Demonio (DayZ)

If H1Z1 will have squads and clans at early access why ...

i am always asking myself why people bought DayZ standalone, when clearly the mod was a clunky,

unfriendly, objective-less game which could make your heart pounding in pvp

they come to the forums, and demand arcade-shooter like mechanics rocket launchers and tanks,

while the mod, which this game is based upon, is everything but and had none of these things

did they install DayZ vanilla and straight up threw it away only to play epoch or wasteland?

Edited by Zombo
  • Like 1

did they install DayZ vanilla and straight up threw it away only to play epoch or wasteland?

Yup.   

Stop bickering about nothing.

There are plans for some form of grouping, you can see this in the 2014 Rezzed presentation.

Faction identification methods

Spawn systems tied to controlled locations

When and what will be implemented remains to be seen"

"Faction identification" and "spawn systems for controlled locations"...  What?

That seems 10x worse than anything stated above.

Friendly fire happens fairly often in real life. Typically due to being unable to recognize the persons face or physique quickly enough, and "tagging" would simply detract from that experience. That being said, it would make sense to just implement an enormous facial selection to choose from. This, combined with a massive selection of clothing, and people will have no excuse for shooting their friends on accident. If they do, then the blame will fall completely on them, instead of on DayZ mechanics.

Edited by Hikurac

i am always asking myself why people bought DayZ standalone, when clearly the mod was a clunky,

they come to the forums, and demand arcade-shooter like mechanics rocket launchers and tanks,

while the mod, which this game is based upon, is everything but and had none of these things

That's the gist of it and now they demand that DayZ be the same as Epoch and the other modifications.

In all honesty I love the modifications, as they had many great features. The issue however is that each mod had a huge detrimental flaw that should never be applied to Standalone.

Here are some examples:

Epoch: I loved building small wooden shelters, however Epoch took it too far and people built cities and sky-bases, whilst transporting large buildings in the back of their Ural. Also it had completely civilized NPC's, whom you could trade with but could not kill and forced multiple safe zones that used magic to prevent me from using my gun... Not exactly apocalyptic.

Breaking Point (Arma 2): Had a ton of great concept ideas, with some great items, features, and overall scarier atmosphere. However, it made advanced military weapons and loot far too abundant. Combat was a major priority over survival, and it was more geared towards the military crazed crowd that just wanted to shoot cool guns.

DayZ 2017: Set years after the outbreak and had a great "The Road" vibe to it. Loot was extremely scarce and survival was top priority. Finding a can of food felt amazing and finding a decent weapon was like Christmas. However it failed due to a lack of content. It was a great survival mod but they made it harsh by simply removing everything that was in Vanilla, which was a horrible idea. The endgame was literally a Lee-Enfield.

So many great ideas, put to waste by some horrible decisions. The sad reality of it is that a large portion of the community wants Standalone to reenact some of these horrible decisions as well..

Tagging friends, faction systems, safe zones, spawning in "controlled" territories, massive building operations, sky bases, extreme military weaponry, humanity system, over abundance of loot, online leader-boards, etc.

Be patient you guys, soon enough you will be able to mess Standalone up all you want with your mods. In the meantime however, let DayZ stick to its core roots of developing survival and simulation.

Edited by Hikurac
  • Like 1

I find it hilarious that people are calling dayz a survival game, or better yet hardcore. I mean we are playing a game where the only goal is to kill other people. A game where zombies are negligible. If you think because you have to hold down the W key for 20 minutes to get anywhere makes a game hardcore then you are wrong. 

For the record I was not impressed with H1Z1 either, watched the first dev video and was repelled maybe it changed. Hell maybe dayz changed, I haven't touched it in over a month. I'm just waiting for the beta to come out. 

• Like 2

we can't have at least some group viewable only gear, to recognize friendly from foe?

With the seemingly endless amount of clothes currently ingame(and I'm sure tons more in the future), you can't figure out a way to tell who is your friend?

Man stop whit this ideas--', this game is already easy... getting easyer will be boring

Why not just dress up in the same types of clothes?

Seriously, you don't need special group models if you all just wear the same stuff or just one piece that denotes you (hat, shirt, vest, backpack etc)

Why not just dress up in the same types of clothes?

Seriously, you don't need special group models if you all just wear the same stuff or just one piece that denotes you (hat, shirt, vest, backpack etc)

But everyone just wears the same stuff or near enough, it's usually the standard hunting backpack and assault vest set with a ballistic helmet or bandanna then green/brown for the rest.

There's like literally no variety to what people wear once they're fully geared and if your team is just like "LET'S ALL WEAR BRIGHT ORANGE HEADBANDS" you're all going to die.

