skully172

Military hydration pack / Leg holster / Military bulletproof vest

38 members have voted

1. 1. should theese items be added to the game?

• Yes, all three of them.
    • Yes, but only the Hydration Pack.
    • Yes, but only the Leg Holster.
    • Yes, but only the Vest
    • No.

Hydration packs:

I would like to see military hydration packs in the game.

They would be extremely rare.

You can refil the pack just like a canteen or something like that.

You can use it around 15 times before having to refil it (can carry 3000 ml (the canteen can carry 1000 ml and can be used 5 times).

You can still use a vest and a backpack if you have the hydration pack.

Can be found in helicopter crashsites, and/ or military bases.

Would come in: Tan, khaki, olive, black, DPM.

Hydration pack example

they could look like the ones in arma 3

Yk39f2t.png

Leg Holster:

just another place to but the pistol and still be able to use a vest.

Quite rare, but not extremely rare.

If you have one whit a pistol, you can scrool wheel and have an option to take it into your hands quickly.

Would come in: Tan, khaki, olive, black.

tactical_drop_leg_holster22.jpg

Carrier rig vest:

just like the press vest it can stop bullets, and its extremely rare

Bulletproof

Extremely rare

Would come in: Tan, khaki, olive, black.

Vest_GE_V14C_DT_lg.jpg

Other Things:

i would also like more military backpacks and etc

example

Edited by Skully172
  • Like 3

I would like to see these things, but i would also love to see this game stable the ZEDS and Roofless buildings.  Once again awesome content idea, i just dont want them to have more shit to do then they already have.  The basic of things in this game still need tweaking and fixing!!

Much love to the idea man!!  Not to shabby...

• Like 1

I think the bullet vest needs to be pieced together to work like find the plates then the vest and the plates can be damaged and super rare. and if you shoot a guy in it only thing you can loot is the vest because the plates is fucked.it should also follow logic and only stop calibers that its intended to stop. other than that all the items u mentioned especially the camel pack should be in game have these beans sir.

I just love the idea of this new game! Battlefield: DayZ 

Yes this is the type of item that should be added, not kids backpacks. 

Great, so now fresh spawns have bulletproof water-backpacking bandits who can quick draw pistols to deal with!

In all honesty, these items sound great, but they would have to be really rare. Really really rare.

To a fresh spawn it makes no difference If I have a vest or not, he has no gun to shoot me. Which means he need to get close enough to punch me, and if the geared guy allows that he is a moron and deserves to die,

Edited by General Zod

Why keep the hydration system military? you can walk into most sports shops or hiking shops and purchase them and the idea for them came from the sporting world in the first place. 

All the items are good to add though 

Why keep the hydration system military? you can walk into most sports shops or hiking shops and purchase them and the idea for them came from the sporting world in the first place. 

All the items are good to add though 

agreed there should be both military and civilian hydration packs 

I just love the idea of this new game! Battlefield: DayZ 

Yep, it's common knowledge that all objects & weapons associated with military and government (or places of leadership in general) will completely vanish, without a trace, after social collapse happens. If a military has it (or has had it), it shouldn't be in DayZ.

Yep, it's common knowledge that all objects & weapons associated with military and government (or places of leadership in general) will completely vanish, without a trace, after social collapse happens. If a military has it (or has had it), it shouldn't be in DayZ.

Don't get that at all ?

Surely after any kind of collapse their will be a proliferation of arms and military equipment spread around the population?

It doesn't magically dissapear, we only have to look at countries in which there has actually been a collapse of regime and civil war; take for example Somalia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria etc and now Ukraine where civpop attacked military bases and police stations just to loot weapons and hardware.  

• Like 1

Don't get that at all ?

Surely after any kind of collapse their will be a proliferation of arms and military equipment spread around the population?

It doesn't magically dissapear, we only have to look at countries in which there has actually been a collapse of regime and civil war; take for example Somalia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria etc and now Ukraine where civpop attacked military bases and police stations just to loot weapons and hardware.  

