Grimey Rick

Why do you push?

I mean, yeah. Breaching shouldn't be an option for soloing. But I'm talking as a group. People holed up in a building take forever to clear. Not that's is hard or easy, that depends on the defenders, but it takes forever regardless.

1. I do that now.

2. Explosives SHOULD be an option. Doubt they'd ever do it right though.

3. Do that now, lol.

they just have to make having explosives as rare as satchels were in vanilla. if they make ti truly hard to craft them or have the supplies for them it'd be okay, but everyone and thier brother shouldn't have one.

I loved colapsing buildings on fools in the mod, but it also took a clan of 500 people weeks to come up with a handful of satchels. thats how rare they should be. Ofc duping needs to be sorted once and for all this time around when storage becomes a thing. vanilla mod was fine (even with legit AS50's) up untill the moment that everyone learned all teh ways to dupe. this things that were supposed to be more rare then a flying unicorn became common place.

yes of course. suppose you are in a town (svetlo is good as there are a lot o fresh peeps usually) that is crawling with people but no one has spotted you yet when your wife, gf, bf, whoever calls you away from your game for an extended period. do you really want to give away your position to log out for real life matters when no one in the game even has a clue you are there?? I don't.

If you have a real world interruption, you should get yourself out of that town before you log out. The game should not allow players to cheat (combat log) just so everyone else has the convenience of being able to log out safely every time they want to smoke a cigarette or take a shit.

Dying once or twice to poorly planned logouts would be more than worth it to me if it kept people from just disappearing from the game without a trace. I've had so many ambushes never come to fruition because the guy that I'm stalking never leaves his building. He's just disappeared and there was no way for me to know. Probably the most frustrating part of the game currently.

yes of course. suppose you are in a town (svetlo is good as there are a lot o fresh peeps usually) that is crawling with people but no one has spotted you yet when your wife, gf, bf, whoever calls you away from your game for an extended period. do you really want to give away your position to log out for real life matters when no one in the game even has a clue you are there?? I don't.

I agree on this one, I can plan as carefully as a person can to get some completely clear time to play DayZ, but if my girlfriend needs me for something I can't exactly ignore her, life has a way of being complicated.  I like that you can log in with no noise now because it means I can log out from a safe place and go do what I need to do, come back and log back in without fear of someone hearing me and popping a cap in my ass.  On the other hand, I think it makes ghosting a real problem again, even with logout timers and log in penalties, fire fights and stand off's tend to last quite a while.  

As for pushers, I think maybe they are just using DayZ to fill a hole that real life can't fill, I know I do.  Maybe all some people want to do is run screaming towards a building to kill the person inside.

I realize that it doesn't take much effort to gear up at the moment so we might as well take calculated risks, but doesn't the half hour process of finding another gun and attaining healthy status sway your decision making process even in the slightest

For me, no. I find most of my enjoyment in the game right now scavenging.

Offense should always be slightly stronger than defense for the sake of gameplay. Breaching isn't impossible right now, but the stalemates have to go.

I play hardcore so the stand offs are, IMO, probably more hectic and sphincter clenching. In 3pp, how are you supposed to breach if the guy can have his gun raised around the corner, and the only thing he has to do to kill you is tap Q and left click quickly? How could you push up on someone that can clearly aim at you while fully suppressed?

I don't mean to drag this discussion down into another 1pp>3pp argument, but I feel like pushing and breaching as a whole is dramatically affected by the inclusion or exclusion of 3pp from the equation. Anyone else agree?

they just have to make having explosives as rare as satchels were in vanilla. if they make ti truly hard to craft them or have the supplies for them it'd be okay, but everyone and thier brother shouldn't have one.

I loved colapsing buildings on fools in the mod, but it also took a clan of 500 people weeks to come up with a handful of satchels. thats how rare they should be. Ofc duping needs to be sorted once and for all this time around when storage becomes a thing. vanilla mod was fine (even with legit AS50's) up untill the moment that everyone learned all teh ways to dupe. this things that were supposed to be more rare then a flying unicorn became common place.

No. Improvised grenades should be relatively easy to make. The grenades in the mod were incredibly common, kill atleast 3 soldier zombies, have a grenade. 

Grenades NEED to be implemented ASAP. That's how real fire fights devolve into in real life when fighting against an entrenched defender. You use grenades and smoke to dislodge the defender, frighten them, shake their resolve. We have nothing that is capable of doing that right now. I don't want satchels, satchels were awful in the mod, rare and completely useless in almost every circumstance. Give me grenades over a satchel everyday. Grenades are useful, have a proper purpose AND are fun.

Rushing is a lot harder then waiting.. So if your looking for a challenge. GO ALL OUT!!!
Also combat logging is annoying..

If you have a real world interruption, you should get yourself out of that town before you log out. The game should not allow players to cheat (combat log) just so everyone else has the convenience of being able to log out safely every time they want to smoke a cigarette or take a shit. 

Yeah bro mate, the wifey just sliced half her finger off in the kitchen and needs to be driven to the emergency room. Oh, just hold on wifey, gimme 10 mins to run out of town and find a safe place to log.

