Sign in to follow this  
jubeidok

Long range scopes out the wazoo!

Holy crap. I just spent some time on an exp regular and an exp hardcore server and LRS' are spawning all over Hobo. Wont be long before the whole server is having snipe wars across the valley. =)

Would you prefer acogs spawning instead? no

If LRS's are indeed common, I didn't find one in the 2+hrs I played Exp this morning.  :huh:

This just happened to me, but with road flares. I have 6 right now and found them all within a minute of eachother.

We do also have to understand that what happens on Exp may or may not translate to Stable. We'll just have to see.

Long range scopes out the wazoo!

This just happened to me, but with road flares. I have 6 right now and found them all within a minute of eachother.

I have a feeling it might be a bug with whatever system generates the loot, I've noticed quite often as well that you can spend dayz looking for a particular item that just won't show up.. but then as though the loot generator has just gone 'full circle' on an ordered list of what loot can spawn, it will spawn 10+ all within a few KM of each other, then not spawn another one for a week while it goes through the rest of this theoretical list.

I got 7 30r sporter mags from a tent city in a single run through.. decided it was a sign and ditched my SKS to go looking for a Sporter thinking that being the lowest tier civilian rifle they should be relatively common. It took me 4 dayz to find one, then I found 2 in the same house, another one nextdoor and another one in the next town along.

Edited by zeeabo

I have a feeling it might be a bug with whatever system generates the loot

I've noticed similar symptoms where I'll run into a large number of the SAME item (the purple backpack or a particular kind of ammo for example) very frequently in the same building/town/area while not seeing other varieties at all.

However, and I don't have any proof to back this up, I don't think it has to do with a "loot generator" - because I don't think there is one. Again, just a theory, but it seems to me like the system is "list" based (so items and spawn points can be grouped into categories) and items are supposedly selected at random from the lists, but there are no limits or caps in place that prevent items from showing up more than X times. Not yet anyway. I recall mention of it happening at some point however.

Does anyone have any confirmation one way or another about the particulars of the loot system - as it pertains to how rarity works and if there are indeed item spawn limits?

I've noticed similar symptoms where I'll run into a large number of the SAME item (the purple backpack or a particular kind of ammo for example) very frequently in the same building/town/area while not seeing other varieties at all.

However, and I don't have any proof to back this up, I don't think it has to do with a "loot generator" - because I don't think there is one. Again, just a theory, but it seems to me like the system is "list" based (so items and spawn points can be grouped into categories) and items are supposedly selected at random from the lists, but there are no limits or caps in place that prevent items from showing up more than X times. Not yet anyway. I recall mention of it happening at some point however.

Does anyone have any confirmation one way or another about the particulars of the loot system - as it pertains to how rarity works and if there are indeed item spawn limits?

There's a list of possible spawns in a certain spot.

It picks one item. 

There's a list of possible spawns in a certain spot.

It picks one item.

And then picks that same item for 80% of the other spawn points in that building.

:P So it seems.

And then picks that same item for 80% of the other spawn points in that building.

Dunno. There might be some weight in the choice of items spawned. I can't remember how Rocket made the LRS spawn less often.

I found 2... TWO pristine pressvests yesterday in a policestation. Ist just...odd..

couldent take booth tho, but was hiding the other one in a  bush nearby :D

also noticed this..

when finding a can opener i almost every time find like 3 or 4 at the same time!

Holy crap. I just spent some time on an exp regular and an exp hardcore server and LRS' are spawning all over Hobo. Wont be long before the whole server is having snipe wars across the valley. =)

Sounds like fun. I'm in.

Random is just that: random. It doesn't mean evenly distribution of all possible items, Sometimes the dice rolls 6 3 times in a row, sometimes it never rolls 6 at all.

Sounds like fun. I'm in.

I've been hitting up several perches in and around the Hobo, have yet to see or hear a single other sniper in that area. I am amazed actually, can be quite the challenge tryin to hit a target down in that city while up on one of the ridges. I have one spot where I estimate it's probably around a 1200m shot. I made a group scatter, but don't think I've ever hit anyone. 

Edited by JubeiDOK

1 time lucky with randomized loot tables and you think the entire server is full of LR scopes ....lol my god can we kick people out of alpha ?? I will give u ur money back