Lyhome

Bleeding Out-

There should be an alternate option to stop bleeding, if you run out of bandages. Such as applying pressure to the wound, or being able to tear fabric and McGyver some shit from furniture. Also I don't think you should bleed out from 12k blood to nothing. You seriously need to stop bleeding at some point, even in life we would never bleed out that much, sure we would lose a decent amount of blood but the cut would heal over and dry up naturally. If you guys are so set on being realistic then the bleeding NEEDS to stop.

I meant more so the cancerous place you do so belong. You're not very smart with that thing we call common sense are you? Now stop posting your cancerous shit in my threads, I have things to suggest which don't need your poor and utterly pointless opinion. Also, I've been shot to death, there is no real way to prevent that. All though bleeding from 12000 blood for 15 minutes? Yea, I don't think so. Most deaths are simply because people don't have bandages or don't know how to use them. Go preach your bullshit elsewhere realism [redacted].

The problem with people like your good self is that you don't see how terrible you are at this and when anyone tries to put the smelling salts under your nose, you start shrieking "troll" and pepper your comebacks with slick terms like [redacted].

Your ideas are terrible , whinging, nonsense that would seek to dilute the experience of this game. Go away and play something else, your 'input' is a repost of a repost ( because search functions are so hard right?) of a terrible idea made by people who can't handle a little edge to their gaming.

Go troll the internet instead of the suggestion board fool.

Just because he brings up a point doesn't mean he's trolling. Yes, smaller wounds would clot on their own, but depending on what causes you to bleed, you'd need to do more than just wait it out. Perhaps have it so that a small enough bleed will slow down and plug itself, but if you take damage that causes a bigger bleed, then you need to fix it.

As for other methods, maybe there can be a way to cauterize the wound. It would cause damage when you do it, so it wouldn't be ideal, but when you're out of bandages it'd be better than just dying to blood loss.

He does have a point though - a bullet wound wouldnt simply dry up. And to be honest a simple bandage wouldnt be much good either.

I see your point however - if we can stop bleeding with a bandage why couldnt we stop it with a rag, your shirt or just by holding it for 5 minutes?

I suppose the game needs some mechanics and at the moment the only way is by using magical bandages.

Don't like the suggestion, don't bother bumping my thread. It's quite clear you're a troll you've smashed two of my threads now simply because you saw my name. I can easily handle "A little edge" in fact, I've only died once by bandit. As well, you can never dilute a game by adding more features you can simply only make it better. This is a SUGGESTION board for a reason. I'll gladly voice my opinions and I don't give a fuck if you dislike my ideas. Better to provide then simply to bitch and cry about how it will ruin the experience. Also, it's pretty clear you're a try hard fag otherwise why else would you act like such an angry, unloved, spiteful tool? I don't use the word fag as a homophobic term, simply an insult that aggravates you and it has clearly done it's job. I shan't argue with you any more though as you're a waste of my time this bickering back and forth is truly pathetic on your part.

[redacted]

I meant more so the cancerous place you do so belong. You're not very smart with that thing we call common sense are you? Now stop posting your cancerous shit in my threads' date=' I have things to suggest which don't need your poor and utterly pointless opinion. Also, I've been shot to death, there is no real way to prevent that. All though bleeding from 12000 blood for 15 minutes? Yea, I don't think so. Most deaths are simply because people don't have bandages or don't know how to use them. Go preach your bullshit elsewhere realism [redacted'].

Hello. During my nurse training I witnessed a man bleed out completely through a central line he had opened. It took about a minute, then there was about four liters of blood on the bathroom floor.

It doesn't 'dry up', it really doesn't.

I meant more so the cancerous place you do so belong. You're not very smart with that thing we call common sense are you? Now stop posting your cancerous shit in my threads' date=' I have things to suggest which don't need your poor and utterly pointless opinion. Also, I've been shot to death, there is no real way to prevent that. All though bleeding from 12000 blood for 15 minutes? Yea, I don't think so. Most deaths are simply because people don't have bandages or don't know how to use them. Go preach your bullshit elsewhere realism [redacted'].

