Sign in to follow this  
hal269091

Torture in DayZ SA?

There shouldn't be any limits. If one isn't mature enough to deal with what may happen, then they should think about avoiding the game. There's obviously things that shouldn't be in the game that won't add anything to the game - I'm against adding rape in to the game, it brings no benefit to the game and people will go around raping each other for no reason. 

Edited by LigerRider

it brings no benefit to the game and people will go around raping each other for no reason. 

And people will go around torturing people for no reason as well, just like people KoS for no reason, or handcuff for no reason.  Hell, spawn camping became harassment in shooters.  People will do things to make sure others won't enjoy their time in video games because they can and these same people are most likely the exact same type of people in real life who bullied people around.  What people do at the cost of other people enjoyment is what they get their kicks from.

The game wouldn't be allowed for sale in most countries if,rape and torture would be included...

Sorry to burst your bubble,now thats been said move on tbh..

There was a thread about this a few months ago,come to the same conclusion...

Nothing has changed...

Rape and torture are against most laws so there illegal,so they cant be used.

• Like 1

Rape and torture are against most laws so there illegal,so they cant be used.

Well so is murder and killing, but we still have them in games...but I see your point, no publisher would dare to sell a game with such content because it most likely would get the game banned in most countries..

Well so is murder and killing, but we still have them in games...but I see your point, no publisher would dare to sell a game with such content because it most likely would get the game banned in most countries..

Tbh,i didn't think i would have to say this but i will..

Is it illegal to kill some1 in a war no its not..

Is it illegal to use rape in a war yes it is..

Sad but true theses are facts,not fiction,that's why we have games with killing in them to begin with..

So this subject can just stop tbh and mods can lock it..

Because even discussing this issue to be put into a game can offend a few people looking in..

If you want a game like this go build 1 then,but there is enough players on here if you look that wouldn't buy a game like it..

So close this topic,if you want a game like it build it yourself..

It would be commercial suicide to implement this into a game..

End of discussion tbh..

Tbh,i didn't think i would have to say this but i will..

Is it illegal to kill some1 in a war no its not..

Is it illegal to use rape in a war yes it is..

Sad but true theses are facts,not fiction,that's why we have games with killing in them to begin with..

So this subject can just stop tbh and mods can lock it..

Because even discussing this issue to be put into a game can offend a few people looking in..

If you want a game like this go build 1 then,but there is enough players on here if you look that wouldn't buy a game like it..

So close this topic,if you want a game like it build it yourself..

It would be commercial suicide to implement this into a game..

End of discussion tbh..

I think the mods can decide for themselfes when to lock posts and not, without the self acclaimed forum 'police' need to interfer....

If you are offended by people discussing this, then you can choose NOT to read and post in such threads, and let open minded people have the moral discussion and let the mods decide when to close threads or not...

Also, rape is one thing, but I would also like to discuss cannibalism introduced into the game, this thread fits good for all these things... I would love to see cannibalism in dayz. Then I would start a weird satanic sect that picks up freshpawns on the coast and kidnap them into the dark woods for weird rituals and then slay them and eat them afterwords...Would be great for some crazy roleplay..doesn't mean I would do such things in real life...human flesh is just too sweet for my taste :lol:

Edited by Kaboki

I beg to question, have you not played any GTA game? Guns, blow, hookers and all. There isn't a game out there like it where you can steal a car from an old man, run him over (and the priest standing next to him), head a couple of blocks down the street to pick up a hooker, fuck her, then kill her .....just to get $20 back. And that's all within about 2 minutes of playing the game. That doesn't mean that everyone who plays GTA is now going to become the worst possible human to live in a city near you. If you guys honestly think that video games are the absolute cause for people being fucked up in the head then you really need to spend some time talking to real life murderers, rapists, pedophiles, etc in prison. I am sure all of them would tell you they killed, raped or tortured people because the could never beat level 9 on The Legend of Zelda or because DayZ provided them with windex and spoiled food.

• Like 3

I think the mods can decide for themselfes when to lock posts and not, without the self acclaimed forum 'police' need to interfer....

