Sign in to follow this  
hal269091

Torture in DayZ SA?

Couldn't bother with 4 pages of name-calling so I'll just drop my question in :

why Torture or Rape depictions in a survival game if a pair of handcuffs, and a "give me your gear or you are dead" is all that is needed to get the job done ?

I don't get it. None of it is needed.

Red

• Like 1

Maybe you should see a doctor, because you worry to much about what other people say, can't be good for you, it could evolve into stress.... Take a chill pill and relax man....No one is forcing you to read this thread....

Oh no, what did I do, I promised myself to not post replys to you but here we go again ^_^ . A never ending circle of hearing how an idiot and moron I am and that I need to be examined by a doctor and alot of bullshit. Im perfectly mentally healthy but thanks for your concern, caring about others is good:)

Maybe you should read the post above you....

As its been stated there are always unintended game mechanics,and this is 1 of them...

If you needed to help some1 with water how can you do it if the mechanic isnt there to begin with..

Same with blood bagging..can you kill another player with it yes was it intended no..

There is more...you cant have 1 with out there other tbh..thats the problem..

Sorry bud but if there are players like this moron wanting things that are bad..you will see posts like that..

Edited by babypuncher71

Not bothering to read previous post might sometimes result in missing the topic:

Rape is off discussion!

Torture is already IN the game to a degree, even though not intended as such. Please read my last post a few scrolls above and you might recognize the topic of this thread. Thanks.

Not bothering to read previous post might sometimes result in missing the topic:

Rape is off discussion!

Torture is already IN the game to a degree, even though not intended as such. Please read my last post a few scrolls above and you might recognize the topic of this thread. Thanks.

Is it in there yes was it intended no..its been stated before srs..

As to how many forms there is a few....

And shooting isnt what im talking about either..

Edited by babypuncher71

So guys, please cool down and move back to topic. Please stop to discuss pros and cons of other things than the torture mentioned above, please stop to discuss what local laws might allow or prevent.

Okay okay man. Then I say, I want torture to be implemented as a game mechanic, so just call me an idiot, moron, dickhead, pervert, mentally ill or whatever, I have started getting used to it B)  

Rape will NEVER NEVER NEVER be in DayZ, it's a fact. No one knows why rape is considered worse than killing, unless you consider how traumatized the person will be after, and how they could hurt other people. But this is a video game, and hopefully no one would jump off a bridge because their virtual survivor got violated by an online player. Even though I see nothing wrong with it, it is wrong, and should and will not be in DayZ and hopefully not in any other game. Torture, I'm all for. It would bring more realism to the game, but I would only use it for revenge, as I play as Chaotic Good and occasionally True Evil. I am in some ways insane, and I am truly sorry if anyone is offended by my post, but if my picture hasn't gotten me executed then this post should give me no worries. Rocket wouldn't like it if his game is banned in 60+ countries because of a scroll-wheel option, so we can all thank the door gods for their mercy and still have our rapeless game.

Hello there

One can emulate "torture" in game but Torture proper will never be implemented as a mechanic per se

Rgds

LoK

See again like i said use the search function..

Because this will never happen in a full blown mode..

Just like i think doing a turd in game is a good thing as well..

Because you would have to be with others or find a spot where you wouldn't be found..

Say the turd animation had a 30second timer,where are you going to do this in Berzino or Electro with gun fire going round your head..

I mean we trialed blood bagging with different types use in antiseptic spray ,you name it we tried it on others..to see what happened..

Was this inteneded no but like i said you cant have 1 without the other..

As bad as it is..

i think it gets too over the top what we have now is enough with handcuffing. Maybe if some rival groups had a vechicle or base in a real apocalyptic situation a bandit group would try to torture one of them for information but its not really possible in day z, more likely is take one member hostage and threaten their group or something like that.

@NickHutch: Rape is off discussion - so please stop talking about rape.

No one knows why rape is considered worse than killing, unless you consider how traumatized the person will be after, and how they could hurt other people. 

Go figure

Even though I see nothing wrong with it, it is wrong, and should and will not be in DayZ and hopefully not in any other game.

Talk about contradicting yourself:p

Torture, I'm all for. It would bring more realism to the game, but I would only use it for revenge, as I play as Chaotic Good and occasionally True Evil.

It could also potensially hurt people just as rape and certainly would traumatize people just like rape

I just found your post very contradicting and it amuzed me a little, because in the first sentence you talk about how rape will traumatize people, then further into your post, you see nothing wrong with it, but continue to say that it's wrong and should never be part of dayz. Then you proceed to say your all in for torture(like that wouldnt' traumatize people). I just found your post a little funny and contradicting that's all, it almost looks like your argueing a little with yourself here what's bad and whatnot :lol:

Edited by Kaboki

So I want to ask, if anyone gets bothered by the way the Standalone allows to torture other players, by handcuffing and poisoning them, or beating them while tied until they bleed out.

the game doesn't permit other players to torture you.

