Sign in to follow this  
darksteeljorge

Question I have

So I heard a lot from rocket that mods are essential part for developing, and if they're so important why are they going to be added at Q4 when almost the whole game is done ?

Makes sense that they would wait until the game is polished before integrating the option to modify the features.

• Like 1

So I heard a lot from rocket that mods are essential part for developing, and if they're so important why are they going to be added at Q4 when almost the whole game is done ?

This was discussed not long ago so I'll repeat what I said there

Having previous experience in modding (in other games) I can tell you that as a mod maker the game updates are a modders worst nightmare

Everytime the game updates, it messes and creates bugs all over the place for your mod as you will always be working with an older version of the game

And by the time you've fixed those bugs the next update is here and you go through it all over again

While the game is being updated and stuff added, it would be impossible to keep up or even have a remotely playable mod

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 3

Having previous experience in modding (in other games) I can tell you that as a mod maker the game updates are a modders worst nightmare

Everytime the game updates, it messes and creates bugs all over the place for your mod as you will always be working with an older version of the game

And by the time you've fixed those bugs the next update is here and you go through it all over again

While the game is being updated and stuff added, it would be impossible to keep up or even have a remotely playable mod

So that's why ? Thanks!!

Reg said it pretty good IMO, there's other reasons too, like security and such.  Right now there's no private hives either, and all the public servers need to be using the same version.  With all the bitching going on there'd be people making 'mods' of exprimental content and pushing it to stable.  What's the number one moan and gripe?  No cars, why don't you add cars, just add arma2/3 cars, I'm a lazy bastard that thinks I'll be given a fully working SUV with SATNAV, armor plating, and a roof mounted Minigun as soon as I spawn, ect, ect, ect.  This way if they wait for most of the ground work to be added, you won't have conflicting mods or people putting in broken things.

ah snap same thing i was saying

have you ever made a mod then had to redo it with every patch? imagine having to keep up alpha updates for a mod, my god that would get old very quickly would lead to a lot of dead mods. im glad they are choosing to do it this way lots of active mods like this instead of mass graves filled with dead mods and such potential wasted.

Edited by pycco