If you are offended by people discussing this, then you can choose NOT to read and post in such threads, and let open minded people have the moral discussion and let the mods decide when to close threads or not...

Also, rape is one thing, but I would also like to discuss cannibalism introduced into the game, this thread fits good for all these things... I would love to see cannibalism in dayz. Then I would start a weird satanic sect that picks up freshpawns on the coast and kidnap them into the dark woods for weird rituals and then slay them and eat them afterwords...Would be great for some crazy roleplay..doesn't mean I would do such things in real life...human flesh is just too sweet for my taste :lol:

You seemed to be ill informed tbh.

Games can have ratings yer,but forums cant....

And anybody can access this forum,with a user account..

As to letting the mods decide its been done would you like me to link you to the thread?

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/199755-admins-please-delete-these-sorts-of-posts/

How can you have a MORAL discussion about something that is immoral?

Please tell me that..

And as to the GTA please re-read what i posted....

Then you can bring this dribble argument up again..

Nothing is illegal,only a moral standing is bad in that game..

So what? They still can CHOOSE not to read threads like this, and how does threads like this actually 'hurt' anyone? There is nothing in this thread even a 10year old can't read....Because, no one in this thread, no one is actually saying that people should rape anyone in REAL life. I just want everything that can happen in a real apocalypse to be possible in Dayz....

As to letting the mods decide its been done would you like me to link you to the thread?

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/199755-admins-please-delete-these-sorts-of-posts/

I have seen that thread, and the mods haven't closed this thread meaning nobody has stepped over the line and actually justified rape in REAL life.. One mod has even posted in this thread yesterday and it's still going strong, so your point is?

People have different views of what's morally justified to put into video games, what's immoral too you can be perfectly legit for me. Just like the poop discussion, the devs find that morally legit, but other people find that discusting and immoral or have taboos against such trivial things as pooping..

Edited by Kaboki

So what? They still can CHOOSE not to read threads like this, and how does threads like this actually 'hurt' anyone? There is nothing in this thread even a 10year old can't read....Because, no one in this thread, no one is actually saying that people should rape anyone in REAL life. I just want everything that can happen in a real apocalypse to be possible in Dayz....

I have seen that thread, and the mods haven't closed this thread meaning nobody has stepped over the line and actually justified rape in REAL life.. One mod has even posted in this thread yesterday and it's still going strong, so your point is?

People have different views of what's morally justified to put into video games, what's immoral too you can be perfectly legit for me. Just like the poop discussion, the devs find that morally legit, but other people find that discusting and immoral or have taboos against such trivial things as pooping..

You still seemed to be misinformed it doesn't matter if they choose to read it..

Its the fact its here in the first place which is bad enough...

Thats the first..

Because its a torture thread,where does rape fit in to that please enlighten me and other users..

And youare saying that its moral to rape some1 even in a game?

Are you?

Because what im going to do is now link this thread to a rape crises centre..

Then see how long it stays open you immature person you are..

There is no discussion or a good discussion on rape apart from seeing people that commit this crime being put away for a very long time,and in some parts of the world would mean death..

And last of all seeing how a 12 year old can tell the difference from right and wrong,cant they i will put you in this bracket..

You still seemed to be misinformed it doesn't matter if they choose to read it..

Well if the mods wanted to shut this thread down it would have been, so no matter how you look at it, it doesn't matter, it's not your decision...

Thats the first..

Because its a torture thread,where does rape fit in to that please enlighten me and other users..

Rape and torture aint so much different, so I think rape fits in a torture thread, we don't have a own thread for that. And isn't it nice to have all the 'bad' things in one thread instead of having 1 rape thread, 1 torture thread, 1 sex thread and 1 cannibal thread, makes it easier for soft haerted people like yourself to avoid such threads....

Are you? YES, in a game I find it not to be immoral, in REAL life on the other hand offcourse it's immoral, there a difference

There is no discussion or a good discussion on rape apart from seeing people that commit this crime being put away for a very long time,and in some parts of the world would mean death..

And last of all seeing how a 12 year old can tell the difference from right and wrong,cant they i will put you in this bracket..

