Boxer23

WHY CAN I NOT USE A XBOX CONTROLLER AFTER THE LAST UPDATE

XBOX CONTROLLER  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use a XBOX controller to play DayZ standalone

I know that i need to raise the weapon before i can use it. I think the xbox controller layout is not set for malay weapons. there might be a simple fix but i cannot find it or any hint of it

Edited by Boxer23

I know that i need to raise the weapon before i can use it. I think the xbox controller layout is not set for malay weapons. there might be a simple fix but i cannot find it or any hint of it

Come on man if English is not your native tongue I am very disappointed. Dont use a controller as I like the keyboard feel better, but maybe go into the controls and bind the raise weapon (Default Spacebar I'm 99% sure) to like your RS or something.

i can raise the weapon i just can not use it and what is wrong with the spelling of malay and why did you not tick the third option on the first question . and i have no problem with players who use a keyboard just the tools that like to make smart comments  :)

Edited by Boxer23

It's spelled "melee," but at least you obviously pronounce it correctly, unlike a lot of people.

I think the Xbox controller defaults might not include a button to raise weapon. You have to go to main menu -> Configure -> Controls -> Assignments, and under Infantry Weapons there's a command called "Toggle Raise Weapon."

i can raise the weapons with the keyboard i do not mind that but after i rase it i cannot swing it. i think that is not set for the xbox controller it should be the same as shooting RT but it is not

Edited by Boxer23

i can raise the weapons with the keyboard i do not mind that but after i rase it i cannot swing it. i think that is not set for the xbox controller it should be the same as shooting RT but it is not

Play around with your key bindings and you'll get it to work. I personally use xpadder to set up my Xbox controller. Works pretty good. :)

Are you using Xpadder? If not, you should…works for me.

If you're thinking about playing dayz with a controller. Stop it!  You just don't. I have an xbox360 controller, and i love it. But dayz is waaaay too complicated to be played with a controller. You'll need to push way too many buttons, drag items and you are always in a hurry doing these things. Also one can aim much faster and more accurate with a mouse.

• Like 1

i know the mouse is more accurate but i am no good with the keyboard and you only need the buttons to fight and interact on the controller you can use the keyboard for all the other things. it makes it easy for close quarter fighting.                                                            the only thing about the controller and xpadder is the sticks do not return to the center properly and the dead zone on the sticks needs to be big or the mouse cursor  will move across the screen on its ownand it is doing something to the select gear option when i bind swing axe to the trigger and i cannot bind lean right to the right bumper because the map is set there and i cannot move the map the last bit is just me looking for help if anyone knows how to fix it

Edited by Boxer23

on arma 2 RT never worked and u had to use RB to shoot. try that

If you're thinking about playing dayz with a controller. Stop it!  You just don't. I have an xbox360 controller, and i love it. But dayz is waaaay too complicated to be played with a controller. You'll need to push way too many buttons, drag items and you are always in a hurry doing these things. Also one can aim much faster and more accurate with a mouse.

Thats not the debate here, there are legit uses for controller, for example i use G13 for character movement with a mouse on the side for aiming... Some people use a controller this way with a mouse to aim..some people have a controller on the side for vehicles in the other Arma's... if we want a controller VS keyboard/mouse debate thats another topic- but WSAD is not nearly as good as a joystick for character movement... One can move in 360 degrees and gradually change their player from walk to sprint..one can raid a house without toggling to walk..just push the stick less.,.it helps massively for positioning your character or when  looting..So learn about something before you hating :D

Edited by AgentNe0
  • Like 2

can we assign infantry movement to analog controller Inputs again?!?!   i Need this for my 3dconnexion spacenavigator!

I dont know about xbox pad on standalone sorry!!! but I use my G13 on stable branch for infantry movement analog yes. It didn't work on Experimental (had to change back to WSAD) but works on Stable. I have posted that issue so hopefully they fixed it. But i assume if my G13 works then ur xbox pad should work too mate

can we assign infantry movement to analog controller Inputs again?!?!   i Need this for my 3dconnexion spacenavigator!

Thats not the debate here, there are legit uses for controller, for example i use G13 for character movement with a mouse on the side for aiming... Some people use a controller this way with a mouse to aim..some people have a controller on the side for vehicles in the other Arma's... if we want a controller VS keyboard/mouse debate thats another topic- but WSAD is not nearly as good as a joystick for character movement... One can move in 360 degrees and gradually change their player from walk to sprint..one can raid a house without toggling to walk..just push the stick less.,.it helps massively for positioning your character or when  looting..So learn about something before you hating :D

The G13 is a different story. The topic is about the xbox360 controller. I was just trying to give friendly advice based on my experience, because i tried to play the game with the xbox360 controller and realized it was a waste of time.

I'm not hating. I usually play with a controller if it fits the game, but this is not one of those games in my humble opinion.

Maybe one day i'll try the controller+keyboard+mouse combination, but it seems to be really inconvenient, and i can't imagine playing the game in its current state without a mouse or a keyboard. I really need the mouse when using the inventory, and i really need the keyboard because the controller just doesn't have enough buttons on it.

Edited by pistaaaa

with the new update i cannot use the xbox controler at all and it deleted my character he was alive for days the longest life i ever had including lives in the dayz mod i was fully geared everything you will ever want. everything in the green gear and health deleted

Edited by Boxer23

I had no idea there were Malaysian weapons in the game. Must've escaped me while reading the changelogs...

In all seriousness, this game isn't meant for a controller. The key combinations are vastly too complicated, and your accuracy will suffer dearly. I suggest you stick with key and mouse, tosvarich.

It's spelled "melee," but at least you obviously pronounce it correctly, unlike a lot of people.

It's may-lay, not muh-lay. Proven by google.

OP has been suspended for spamming the Forums.

Anyhow... might help, might not.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/208967-xbox-360-glovepie-045-script/page-2#entry2095558

or

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/69153-guide-setting-up-an-xbox-360-controller-for-dayz/page-7?p=1947468#entry1947468

I'm going to start hitting hard on Grammer NasiZ and ControllerTrolls, be warned.

• Like 1