SpardisJX

Mining stone with Fire Axe

Seeing as the Fire Axe actually has a pick-head on the opposite end of the blade, I figure it'd be a good idea if they could be used to mine stones as well. This would make the already sought after Fire Axe even more valuable, not to mention save players the headache of trying to find both the axe and pick individually in order the gather the necessary materials to build a complete fireplace kit.

Reply with any thoughts. Cheers.

firefighter-axe.png

Edited by SpardisJX

I think it shouldn't perform as well as the pick axe, for obvious reasons. Maybe make it so it wears out very quickly?

I don't think that would work dude....

I mean i never tried it irl (well duh) but i assume,the axe

would just bounce off the rocky surface unlike the pickaxe.

The axe just has a more blunt surface which makes it unsuitable

for this kind of operation.

Edited by Damnyourdeadman

Fire axes aren't meant for mining. The small pick part is meant for prying things off rather than slamming into hard rock.

• Like 3

Yeah there wouldn't really be the weight behind the fire axe like the pick axe has. I've used pick axes to smash rocks before, they are great at it... A fire axe would probably bounce off and then you'd have the axe part in your face. 

Not trying to say it's a completely unreasonable idea, it'd be better than nothing obviously but if the fire axe was to be used for mining it'd have to have a way lower success rate. Possible accidents might be a laugh as well. Another thing the bandits could make their hostages do...

Edited by Richard III in Leicester

I think it's better that way, that you need more tools.

It's just bit painful that you can't carry more.

Personally I would love to be able to find a sheath for knife of machette,so that I could carry those along with axe.

Yes, and use stones for fireplaces, home buildings etc. It would be top game of all if you can build small houses of stones or wood :) But I know it can be hard task for developers, maybe impossible because of engine limitations. But I would never turn minecraft on again.

Seems logical that one should be able to find the right sized rocks without having to hack away at a boulder

Fire axes aren't meant for mining. The small pick part is meant for prying things off rather than slamming into hard rock.

True.  I didn't think it of that way.

Thanks for your feedback everyone.  Doesn't hurt to try right? ;)

Edited by SpardisJX