Now your taking it too fucking far because now you almost start to accuse me of being a rapist and that I defend rapeing people for REAL, 1st I don't condone rape in real life and second offcourse it should be punished hard if people do it!!!!! In Norway where I come from most rapist and phedofiles gets away with 2 years, I want it to be life sentences for such crimes..!!

But that same old lame excuse of "if it's in a video game or movie it would inlfuence people to do it in real life" doesn't cut it for me....

If that was the case we should ban every movie game that has killing in them and only be allowed to watch religious TV and ban every book also that even hinting on murder. And there are shitloads of movies with rape, murder, torture in them and some of them even justifies it, but as soon at it's in a video game it's all the sudden sooooooo immoral and all that bullshit crap...

You should go and see Lars Von Triers movie "Antichrist" after that expirience having rape in Dayz would look harmless, because that movie is really fucking disturbing...even for my moral standards on what should be allowed in movies...

Edited by Kaboki

Well if the mods wanted to shut this thread down it would have been, so no matter how you look at it, it doesn't matter, it's not your decision...

Thats the first..

Rape and torture aint so much different, so I think rape fits in a torture thread, we don't have a own thread for that. And isn't it nice to have all the 'bad' things in one thread instead of having 1 rape thread, 1 torture thread, 1 sex thread and 1 cannibal thread, makes it easier for soft haerted people like yourself to avoid such threads....

Are you? YES, in a game I find it not to be immoral, in REAL life on the other hand offcourse it's immoral, there a difference

Now your taking it too fucking far beacuse now you almost start to accuse me of being a rapist and that I defend rapeing people for REAL, 1st I don't condone rape in real life and second offcourse and it should be punished hard if people do it!!!!! But that same old lame excuse of if  "it's in a video game or movie it would inlfuence people to do it in real life" doesn't cut it for me....

If that was the case we should ban every movie game that has killing in them and only be allowed to watch religious TV and ban every book also that even hinting on murder. And there are shitloads of movies with rape murder torure in them, but as soon at it's in a video game it's all the sudden sooooooo immoral and all that bullshit crap...

You sir are a idiot..

I would gladly be perm banned by calling you a fucking idiot tbh..

Because you are a FUCKING IDIOT....

To say rape and torture aint much different just goes to show my statement about the person you are in fact a FUCKING IDIOT....

Not once did i accuse you of rape moron go find it...

Because the biggest problem with video games is mum and dad don't play them and don't know what's going on in them..

And the ratings system has been proven to be abused by minors playing the game so i stand by this..

As to anything ive missed oh yer 1 thing YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT COMPARING RAPE AND TORTURE AS THE SAME LEVEL....

They a very different...

This is a torture thread read the topic tittle it says torture not rape..

Now i will gladly take my perm ban because of FUCKING IDIOTS like this moron tbh..

You sir are a idiot..

Lol, run out of arguments, so you have to start getting personal...You get too easily offended mate...you should disconnect from the internet right away.... :rolleyes:

To say rape and torture aint much different just goes to show my statement about the person you are in fact a FUCKING IDIOT....

I think they are equally bad in REAL life, so no in that sense I don't see much difference

But starting to almost add links to a rape center, I would say you almost went that far...

Because the biggest problem with video games is mum and dad don't play them and don't know what's going on in them..

And the ratings system has been proven to be abused by minors playing the game so i stand by this..

Then I blame mum and dad for not caring what' their kids are into, I never let my kids play GTA or other games that has an M rating. I blame the parents not the games...

As to anything ive missed oh yer 1 thing YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT COMPARING RAPE AND TORTURE AS THE SAME LEVEL....

They a very different...

So torture is okay for you?

Now i will gladly take my perm ban because of FUCKING IDIOTS like this moron tbh..

I don't think you'll get a perm ban for calling me an idiot, could be wrong tough :P 

Edited by Kaboki

Think it's time to yard this thread.  It went from a misinformed attempt at a discussion thinking that torture was an intended mechanic in the game, and asking how far things should go, to an argument between two people insulting each other about torture.

Before it's yarded I'll add in a couple more cents.