A HUD and a friend tagging system is not unrealistic at all so long as you don't see names above heads through walls and shit or from a million miles away, couple hundred or even a hundred metres at most.

The character models are all the same and they're never going to have the kind of variety the real world has to body shapes so there is no way to identify people as easily as you would in real life.

The most variety you could get is if they added height options then all your team mates could be giant or short but that would just look stupid and everyone would have the same idea.

Unless you throw tactics and camo out the window you can't identify each other without trying to act like you're badass military personnel in a game with call signs and whatnot when they shouldn't be necessary.

Shooting first and asking questions later is also what people do because if someone comes round a corner with a gun out after you've just been in a firefight, both people are going to aim at each other and how often do both take the time to ask who it is? It's too risky to not shoot then boom your friend is dead or you are.

Anyway

Some people act as if the current state of the game will be the same when it's released.

Yeah but the problem is H1Z1 is going off like a rocket(no pun intended) where DayZ is moving really really slow, H1Z1 will probably finished before DayZ even hits Beta and then when it is finished it's going to be either equally good or worse so why even play it when H1Z1 is free and has more in it?

we can't have at least some group viewable only gear, to recognize friendly from foe?

Because that is absolutely dumb and shouldn't be involved in any game that's dealing with "survival".  If you want kiddy features like that, go play the broken mod.  That's literally part of the excitement and thrill of DayZ, the only way you know it's a friend from foe is if you've been together and know what each other's wearing, constantly communicating, etc.  The day SA gives "friend tags" for the entire build and release is the day I ask for my money back.  H1Z1 is going to be the biggest Suzy Homemaker Zombie Bake a Cake simulator we've ever seen if they're going to do clan and friend tags like that.

Yeah but the problem is H1Z1 is going off like a rocket(no pun intended) where DayZ is moving really really slow, H1Z1 will probably finished before DayZ even hits Beta and then when it is finished it's going to be either equally good or worse so why even play it when H1Z1 is free and has more in it?

It amazes me that people don't have any earthly comphrension of the fact that H1Z1 is a Planetside 2 MOD.  It's a MOD PEOPLE.  If you're suprised that the Forge Light engine has ready physics that have been used for over 3 years now, and vehicle physics ready to copy, paste, and edit; you really need to get a brain.  Sony is literally stealing all the "best" ideas from Rust and DayZ and mashing them together without much of a care for the end product.  If you really believe that SOE has been planning H1Z1 for a long time, and it's been in the works, you're lying to yourself.  Sony announces games long before they're ever going to see a beta.  They slapped that game together in a matter of weeks and through some horribly rendered models in and threw in their EQNext Landmark placing system.

H1Z1 is going to be a bigger flop and disaster than WarZ ever was.  What good is being "finished" (even though anyone who has ever dealt with a SOE game knows they never finish anything, release broken "new" material when the old bugs still haven't been fixed, and then 5 years later it's a bugged out, completely different game than at launch?  Nothing.  What good are pretty graphics when the frame rate is shit or the gameplay is shit?  I couldn't give a fuck if I was looking at wire-frames if the game was fun and entertaining.  The turd pile that SOE is pushing out the door is neither good looking, full of features, or has literally a single new element introduced.  It's a bunch of everything we've seen before or are hoping to see, and SOE just thinks they can do it better, and fill some "void" in the market.  Anyone who buys the beta for H1Z1 will truly get the full fuck-you-over SOE experience.  Enjoy the beta for a couple months before the entire game gets changed because a bunch of whiney 13 year olds can't handle anything, want everything handed to them, and all of the sudden the pay-to-dress market becomes the pay-to-win market when SOE inevitably will let all and any game advancing items/perks to be available for purchase with real life money.

Edited by acdc_bag

not so many folks can willingly "gimp" their carrying capacity.

I have decided that the coolest backpack is that small improvised courier bag.  It's the only one I'll use.  B)

H1Z1 is going to be the biggest Suzy Homemaker Zombie Bake a Cake simulator we've ever seen if they're going to do clan and friend tags like that.

lol

What we have:

1. TS/Vent/whatever "Hey Johny, lets meet at X"

2. Direct chat. "Johny, is that you?" Some unfamiliar voice responds - probably not him.

3. Lots of different clothing options, so you can all wear the same uniform.

What you want:

1. Spotted human shape in your sniper scope. Not bigger than a pin - "Hey, it's Johny!"

2. Checking your screen - "Oh, Johny is 543m in that direction"

so much hyperbole on this post.

i just want to be able to distinguish a friend when i would be able to see his face (AKA up to ~80m, when he's facing my direction).