I'm pretty sure he is being sarcastic. 

I really like your idea but don't you think they should be working on other stuff? Having more military gear is great but we need to have cars and other stuff to be added that we NEED. Anyways great idea and I like how you added images to show them what you need.

I really like your idea but don't you think they should be working on other stuff? Having more military gear is great but we need to have cars and other stuff to be added that we NEED. Anyways great idea and I like how you added images to show them what you need.

Cars and Aircraft are going to be awhile as they haven't even coded in the mechanics. Also if you look in this thread:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/199597-devs-use-arma-3-content-for-dayz-content/

Development time taken from adding,altering and revaluing skins from ArmA 3 won't take as much time as scratch building new content as they have already done that and several objects from ArmA 3 could be used to expand existing content.

I'm pretty sure he is being sarcastic. 

hhmmmm you never know on here whether its sarcasm or they really believe it :blink:

hhmmmm you never know on here whether its sarcasm or they really believe it :blink:

True, sometimes you read a full retard post and think, no... he is joking he must be and than bam, it turns out he's serious. 

• Like 1

Don't get that at all ?

I was being sarcastic to the guy who thought that adding more objects that can be associated with the military should not be in the game. Even if the devs had no military loot, plenty of non-military people have hydration packs and holsters, and even bullet proof vests (don't forget the police force, and the many military bases and camps scattered around the map). This stuff would make a good addition to the game.

Edited by Chaingunfighter
  • Like 1

lol

example: NEAF has sleeping space for how many military ?

right - so how many weapons should be lying around there, after "military and government" left ?

man - here where I live, every time I drive past the barracks I find military gear and weapons just lying around in heaps - but they have sleeping quarters for 800 men and its common knowledge they drop stuff all over the place IRL. Of course if they were evacuated theyd throw all their stuff away, that's what the military always do first.

gimme a break

[oh shit, I forgot - in real life they ALSO leave a ton shitload of armored vehicles behind. Dont that make your eyes bleed ?]

300px-3ACRPatrol%28OIF3%29.jpg

why are there no zombies in this image ?

( it's the wrong game, is why )

Edited by pilgrim

lol

right - so how many weapons should be lying around there, after "military and government" left ?

man - here where I live, every time I drive past the barracks I find military gear and weapons just lying around in heaps - but they have sleeping quarters for 800 men and its common knowledge they drop stuff all over the place IRL. Of course if they were evacuated theyd throw all their stuff away, that's what the military always do first.

gimme a break

[oh shit, I forgot - in real life they ALSO leave a ton shitload of armored vehicles behind. Dont that make your eyes bleed ?]

You're right, in real life they don't have to deal with a viral infection that kills off a large percentage of the population and turns many into infected creatures. Real military bases in places like Afghanistan and Iraq are able to clear out swiftly because there is not a looming threat just outside. In instances where bases have to clear out because of an attack, equipment often does get left behind, and shortly gets captured by enemy forces (Why do you think Syrian rebels have been seen with F2000s? They certainly didn't buy them themselves)

In an environment where there are zombies all over the place, nations would act to defend locations of importance. Yeah, the NEAF is not a major base of operations, but it wouldn't be very difficult for them to keep a few guards posted and have the rest of the on-site personnel ready to fight with AKMs.

It's not like you're finding heaps of weapons inside barracks at any bases, I've never seen more than 5-6 guns (most of which are pistols). That's not an extraordinary number for a base.

You're not taking into account that evacuations don't always happen in an orderly manner. Most of the time a force can pull out long before the threat reaches the base, but if they instead try to fight off the attack or are caught in a surprise attack, people will die, and you won't always get weapons out. It happened all over the place during Vietnam, that's why the NVA & Viet Cong had M16A1s & M14s that they had no other way of getting.