This is a one sided argument, especially on the rape 'front'.  Seriously, who can make a serious and logical argument for rape to be added to a survival game?  (Whereas killing and cannibalism can be argued for survival, if you argue that you need torture and rape to survive...then maybe you should do the world a favor and not survive.)  Both torture and rape wouldn't add anything to this game at all, and thats not even counting what it would take away form the game (bans in quite a few countries) they would only give the person acting out some crude fantasy in a game not designed to do so a means of getting their jollies.  It's not like you can torture someone to give you the location of their camp.  'TELL US WHER UR CLAN HELI IS!' 'How about no.' /logout

To those saying that Rape and Torture should NEVER be discussed, you are wrong.  Simply ignoring a problem will not make it go away.  Yes, sensitivity to victims and those that shouldn't take part in such discussions should come into play, but just outright denial won't help anything.  Then again this is a forum for a computer game, while there's many off topic subforums, this place will not be the best to have a logical discussion that's not riddled with 'lol rape is funny' and other troll posts.

While I could probably fill a page on the topic, I feel it'd be a waste of keystrokes for a topic headed for the yard (or at least a locking).  Hell, I kinda feel this and my last post were already a waste.

• Like 2

You sir are a idiot..

Lol, run out of arguments, so you have to start getting personal...You get too easily offended mate...you should disconnect from the internet right away.... :rolleyes:

I think they are equally bad in REAL life, so no in that sense I don't see much difference

But starting to almost add links to a rape center, I would say you almost went that far...

Then I blame mum and dad for not caring what' their kids are into, I never let my kids play GTA or other games that has an M rating. I blame the parents not the games...

They a very different...

So torture is okay for you?

I don't think you'll ge4t a perm ban for calling me an idiot, could be wrong tough :P 

How could i run out of arguments over retarded statement that you have made tbh..

By saying its ok to use rape which you think is on the same level as torture in the game is beyond me tbh..

And as a father of children you think its ok do you to have this in a game?

So should the devs put children in the game as well for you?

Why wouldn't i,because posts like yours that even think bout putting it into forums or even games should be..

No too butts about it..

Now look at your kids ok,i will say this what would YOU do if there was a link to a video game and what you think is ok to have in this game,then look at your kids again you FUCKING MORON..

Because there have been links to games and rl violence...

Or should i say people trying to blame and a way of defence..

Like i said i will gladly take a ban,because people such as yourself have no morale compass which has been shown in this thread..

If you think it was bad to link this thread in crisis centres put you full name and address in here then,im sure no harm will result from it or even if your next door neighbours thought or will think of you differently now..

Sorry Mike there is a massive difference from torture and rape no way bout it...

To even think about saying its ok to do it,is plain out wrong..

Even in a bloody video game..

People where trying to compare GTA the biggest problem people seem to forget,that most of them or the things in there are legal,the only problem is a morale compass.

Which is why the game was banned in alot of country's to start with,because once you push the boundary in this it becomes the norm..

As to eating other players ive said it would be ok,and you know why..Heck i would eat my wife if it come down to it..even my mother...

Because this is for survival,not anything else..

So how does rape help you survive in a game..

Edited by babypuncher71

This is a one sided argument, especially on the rape 'front'.  Seriously, who can make a serious and logical argument for rape to be added to a survival game?  (Whereas killing and cannibalism can be argued for survival, if you argue that you need torture and rape to survive...then maybe you should do the world a favor and not survive.)  Both torture and rape wouldn't add anything to this game at all, and thats not even counting what it would take away form the game (bans in quite a few countries)

No, it's not neccesary for survival, but it would happen in a real apocalypse, so I think the game should reflect that too(personal opinion). Then the 'heros' would even have more people to track down. Offcourse I know it would never happen because the world is not ready for it yet, so no publisher in their right mind would implement it because it would be banned in most countries. But nonetheless I think it should be open for discussion. Without having to begin namecalling and start personal attacks just because people disagree...

And im not seing 2 people insulting each other because of torture, what Im seing is 1 guy arguing to implement rape, torture and cannibalism, and another guy insulting that guy because he gets offended because someone would want such features in a video game ^_^

How could i run out of arguments over retarded statement that you have made tbh..