CQC in this game is already clunky, add the "everybody has the same face" effect and you have the shittiest system possible.

Because that is absolutely dumb and shouldn't be involved in any game that's dealing with "survival".  If you want kiddy features like that, go play the broken mod.  That's literally part of the excitement and thrill of DayZ, the only way you know it's a friend from foe is if you've been together and know what each other's wearing, constantly communicating, etc.  The day SA gives "friend tags" for the entire build and release is the day I ask for my money back.  H1Z1 is going to be the biggest Suzy Homemaker Zombie Bake a Cake simulator we've ever seen if they're going to do clan and friend tags like that.

It amazes me that people don't have any earthly comphrension of the fact that H1Z1 is a Planetside 2 MOD.  It's a MOD PEOPLE.  If you're suprised that the Forge Light engine has ready physics that have been used for over 3 years now, and vehicle physics ready to copy, paste, and edit; you really need to get a brain.  Sony is literally stealing all the "best" ideas from Rust and DayZ and mashing them together without much of a care for the end product.  If you really believe that SOE has been planning H1Z1 for a long time, and it's been in the works, you're lying to yourself.  Sony announces games long before they're ever going to see a beta.  They slapped that game together in a matter of weeks and through some horribly rendered models in and threw in their EQNext Landmark placing system.

H1Z1 is going to be a bigger flop and disaster than WarZ ever was.  What good is being "finished" (even though anyone who has ever dealt with a SOE game knows they never finish anything, release broken "new" material when the old bugs still haven't been fixed, and then 5 years later it's a bugged out, completely different game than at launch?  Nothing.  What good are pretty graphics when the frame rate is shit or the gameplay is shit?  I couldn't give a fuck if I was looking at wire-frames if the game was fun and entertaining.  The turd pile that SOE is pushing out the door is neither good looking, full of features, or has literally a single new element introduced.  It's a bunch of everything we've seen before or are hoping to see, and SOE just thinks they can do it better, and fill some "void" in the market.  Anyone who buys the beta for H1Z1 will truly get the full fuck-you-over SOE experience.  Enjoy the beta for a couple months before the entire game gets changed because a bunch of whiney 13 year olds can't handle anything, want everything handed to them, and all of the sudden the pay-to-dress market becomes the pay-to-win market when SOE inevitably will let all and any game advancing items/perks to be available for purchase with real life money.

H1Z1 is a mod because it uses the same engine that PS2 uses?

Then all the BIS games are a mod of operation flashpoint, derp.

• Like 1

Yes.

DayZ is so easy it's only difficult at all when you lag out or fire a whole clip in to someone and it somehow misses or glitches and they survive it. Zombies are easy, just annoying when you're trying to pick up stuff.

Zombies in H1Z1 can kill you in just a few hits, can people please explain what's so "hardcore" about DayZ? Get cut the fuck open, just slap a bandage on and you're healed that big gaping wound won't harm you again and will instantly stop bleeding just like real life.

Broke your leg? Just get a stick and some rags, put them together and put it on your leg you'll be right as rain in no time.

Or stab morphine in to your leg, which everyone knows pulls bones back together and puts them in working order again.

Don't give me that "isn't final" crap there's no reason to have morphine and splints if they're not always going to do that.

You know this...how?

In H1Z1 you can set people on fire like instantly, if anything it's the harder game. They even have exploding barrels set up and traps so how the hell is DayZ harder? In H1Z1 if you walk in to any building you could have something falling on your head and knocking you out or stabbing in to you whatever. The only hard thing like that in DayZ is when someone has glitched in to a wall or just sat there for hours with the sole intent of killing someone.

DayZ is not hardcore at all it just has a more varied medical system than most games.

That's it.

Hardcore mode on Minecraft is more hardcore than DayZ, now that's how zombies are done.

Also zombies in H1Z1 already don't walk through walls it only looks shitty because they're building it from the core where DayZ is just adding things to an existing landscape, everything in H1Z1 is built up to accommodate zombies so they're not glitchy and annoying and they have hordes.

Explain what DayZ has that H1Z1 doesn't.

Maybe I need to take a step back for a second.  I think both games will be fun.  But H1N1, from everything I have read and the videos I have watched, doesn't plan on adding weather effects to health, complex medical systems, "realistic" bullet physics, or complicated food requirements.

Maybe they have said they want to and I haven't seen that, I don't know.  But it doesn't appear to be targeting the rabidly hardcore community that DayZ is trying to cater to.

Maybe I need to take a step back for a second.  I think both games will be fun.  But H1N1, from everything I have read and the videos I have watched, doesn't plan on adding weather effects to health, complex medical systems, "realistic" bullet physics, or complicated food requirements.