However, it permits you to let other players torture you, if that's what you want.

It permits free will. You always have a choice.

I'f you're sick enough to let someone handcuff you, that's up to you.

If you don't like it, log out with handcuffs on.

xx

Edited by pilgrim

the game doesn't permit other players to torture you.

However, it permits you to let other players torture you, if that's what you want.

It permits free will. You always have a choice.

I'f you're sick enough to let someone handcuff you, that's up to you.

If you don't like it, log out with handcuffs on.

xx

I tought getting kidnapped, handcuffed, getting a burlap sack over our head was part of the game, and logging out while in such a situation is considered being a bad sport(pussy). I prefer bandits that do some crazy shit with me instead of just KOS me and take all my shit wich is boring. I find it entertaining and it adds more to the game than just kill or be killed....We need more roleplay and less KOS, and kidnap people I consider good roleplay.

I have always liked dayz because of the weird situations and people that one meets in the game adds, If it wasn't for people abuseing people and being creative with what they have this game would have been just plain boring.

I love all the diversety I meet in dayz, friendly people, naive people, nervous paranoid trigger happy people, bandits, heroes, lone wolfs, phsycopats, axe killers lurking in the night and heck, even the KOS'ers. We need all these roles to make this game intresting+the zombies and survival aspect on top of that...

Edited by Kaboki

..//..

I prefer bandits that do some crazy shit with me instead of just KOS me and take all my shit wich is boring. I find it entertaining and it adds more to the game than just kill or be killed....

..//..

no prob - if you like bondage, go for it. It can be fun. Meet people.

My own personal roleplay, which is 100% roleplay in this game, is that NO bastard is ever going to handcuff ME.

so when people say "this game permits rape" I don't get it at all. They just wrong.

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

Im pretty sure if you log out with handcuffs on you lose your stuff ...

Its the same if your knocked out,but try it to see if its the same still..

If a player asks me to surrender wont happen..will punch my way out if need be..

Bloody well said Pilgrim well said..

Edited by babypuncher71
  • Like 1

My own personal roleplay, which is 100% roleplay in this game, is that NO bastard is ever going to handcuff ME.

So you log out if you get kidnapped? If so, how is that even good roleplay?, it could happen in a real apocalypse so why don't you just roleplay the situation you gotten yourself into....

No this game does not permit rape, has anyone ever said that?(personally wish that it also was one of the game mechanics and that it also had torture and cannibalism)

If a player asks me to surrender wont happen..will punch my way out if need be..

Well, that could easily be circumvented by shooting you in the leg so that your bone breaks, then you can be handcuffed while you try to crawl your way outta there....lol

Edited by Kaboki

..//..

I would be very interested in hearing your opinions, especially if the would come supported by reasonable counter-arguments. Not just related to the Standalone, but to the questions asked above applied to online video games in general, too.

..//..

ok let's get this straight. There are a lot of people have a messed up idea of what is a video game.

I CAN NOT carry out an act of violence against another player in a video game.

Violence is strictly defined by LAW in all rule-of-law countries

I am alone in front of a computer screen, the other player is far away, I have never seen them, I have no idea of their location, we are not and have never been in physical proximity. I cannot act violently towards them or cause them harm either by error or intent.

In a game of chess, if I take the opponent's queen I am NOT committing an act of violence or physical aggression against the other player.

It is perfectly clear that a video game offers NO oportunity for violence, rape, murder etc.. AS IT IS DEFINED IN REALITY

(and reality is where we live, ok?)

In fact, a game of tennis is MUCH more violent than any video game, it might even be possible to hurt another player by error or intent in a game of TENNIS. In a video game it is not.

ok, so that ends that line of inquiry.

Now if you are talking about simulation or fantasy, then START AGAIN and say what is is you think is respectable or disgusting about fantasy in video games. Because the legal REAL LIFE field here is moral censorship, not acts of violence.

I agree there should be an enforced moral concensus about what fantasies people are allowed to share with others, but you will have to work out your own ideas here first before you present them to other people. For myself (example) I have NO fantasies about shooting people in the head and I consider it a very unpeasant action, inhuman, messy, horrible and not something I condone at all. I am REALLY EXTREMELY STRONGLY AGAINST IT. But I do it in the game.

As you can not force people to play a video game or even watch the screen, there CAN NOT be "rape" in a video game, not even simulated rape if you define "rape" as being against the will of the victim. You are talking about "nasty" consensual vicarious fantasy experiences which consenting players wish to experience (and "nasty" being your own possibly justified evaluation). You should wonder (or research) what people are doing when they share this type of game experience and what happens in their heads. When you have an undestanding of the psychological mechanism of video gameplay, come back and tell us about it and we will be in a position to agree or disagree.

or at least have a meaningful discussion

or a discussion at any rate.

I wish people could get their heads straight about this stuff.

xx respect

pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim

@NickHutch: Rape is off discussion - so please stop talking about rape.

Go read your #1

Locked.

• Like 2