By saying its ok to use rape which you think is on the same level as torture in the game is beyond me tbh..

And as a father of children you think its ok do you to have this in a game?

So should the devs put children in the game as well for you?

Why wouldn't i,because posts like yours that even think bout putting it into forums or even games should be..

No too butts about it..

Now look at your kids ok,i will say this what would YOU do if there was a link to a video game and what you think is ok to have in this game,then look at your kids again you FUCKING MORON..

Because there have been links to games and rl violence...

Or should i say people trying to blame and a way of defence..

Like i said i will gladly take a ban,because people such as yourself have no morale compass which has been shown in this thread..

If you think it was bad to link this thread in crisis centres put you full name and address in here then,im sure no harm will result from it or even if your next door neighbours thought or will think of you differently now..

Sorry Mike there is a massive difference from torture and rape no way bout it...

To even think about saying its ok to do it,is plain out wrong..

Even in a bloody video game..

People where trying to compare GTA the biggest problem people seem to forget,that most of them or the things in there are legal,the only problem is a morale compass.

Which is why the game was banned in alot of country's to start with,because once you push the boundary in this it becomes the norm..

As to eating other players ive said it would be ok,and you know why..Heck i would eat my wife if it come down to it..even my mother...

Because this is for survival,not anything else..

So how does rape help you survive in a game..

Ain't gonna argue with a person that can't have a discussion without getting personal and start calling people idiots and morons just because you disagree on something...

Edited by Kaboki

No, it's not neccesary for survival, but it would happen in a real apocalypse, so I think the game should reflect that too(personal opinion). Then the 'heros' would even have more people to track down. Offcourse I know it would never happen because the world is not ready for it yet, so no publisher in their right mind would implement it because it would be banned in most countries. But nonetheless I think it should be open for discussion. Without having to begin namecalling and start personal attacks just because people disagree...

And im not seing 2 people insulting each other because of torture, what Im seing is 1 guy arguing to implement rape, torture and cannibalism, and another guy insulting that guy because he gets offended because someone would want such features in a video game ^_^

Ain't gonna argue with a person that can't have a discussion without getting personal and start calling people idiots and morons just because you disagree on something...

Awesome,so you have seen this is a survival game,and nothing more and rape doesn't fit into this game it has been told before..

So like i said there is no need for a discussion on this topic..

torture yes but even that has been hit on the head..

As to argue with some1 on a topic there is no argument..Because this topic if you look at the rules is forbidden...

No body is saying anything about the other 2 you seem to think it is,well its not

Go and read my posts,because all you seem to do is take it out of context..

Go on point out 1 post where i object to torture or cannibalism?

Please do it because like i said it shows what are you,you want me to repeat it again moron?

As to hero's this has also been discussed at length maybe use the search function..

As to be open for discussion go make your own game and forums and have what ever rules you want but while you are here you need to follow theses ones....

Which i seen that talking bout or trying get a thing in this game will result in a time away from here..

Awesome,so you have seen this is a survival game,and nothing more and rape doesn't fit into this game it has been told before..

It's a survival/zombie apocalypse, so it would be plausible to have such features as rape, torture and cannibalism because it would happen in a real apocalypse, and the more 'real as it gets' just adds more value into the game for me.

And I say it again, it's up to the mods to decide wether this discussion is against the rules or not, and so far no mod has closed it. Thank god it's up to the mods to censor things and not some self acclaimed 'forum' police that seem to like calling people morons and idiots just because he disagree. As I also said Im done arguing with a guy that calls me a moron and idiot just becasue you disagree so Im ignoring your posts from now on, don't even bother....you won't get any more responses from me. B)

Have a nice day sir

LMAO, you do realize that this game is world wide right. some countries wont let games with prescription drugs, gore, sexual content even be sold. so there will be little in all these categories if any thing at all.

Edited by pycco

LMAO, you do realize that this game is world wide right. some countries wont let games with prescription drugs, gore, sexual content even be sold. so there will be little in all these categories if any thing at all.