Maybe they have said they want to and I haven't seen that, I don't know.  But it doesn't appear to be targeting the rabidly hardcore community that DayZ is trying to cater to.

Completely agree with you, after watching few stream videos from dean, and the content it was going to have, i thought "wow fuck any other game, dayz will be all you need for a survival game". However half a year gone, no new content or bug fixes, absolutely nothing to say yes i can see this game progressing. And as soon as someone questions this, they are put down by a bunch of fanboys "its alpha" or "go and play..." are most common answers.

As for bullett physics dayz has the worst physics at the moment, hell it has no physics, bullets travel through buildings and terrain, so its fine to claim something but without results these claims are just lies. Food requirements?, starving with a bag full of canned food because i dont have a tool that is common throughout the world. cant find a can opener but can find pristine m4 every corner i take.

Including a HUD, has nothing to do with difficulty of the game, zombies, food and amount of weapons spawning are the factors determining difficulty of a zombie survival game

• Like 4

I've seen this before, and let me tell you...

There are a total of 40+ different cloting options . And an average of around 8 different color variations of each...

Let's do the math.

240 different items to tell you and your clan members apart B)

I find it hilarious that people are calling dayz a survival game, or better yet hardcore. I mean we are playing a game where the only goal is to kill other people.

That may be your only goal, but other people, like myself, want to play the game like it was meant to be: however you want.

Everybody has different goals. That's what makes DayZ the great game that it is going to become.

"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals."

~Henry Thoreau

What's wrong with RPGs? Area-of-effect weapons aren't necessarily a bad thing (especially IEDs, Molotovs, and hand grenades). I can't imagine something like an RPG-7 or M72 LAW would be that out of place, especially considering how hard to find a rocket would be. The M72 is one-shot only, so if you fuck up your aim, you've just wasted a super asset. The RPG-7 can be reused, but is much more prone to misfiring and deviation.

I don't want tanks, though, but I think having some explosive small-arms as support weapons would be a cool thing to have.

The mod also did have the M136. It was taken out because it was useless (replaced the backpack slot, had almost no area-of-effect damage, couldn't always take out vehicles) and also could be re-used an unlimited amount of times, which was not realistic at all.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Well, the way WarZ or H1Z1 did/want to do this...is shit, that's why we don't have something like this. But Dean reacted really positive to my idea of creating clans in a similar way we did in Lineage II...so yes, we're going to have clans eventually I mean...is a zombie survival game, of course we must team up

PS: In case we don't get a clan feature (which I doubt) then they must give a really big personalization to every character (like EVE online)

You guys are right, DayZ is the hardest game I've ever played.

laugh-2.png

Seriously though, this game is trying to maintain its niche/indie status even though it's one of the best selling games on Steam.

Day z used to be a hard game when you had to search the whole map for a broken helicopter/truck and then find about 10 parts to fix it all the while risking getting killed by other players and zombies. Then making a hidden base or taking over an area or fighting other squads 

It is hard in the sense that you can be killed by 1 random bullet or zombie and you can bleed/starve/freeze to death. It is also much more challenging playing at night

I've seen this before, and let me tell you...

There are a total of 40+ different cloting options . And an average of around 8 different color variations of each...

Let's do the math.

240 different items to tell you and your clan members apart B)

Which turns into many many thousands of ways to be differently clothed. And then you have 6 people types as well. 

If you think because you have to hold down the W key for 20 minutes to get anywhere makes a game hardcore then you are wrong.

QFT

The game is not hard. You can't have a hard game when players decide their own goals. The game doesn't force much upon you. Surviving? Easy. "End game" gear? Easy.

Kill 100 people without dying? Right, now it's hard. But that's your goal, not "DayZ". What's the point of "DayZ" anyways? The next guy might only want to interview people in Berezino while wearing nothing but a hardhat.

• Like 3

Two cents worth on whether the game is hard or not.

It can be.

Most players choose for it not to be.

Watch the servers empty when darkness hits even though you can adjust gamma. Reg servers always full as compared to hardcore servers struggling to fill.

Hardcore night server ? the loneliest servers. Always daytime 3pp servers.. the full servers.

[cry] oh but i can't see enough in a hardcore as opposed to real life and the night is too dark [/cry] 

Just like in the mod..people whine about wanting it to be hard because it is too easy..night time servers empty..1pp view servers empty. 

Every time a change is made were it requires more hits to kill a zed..WAHHH the zeds are too hard! 

Loot lessened WAHHHHH i can't find anything!

Add 20 extra barracks and a 100 vehicles 3pp server..full all the time.

Most of the players do not want a hard game anyway so what are y'all fighting about ?

• Like 3