There are actually more important matters that come up in real life than smoking and shitting- And there are MANY things in real life that are more important than a video game, but does that mean I deserve to risk losing days worth of work on a character just because I'm having a heart attack?

Maybe we should just have persistent characters that stay in the world even while we're logged off, that's should stop those pesky c-loggers.[/sarc]

I play hardcore so the stand offs are, IMO, probably more hectic and sphincter clenching. In 3pp, how are you supposed to breach if the guy can have his gun raised around the corner, and the only thing he has to do to kill you is tap Q and left click quickly? How could you push up on someone that can clearly aim at you while fully suppressed? 

I don't mean to drag this discussion down into another 1pp>3pp argument, but I feel like pushing and breaching as a whole is dramatically affected by the inclusion or exclusion of 3pp from the equation. Anyone else agree? 

100% agreed on that.. but honestly I see no problem at the moment, if you don't want to vs people who exploit 3rd person view just play HC (as you do.. problem solved lol).

I'm legitimately curious. I'd give an honest estimate that 80% of my kills in DayZ have been due to people overextending themselves. If I'm defending a position, what makes you think you can rush me? Is it pride? Ego? Too much Counter-Strike and not enough ARMA?

I realize that it doesn't take much effort to gear up at the moment so we might as well take calculated risks, but doesn't the half hour process of finding another gun and attaining healthy status sway your decision making process even in the slightest? Wouldn't you rather wait for an opportune chance to strike strategically than to rush me like a moron hoping to pop off some random miracle from the barrel of your gun?

TELL ME!

smiley-1-1.jpg

I push because I cant seem to read the sign on the doors that says pull instead of push....

Boy do i look like an ass pushing instead of pulling.

• Like 1

Yeah bro mate, the wifey just sliced half her finger off in the kitchen and needs to be driven to the emergency room. Oh, just hold on wifey, gimme 10 mins to run out of town and find a safe place to log.

There are actually more important matters that come up in real life than smoking and shitting- And there are MANY things in real life that are more important than a video game, but does that mean I deserve to risk losing days worth of work on a character just because I'm having a heart attack?

Maybe we should just have persistent characters that stay in the world even while we're logged off, that's should stop those pesky c-loggers.[/.

If your wife/gf seriously injured herself and needed a ride to the hospital, I would hope that your dayz character would be the last thing on your mind. Most shooters don't reward you for leaving a game halfway through, why should dayz?

If your wife/gf seriously injured herself and needed a ride to the hospital, I would hope that your dayz character would be the last thing on your mind.

Granted. But I don't think the 1 second it takes to press ESC and click exit would have a major effect on the outcome of the RL situation, whereas your suggestion could potentially have a major effect on seeing a black screen with "You Are Dead" next time you log in.

Also note, that was merely an overly dramatic example. There are plenty of situations that are less dire than serious injury but still need more immediate attention than having a smoke or shit. Just accept the undeniable fact that sometimes, some players don't have perfect control over where or when they log out. PC crash. Modem crash. On call and get paged. Lost track of time and running late for whatever. Blowjobs. And many many other reasons why someone who may have thought they were going to be on for another hour suddenly needs to log out and doesn't have 10 minutes to find safe cover.

Most shooters don't reward you for leaving a game halfway through, why should dayz?

Ah, sorry. I wasn't aware that DayZ was a shooter. I was under the impression that it was a survival game that just happens to include guns.

Also.. Not being punished ≠  being rewarded.

• Like 1

Granted. But I don't think the 1 second it takes to press ESC and click exit would have a major effect on the outcome of the RL situation, whereas your suggestion could potentially have a major effect on seeing a black screen with "You Are Dead" next time you log in.

Also note, that was merely an overly dramatic example. There are plenty of situations that are less dire than serious injury but still need more immediate attention than having a smoke or shit. Just accept the undeniable fact that sometimes, some players don't have perfect control over where or when they log out. PC crash. Modem crash. On call and get paged. Lost track of time and running late for whatever. Blowjobs. And many many other reasons why someone who may have thought they were going to be on for another hour suddenly needs to log out and doesn't have 10 minutes to find safe cover.

Ah, sorry. I wasn't aware that DayZ was a shooter. I was under the impression that it was a survival game that just happens to include guns.

Also.. Not being punished being rewarded.

Touché. But are the negative side affects to gameplay worth protecting the rare IRL needs that super cede the desire for quality gameplay?

Who cares if you die, then? When your 'wife, gf, bf, whoever' calls you away from a game for an 'extended period' of time I am pretty sure its probably worth the loss.  B)

Touché. But are the negative side affects to gameplay worth protecting the rare IRL needs that super cede the desire for quality gameplay?

i think an extended combat timer similar to the one on in vanilla mod would work.

Any bullets fired near you or you fire = 60s timer. every aditional combat action resets it to 60. ALT-F4 or anything other then proper log out with 5s dealy also results in incuring the 60s timer.

by this means simply firing into the building would keep combat logger "in combat" indefinately, and thus his dummy character there free for the looting/killing.

Edit: TL;DR i only want to force dealy on people actively enaged, PERIOD. all the servers with proximity, huge log off delays when not in combat, zombie proximity, etc were horrendously annoying in the mod.

Edited by Sovetsky