Sign in to follow this  
gaerteuth

Would the G3 Rifle ruin the game?

I would prefer if there were no 7.62 semi-automatic or automatic sniper rifles in the game.

Tough shit, the SVD is already in development and confirmed. The power of a Mosin, with the PSO scope and (at least) 10-round magazines. They also make 20-round mags for the SVD, so considering we have high-capacity options for the other rifles it would make sense for those to be a rare find in the game.

Edited by wartzilla

The G3 is an awesome rifle, common all over the world and has considerable recoil (though not much for a 7.62x51). Why the hell not? As long as it doesn't get a scope, we'll be fine.

Pretty much the battle rifles should be iron sight and red dot sight only.

Leave the high powered optics to bolt actions and rifles with limited sized magazines.

Pretty much the battle rifles should be iron sight and red dot sight only.

Leave the high powered optics to bolt actions and rifles with limited sized magazines.

After camping up around Svetlo for a while with a pristine mosin, scope and compensator, yes, I agree.

G3 should be without scope. And I would prefer if there were no 7.62 semi-automatic or automatic sniper rifles in the game.

Or the scopes could just be a rarer find. I mean, I'd certainly be fine if the G3 had limited customization, because it would definitely be on the lower end of battle rifles and wasn't ever built to accept tons of attachments, but scopes for the G3 do exist.

It's not like the fact that the G3 is semi-auto will make a huge difference anyway. A good sniper shouldn't need to take multiple shots to take someone out, and the G3's hefty recoil will ensure that just spraying long range will not be effective.

It wouldn't be a long range weapon like the Mosin anyway. The best it would be is a DMR, and you'd have to work to make it such. That's why there's no real problem in having a variety of attachments for simple guns, like the AK. Yes, you can take the time to build up your rifle, but there are also higher grade weapons that do that for you. That's the balance.

• Like 1

Which doesn't mean we need every gun or caliber in the game. There's plenty of modern-day weapons and warfare "that are not fair" that people have to deal with. DayZ is still a game and needs at least a certain balance. That's why I'm against humvees, apaches and the like.

Humvees and apaches are quite different you know, for example in an apache you can hover out of small arms fire and take out 8 vehicles before they know you are there, whereas in a humvee you are vulnerable to attacks with a decreased situational awareness with the possibility of mounting a machinegun position vulnerable to 360 degree small arms fire. Humvees will most likely be added just perhaps with no MGs, apaches won't. 

Full-auto mosin. There's a point where immersion crosses into balance's breeding grounds, and that'll happen if the G3 can 1 hit kill on full-auto.

Besides, the G3 could be used as an upgrade to the SKS. Rarer ammo and weapon, but mostly direct stat upgrades.

You know, I'd enjoy an AVT-40. An SVT-40 is hopefully somewhere in the future. With all the talk of making a G3 semi-automatic you could just add in an L1A1, but you'd be much less likely to find an L1A1 in Chernarus I think seeing as it's mostly a commonwealth weapon. I'd use no other weapon than a Rhodesian L1A1 if I could get my hands on one.

Which doesn't mean we need every gun or caliber in the game. There's plenty of modern-day weapons and warfare "that are not fair" that people have to deal with. DayZ is still a game and needs at least a certain balance. That's why I'm against humvees, apaches and the like.

I never said anything about every caliber, though I do feel once we have more loot spawning on servers etc they should make every weapon fire the ammo it fires IRL, this isn't as big an undertaking as it sounds, we already have pretty much all the common rifle calibres.

There's a big line between Humvees/Apaches and an old 7.62mm Battle Rifle. Like, they changed the anims for weapon holding etc to replicate that the survivors are not of a military background and have no training, why would they be able to fly an Apache, and why would there be an Apache left in Chernarus though a UAZ or pickup with a DSHK or even PKM attached would be grand, as they leave the gunner horrifically exposed, and make sense in the setting that Chernarus provides.

The bottom line is, this is DayZ, it isn't like any shooter or RPG or MMO or whatever that you've played, not even like ArmA the game series it was born from, you don't get to pick weapons that match you up to the opposition, you start with zilch and scavenge, if you get lucky and find a chopper wreck or western military spawn and get a lucky G3, you deserve an advantage over me and my farmhouse looted Sporter 22 in terms of fire power

I never said anything about every caliber, though I do feel once we have more loot spawning on servers etc they should make every weapon fire the ammo it fires IRL, this isn't as big an undertaking as it sounds, we already have pretty much all the common rifle calibres.

There's a big line between Humvees/Apaches and an old 7.62mm Battle Rifle. Like, they changed the anims for weapon holding etc to replicate that the survivors are not of a military background and have no training, why would they be able to fly an Apache, and why would there be an Apache left in Chernarus though a UAZ or pickup with a DSHK or even PKM attached would be grand, as they leave the gunner horrifically exposed, and make sense in the setting that Chernarus provides.

The bottom line is, this is DayZ, it isn't like any shooter or RPG or MMO or whatever that you've played, not even like ArmA the game series it was born from, you don't get to pick weapons that match you up to the opposition, you start with zilch and scavenge, if you get lucky and find a chopper wreck or western military spawn and get a lucky G3, you deserve an advantage over me and my farmhouse looted Sporter 22 in terms of fire power

NO. A FRESH SPAWN WITH A WRENCH SHOULD BE COMPLETELY 100% MAXIMUM EQUAL TO A GUY WITH AN M249 IN A CHOPPER!!!!11111one

MELEE NEEDS TO BE ANTI AIR WEPAONS!!!!!111111

That's the logic of people here, sometimes.

Edited by Chaingunfighter
  • Like 3