol:

Bug Reports

After this 0.45 Update I have been experiencing several bugs.

1)One being item in my hand Invisible ( ex. Characters arms looks like its holding rifle but nothing actually drawn, same with eating or drinking)

2)Rubber Banding seems to still be an issue.

3)Canceling actions sometimes doesn't work.( Previous experience was with a canteen, I died.)

4)Dropping an item will be placed where you were standing previously, Not your current location.

5)Some items refuse to be dropped, Occasionally.(In my case a Black Baseball Cap)

6)Issue with Zombies still occurring:The zombies would be a good distance away, Facing the opposite direction and get a hit on me. Again probably connected to issue #4 and #2, the server probably hasn't received the information as to where my character is and doing.

7) My attacks on a zombie are delayed, not the animation but the actual hit on the zombie, after 3 seconds or so all the hits the were not accounted for are flushed in. Again probably server issues? (I have no idea, just a guess)

Probably more I can not recall at the moment

Thank you for reading! Please let me no, If anyone else is having the same issues as me.

Edited by CthulhuVehemence

I don't know where you are playing, but I've come across at least 3 police stations within the last 2 hours, and every single one had a Mosin Nagant - the last one even two, plus a SKS. Even found a LRS in a police station (that's the first I've found there). Been to the NW airfield yesterday - found 2 LRS, a lot of P0-scopes, etc.

I'm going to regret this, but... Ah, what the hell: Look inside those burned out rusted army jeeps (trunk and front right). Chances are high to loot a Mosin, a SKS or even a scope. And don't just try one - there are plenty. Same goes for the...watchacallthem... Daihatsus? While spawning primarily backpacks and food, there's like a 30% chance that there will be a Mosin or SKS.

Perhaps you just have the particularly bad luck of looting 3 minutes behind a guy like me: Whenever I find a weapon I don't need, I pick it up and throw it in the grass. No point in getting shot in the back : )

after 10 police stations i finally found mosin and lrs in,about burned out trucks - never seen one - can you open the door or its just below him?

btw no more spawns in blue trailers,after 15-20 havent found even axe

Edited by maimunn

Some bullet hits are not registered (meaning they don't die, no blood animation, nothing) and I can prove this with video. And I will. Looked at desync before shooting and after: no desync, ping 40.

Edited by lucianpin

Making weapons or loot very rare will only encourage server hopping. After zombies appearing and disappearing, walking through walls, this is the last thing we wanted: seeing players appearing and disappearing. Solving this problem is not simple, but we should think about it.

It would be more helpfull for the game to prevent combatlocking, so people on roofes with big ladders can't log out in the middle on the roof before I can climb up the fucking ladder. It would thinning out the geared crowd real fast if they couldn't dodge so many fights.

Edited by TyrDaishi

It would be more helpfull for the game to prevent combatlocking, so people on roofes with big ladders can't log out in the middle on the roof before I can climb up the fucking ladder. It would thinning out the geared crowd real fast if they couldn't dodge so many fights.

Yes man it so annoying I getting crazy and keep swearing to game cause of this. With 0.45 its more easy to do combat logging cause you not waiting 99sec. Thats really bullshit when fully geared person understand that he cant kill you he just combat logging. I have not desire to play this game cause of  combat loggers. They should find proper solution about that.

Yes man it so annoying I getting crazy and keep swearing to game cause of this. With 0.45 its more easy to do combat logging cause you not waiting 99sec. Thats really bullshit when fully geared person understand that he cant kill you he just combat logging. I have not desire to play this game cause of  combat loggers. They should find proper solution about that.

Yes, beside this, changing servers all the time breaks everything. You can change from rainy to sunny, from night to day, from no loot to new loot. This is the major architectural problem with this game.

Synchronize day time per hive, synchronize weather per hive, don't let server to restart, just make loot respawn system and make it unpredictable. Don't let someone who disconnects from a sever to come again to the same server within 24 hours. If you want to play with your friends and have a shity internet connection, get disconnected and still want to play with your friends, than you all should change the server or give up, try to have a good connection.

Please, make the ashwood stick more common, please.

Find an ash wood tree they are everywhere and chop it down with an Axe

• Like 1

Synchronize day time per hive, synchronize weather per hive, don't let server to restart, just make loot respawn system and make it unpredictable. Don't let someone who disconnects from a sever to come again to the same server within 24 hours. If you want to play with your friends and have a shity internet connection, get disconnected and still want to play with your friends, than you all should change the server or give up, try to have a good connection.

Servers need to restart - loot respawn or not. Otherwise, performance would become too low.

Nowadays people restart servers to make loot respawn, but remember that it is necessary.

Agree with the synchronize daytime, I guess they will do it, now there is some difference between clients.

Wheater is already fine, it's server dependent.

The rest just no.

And if I want to play during an evening and during the next morning I can't because I need to sleep (and thus log out)? I must wait the next evening?

The second part, just no. Not every area of the world has what you call a good connection, and you can crash out of the game also for other reasons. And whatever, it's a game, it should be fun, not too damn complicated to play. When I want to, I connect.

If you are against server hopping, as I am, wait for private hives and then choose one to play into.

But nobody should be prevented to play because he logged out.

Edited by Gugolas

Find an ash wood tree they are everywhere and chop it down with an Axe

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Servers need to restart - loot respawn or not. Otherwise, performance would become too low.

Nowadays people restart servers to make loot respawn, but remember that it is necessary.

Agree with the synchronize daytime, I guess they will do it, now there is some difference between clients.

The rest just no.

And if I want to play during an evening and during the next morning I can't because I need to sleep (and thus log out)? I must wait the next evening?

The second part, just no. Not every area of the world has what you call a good connection, and you can crash out of the game also for other reasons. And whatever, it's a game, it should be fun, not too damn complicated to play. When I want to, I connect.

If you are against server hopping, as I am, wait for private hives and then choose one to play into.

But nobody should be prevented to play because he logged out.

Servers need to restar

- Ok every wed.

- No, it's not fine. People would change server to avoid to get sick when it is raining.

- You select other sever. Or, instead 24 hours can be 6 hours it's enough to avoid combat server hopping.