Sign in to follow this  
rickyriot

How do you deal with rubberbanding? (Exp)

So for the last 3 days I've been stuck in Grishino due to rubber banding. I got into the town easily enough, but once I entered the police station I just couldn't get out. I tried all many different ways of exiting the building and then moving away from it, and at different speeds. I have logged out then logged back in again and even swapped servers but to no avail. I honestly feel "trapped" now. I have managed to get out of the police station but now I am stuck in the building to the west of it and the truth is I really can't be fucked spending another 3 days just to get 10 feet further away from where I started.

I guess that the devs will have to patch this as it's simply unplayable in parts (as I can testify to), although I should point out that this is the only place I've found it to be so bad - I've rubberbanded elsewhere on the map but nothing to this extent, but until that happens how else do other people deal with this? And what is the longest you have been stuck in a rubber band situation.

• Like 1

I have no problem if I walk slowly to the exit then for ten seconds more outside. Yes, if I just run out, I get stuck in as well.

I have no problem if I walk slowly to the exit then for ten seconds more outside. Yes, if I just run out, I get stuck in as well.

I would say that works for most of the map for me as well. However for some reason the police station at Grishino is a real bugger for it. I can walk in incremental (walk, stop, walk, stop, etc) and it still plonks me back.

Hm, not only the police station, although it's more prone to bug you since it has many rooms, but the metal warehouses too were a problem for me, especially if I went upstairs into the room. Try to use walk as in the actual walk keybind, not just W to run for a milisecond and stop then repeat and make it seem you walk slowly out of the building. Maybe it helps.

hmm... i only rubberbanded 3 times in 10+ hours of experimental

when i did, it seemed like the server didnt want me to enter a in size varying sector, so i just walked around it

Problem resolved. I managed to get out of the banding area after days of trying only to be shot from some KoS fucktard within seconds. I'm not annoyed that whoever shot me was a fucking dick, despite my language, more annoyed that I was so happy at escaping the constant rubber banding that I wasn't looking for camping little shits.

Sometimes for me if I start getting rubber banded I will move a little, drink a soda, move some more, eat some food. This way the server is registering me eating and drinking in those spots. I am probably wrong but "it works 60% of the time every time" hehe. Also try to walk wide around corners and rails inside buildings while also going slow.

I have had little to no rubberbanding comparatively, it happening to me maybe once every hour or two.

99% of this games bugs, glitched deaths, rubberbanding, and all it's general problems are solved by having a strong enough PC with a FAST SSD in it.

And it's got to be a real challenge for the devs trying to figure out if every reported glitched death was actually a glitch or a result of a WIP game that's pulling raw files from storage at varying speeds, causing issues.

Both of my characters (hardcore, and regular) in the experimental have been rubberbanded into the room in the police station that is borded up.... So they are stuck there until they starve.... yaaaay testing!

I've been rubberbanded into that same room. I wish they would make the doors destroyable so that we can get out of rooms that doesn't have doors that can be opened. I'm stuck and will probably stop playing on hardcore since my character is energized and hydrated and I don't want to wait hours/days since it's hard to move enough in the room to thirst/starve to death.

I got stuck in the 2nd floor middle room of the police station. I kept shooting out the window hoping I'd get someone's attention. Ended up logging out facing the door, then spamming W when I relogged; that always works for me.

If you are in a safe enough area I tend to walk through doorways and then stand outside the doorway for a little bit, if that doesn't work, crawling through and out the door has helped me most of the time. The police station is awful for it right now, I tend to just stay away from it.

Play on Stable until its fixed? Beside the joke however, the slow down crouch or taking a totally different path seems to be the onyl reliable way, most of the time anyway!

What I do is I go back to playing stable although that's boring at the moment because there's nothing to do in stable, I've exhausted all the available content. Giving Dayz a break for a few months and playing something else works wonders.

Edited by Longs