Hello. During my nurse training I witnessed a man bleed out completely through a central line he had opened. It took about a minute, then there was about four liters of blood on the bathroom floor.

Did I say a life threatening injury? Basic cuts dry and scab.

the cut would heal over and dry up naturally.

Can I shoot you in the chest and we see how long it takes for it to dry up?

+1

I think we can safely assume that when you're bleeding in Day Z it isn't from a basic cut. If that was the case we'd start bleeding from every other bush we run through.

These are injuries inflicted by bullets or zombies. Neither of which do I imagine simply drying up on you. However it wouldn't be an entirely bad idea to allow more makeshift bandaging options I suppose. Still it would be a move away from the scavenging aspect of the game. I think it's probably best that we have to find what we need in order to survive.

Did I say a life threatening injury? Basic cuts dry and scab.

I think the ingame bleeding is supposed to reflect life threatening injuries. That's why we can, you know, die from it. When that cross is blinking, it's not a papercut.

Don't like the suggestion' date=' don't bother bumping my thread. It's quite clear you're a troll you've smashed two of my threads now simply because you saw my name. I can easily handle "A little edge" in fact, I've only died once by bandit. As well, you can never dilute a game by adding more features you can simply only make it better. This is a SUGGESTION board for a reason. I'll gladly voice my opinions and I don't give a fuck if you dislike my ideas. Better to provide then simply to bitch and cry about how it will ruin the experience. Also, it's pretty clear you're a try hard [redacted']otherwise why else would you act like such an angry, unloved, spiteful tool? I don't use the word [redacted]as a homophobic term, simply an insult that aggravates you and it has clearly done it's job. I shan't argue with you any more though as you're a waste of my time this bickering back and forth is truly pathetic on your part.

Goodbye, [redacted]

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSStZxWAmJaGc5dK_pypya_lh04E0DWJOmNsEkcE7vfwWgZ8CCG

I lol'd so hard at this, +1 to your reply..

Also, op, you are the one here raging and shitposting. You are very negative towards people who give their opinion on your suggestions.

Bleeding to death from minor bleeding is absurd. Lower the chance of bleeding from zombies then.

Bleeding to death from minor bleeding is absurd. Lower the chance of bleeding from zombies then.

I think the ingame bleeding is supposed to reflect life threatening injuries. That's why we can' date=' you know, die from it. When that cross is blinking, it's not a papercut.

[/quote']

I agree with OP, bleeds out too quickly. Right now it takes about 10-15 seconds to bleed out, should be more like 2-3 minutes.

I agree with OP' date=' bleeds out too quickly. Right now it takes about 10-15 seconds to bleed out, should be more like 2-3 minutes.

[/quote']

From full to dead? No, it takes a lot longer than that. Heck, I've had to ditch zombies while bleeding, something which takes at least a minute if you aren't right next to a building to run through, and was still able to patch myself up before I got below 8k.

The current system is fine as-is. If you're taking damage so consistently that you need more bandages than what you're finding, then you need to play more carefully.

From full to dead? No' date=' it takes a lot longer than that. Heck, I've had to ditch zombies while bleeding, something which takes at least a minute if you aren't right next to a building to run through, and was still able to patch myself up before I got below 8k.

The current system is fine as-is. If you're taking damage so consistently that you need more bandages than what you're finding, then you need to play more carefully.

[/quote']

Agree fully with this, i don't know where you're looking for bandages mate, but I for one, have an issue knowing where to put them all :S

I will agree that something about the bleed system needs a slight tweaking, cause the so called "random bleed stop" feature never kicked in for me today when I got in a fight with a zed, and went from 12000 to 0....

reducing the bandage spawn rate and adding a feature like rags for bandages would be cool, makes the game more... more.... rugged??