Yup, but doesn't mean we can't discuss these things even if it would never happen..I find the subject to be very intresting, and also how much people can handle before it becomes just too much...

well maybe you should read theses till then moron..

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/153786-forum-rules-roles-and-guidelines/

Im sure if you search any of the words like rape torture and cannibalism you will find what the mods have said in the past ...

As to adding value you seem to be liking the fact maybe this is a cross over from rl stuff hey..

Its good to see you wont post maybe you should go see a doctor tbh,because wanting this even in a game isnt right...

It went from a misinformed attempt at a discussion thinking that torture was an intended mechanic in the game, and asking how far things should go, to an argument between two people insulting each other about torture.

What you state is not true.

I never assumed nor stated that torture was or will be an intended mechanic in the game.

What I saw in a VIDEO on youtube gave me the proof, that the ability to torture other player IS in fact in the game - not by intention of the developers IMHO. Nevertheless real.

I was disgusted and I wanted to hear other players opinons about that fact.

This discussion has gone off topic by quite a bunch of posts.

1. It has at some place developed into a discussion about whether rape, cannibalism or the ability to dismember active avatars should be implemented or not. That was never my question. I used those just as an example what COULD theoretically be added for the sake of an ill-going realism. Just to make readers think about if torture (intended o not) MIGHT fall into the same category.

2. It has at some place developed into a discussion about legal issues. But I wanted to ask a question about morale and ethics - not about laws that might prevent a game to be sold appropriately in some contries.

3. There have been example of other games or media, with similar images shown. But I wanted to discuss about THIS game, not others. On top of that, we don't know if other games or media are right, that would require another discussion about the respective media. So please don't use them as examples, because they could be questionable as well.

To make it clear:

I am 100% sure that all those atrocities I mentioned to give EXAMPLES of how worse it could be in theory, if we would JUST think of realism and put that above anythig else, leaving morale and ethics aside, will NEVER EVER be in the game. And that's good.

I am 100% sure that none of the Devs EVER had or will have the intention to implement torture mechanics meant as torture mechanics.

But when I saw THIS video, it was my personal conclusion that, by 'misusing' game mechanics not intended to torture, you CAN in fact apply torture. I don't know if I am right or wrong, its just my personal feelings. And I wanted to find out if its just me, or if other players feel the same way. And if they won't, what would it need to have their individual border crossed.

If some of you don't consider this to be torture, so be it. If some of you find it funny, so be it. If some of you consider it to be softcore, so be it.

I am not and will not be judging - I am just asking questions.

So guys, please cool down and move back to topic. Please stop to discuss pros and cons of other things than the torture mentioned above, please stop to discuss what local laws might allow or prevent.

Please just tell your personal opinion about the 'torture-related' actions from that video, as well as similar ALREADY POSSIBLE game actions you can think of, but not shown in that clip. But not about stuff that IS not in the game and will as wll never make it there.

Of course you might have to mention those other atrocities to describe where your personal border is, but - please - stop discussing them as a possible addon to the game.

I know i am not a Moderator, so I cannot tell you what to do, and what not to discuss here. But I am the creator of this thread and so I beg you to stay on topic and use my thread as intended. Especially as everyone of you can easily open his own thread to discuss other stuff.

So please don't be offended but try to understand my intentions. Thanks.

PS: Especially don't spam my thread by calling other people names!!!!

Edited by hal269091

Its good to see you wont post maybe you should go see a doctor tbh,because wanting this even in a game isnt right...

Maybe you should see a doctor, because you worry to much about what other people say, can't be good for you, it could evolve into stress.... Take a chill pill and relax man....No one is forcing you to read this thread....

Oh no, what did I do, I promised myself to not post replys to you but here we go again ^_^ . A never ending circle of hearing how an idiot and moron I am and that I need to be examined by a doctor and alot of bullshit. Im perfectly mentally healthy but thanks for your concern, caring about others is good:)

@Kaboki, @babypuncher: Will you please stop ranting and insulting eachother, thus spamming my thread with posts, that don't lead to anything but having that thread closed soon????