If all of the soldiers in an area are dead, what happens to their equipment? Does it just disappear? You're not taking into account the fact that no soldiers are still present in the area, but there are plenty of military zombies & remnants of chaos around.

And what would the solution be? Remove the military loot from the game? Run a simulation of the pre-apocalypse before the game starts & build the map off of that? (A cool idea, but the resources necessary for that would be extraordinary)

• Like 2

..//..

If all of the soldiers in an area are dead, what happens to their equipment? Does it just disappear?

..//..

Same thing as happens to the dead soldiers I guess ?

..//..

Why do you think Syrian rebels have been seen with F2000s?

..//..

Somebody gave them F2000s I guess ?

They came from FN Herstal in Belgium. Syrian army didn't buy any.

xx

(I hear what you're saying. Im not going to get involved in the "we want ArmA3 with maybe some zombies" argument again, there's already a thread and weapons don't give me a hard)

Edited by pilgrim

im not saying that it needs to be added NOW, but in sometime in the future. I just wanted to give you guys an idea

Same thing as happens to the dead soldiers I guess ?

Somebody gave them F2000s I guess ?

xx

(I hear what you're saying. Im not going to get involved in the "we want ArmA3 with maybe some zombies" argument again, there's already a thread and weapons don't give me a hard)

The weapons become zombies? I don't think so. That would be an interesting concept, though. Being attacked by guns themselves is something I've never seen before. It'd certainly destroy the "guns don't kill people argument" :P

The Syrian Rebels got the F2000s from soldiers that were killed or captured them from bases. And I agree with you, the game should not be based around super modern weapons (although I think a few wouldn't be bad considering they can be rare). However, I don't think adding bulletproof vests, leg holsters, or hydration pouches is turning the game into a "military game". If anything, things like the anti-stab vest and chest holster are more out of place (not that they're out of place, just moreso than what this thread is suggesting).

Too much military gear IMHO.

What's wrong with having more military gear? Should the variety of in-game items be limited because the focus needs to be on civilian items?

As long as they can limit the spawn-rate of things, I fail to see why having more stuff is going to cause problems. Military gear doesn't have to be more common for there to be a better selection of stuff.

Besides, things like bullet proof vests and holsters are fairly basic. It's not like anyone is asking for XM8s or Strela AA launchers.

• Like 1

lol

gimme a break

Let me stop you there. Items don't spawn on the pavement or in heaps next to military buildings in DayZ. You have to enter the buildings to get said items. The military bases in DayZ are direct ports from ArmA 2, which did not even have enough civilian living spaces in the cities and towns. The military bases need a face lift in the form of more admin buildings, Armories,messhalls,warehouses,fuel cells,firing ranges/range control towers and other infrastructure. Also as someone in the military I'll tell you, enter a living area of junior enlisted and you'll find shit scattered like LBV,uniforms,magazines,helmets,holsters all over the place in a disorderly fashion. Go to a deployed location or a military instillation on FPCON Delta, you will find gun racks filled with loaded weapons at various unit buildings,ECPs with machineguns to deter VIEDs or even rifles left in latrines or on bunks by their owners (it isn't supposed to happen, but yet happens often enough). Also weapons aren't autonomous and won't remove themselves if their master died or ran away in a panic.

What's wrong with having more military gear? Should the variety of in-game items be limited because the focus needs to be on civilian items?

As long as they can limit the spawn-rate of things, I fail to see why having more stuff is going to cause problems. Military gear doesn't have to be more common for there to be a better selection of stuff.

Besides, things like bullet proof vests and holsters are fairly basic. It's not like anyone is asking for XM8s or Strela AA launchers.

Couldn't agree more, we are dealing after all with what is meant to be a sovereign country which should, to all extents and purposes, have its own military and police. It then stands to reason that there will be military/LE equipment hanging around otherwise whats the point in creating military bases and police stations, plus in an apocolypse situation like this we would see a proliferation of this equipment as of course it would be used over larger areas not just confined to the bases.