Not really so odd since the AK is one of the most prolific weapons in the world these days.  If I didn't know better i'd say AK's breed like rabbits.

The fact this is one of the most prolific, doesn't mean can be in the hands of any farmer in a hard surival pvp game like this.

In the same server, esperimetal with over 20 people, i've found 2 AKM, 1 on Gorka police station and another at Navy Sobor. 1 Magazine, 1 Tactical 8 slot jacket and TTSKO pants

People will gear up faster than Schwarzenegger in the movie COMMANDO when he's in the weapon store. And they take and hold a weapon not because of their tastes or because they didn't find anything else, but because they know where to loot and they want the most performing weapon.

That's it.

Now as AKM needs sks bullets, everyone will throw civilians weapons faster than before.

I do not want to complay about changing locations, kind of ammos or else....But just BUFF the other weapons. I've managed 3 shoot to kill a guy with the Blaze by doing an ambush!  (3 hits plus 2 miss)

And I'm sure because AKM has been introduced, as less pistols will be in the inventory of someone, and as less SKS you will see around...

Edited by GunnyITA

What the hell is even wrong with the M4? its one of the most accurate weapons, if not the most.

Lolwat. I'm not sure what you're smoking, but it most definitely is not.

• Like 1

The fact this is one of the most prolific, doesn't mean can be in the hands of any farmer in a hard surival pvp game like this.

In the same server, esperimetal with over 20 people, i've found 2 AKM, 1 on Gorka police station and another at Navy Sobor. 1 Magazine, 1 Tactical 8 slot jacket and TTSKO pants

People will gear up faster than Schwarzenegger in the movie COMMANDO when he's in the weapon store. And they take and hold a weapon not because of their tastes or because they didn't find anything else, but because they know where to loot and they want the most performing weapon.

That's it.

Now as AKM needs sks bullets, everyone will throw civilians weapons faster than before.

I do not want to complay about changing locations, kind of ammos or else....But just BUFF the other weapons. I've managed 3 shoot to kill a guy with the Blaze by doing an ambush!  (3 hits plus 2 miss)

And I'm sure because AKM has been introduced, as less pistols will be in the inventory of someone, and as less SKS you will see around...

TBH. If they fixed the M4's dispersion I would be using that whenever I could find  it. The AKM is going to be common, yes. But people WILL still use the SKS because the PU scope, and the fact it doesn't require a magazine. It won't be as prolific as you think it will be. I've only seen 4 people on EXP using the AKM outside of my group. Everyone has a mosin or SKS. Even a few guys running around with the ruger(WITH MAGS no less!)

Edited by Daemonkid

Lolwat. I'm not sure what you're smoking, but it most definitely is not.

It must be a personal problem then.

I ask again, whats wrong with the M4?

Edited by RoanValorin
  • Like 1

It must be a personal problem then.

I ask again, whats wrong with the M4?

Lewl, a fully kitted M4 is the only acceptable way to use the M4, and that's a fucking joke. The dispersion is nothing like the M4 was in the mod. It's shit compared. And only 400 meters? I've hit targets at 600 with it. But that requires full MAGPUL, ACOG Bipod and being prone. The gun has awful accuracy compared to the SKS, the Mosin, the Ruger.. lmao. The M4 is awful. Seriously. There is a ton of threads on this. The dispersion for the gun is incredibly fucked up and needs to be fixed. But continue to cover your eyes and ears and scream "LALALALALALA"

• Like 2

M4 w/o magpul kit = worst accuracy of any of the rifles, m4 with magpul kit = 3rd best accuracy of any of the rifles...  Prone and bipod with magpul stuff = perfect accuracy, just as the mosin has with the compensator or bipod.

You do realize with just about every gun coming out with more attatchements you are ment to find upgrades for individual weapons right? Stock weapons are ment to be bad. it's another form of improvement. You dont just find a sniper as of now, you find a gun and make it a sniper by finding the hunting scope for it.

This is one way to kinda reward surviving and finding for so long rather than pick up a gun and yolo kill spree with it.

I don't get people. You just want to pick up a gun and be done with it? Put some effort into it.

400 meters is to show what i am hitting, you can clearly see that the bullet is straight even to easily double it but since it doesnt range that far you compensate for drop. making a video of it would be pointless since you wouldnt be able to see the impact.

Also you dont have to be prone for it.

Edited by RoanValorin

They only want to prioritize, and making 5.45 is rather pointless since it's almost exclusively used by AK-74 variants, and a few other rifles/LMGs.

I really can't agree with you on this one.

AK-74 or it's newer variants, is the most common rifle in "post soviet" states, hence it should be in game.

Steamlining calibers is just plain wrong....it reminds me of Mass Effect 2 where they ditched concept of specific ammo and when with just one type fits all. It was sci-fi game, but still it felt wrong.

• Like 1

You do realize with just about every gun coming out with more attatchements you are ment to find upgrades for individual weapons right? Stock weapons are ment to be bad. it's another form of improvement. You dont just find a sniper as of now, you find a gun and make it a sniper by finding the hunting scope for it.

This is one way to kinda reward surviving and finding for so long rather than pick up a gun and yolo kill spree with it.

I don't get people. You just want to pick up a gun and be done with it? Put some effort into it.

400 meters is to show what i am hitting, you can clearly see that the bullet is straight even to easily double it but since it doesnt range that far you compensate for drop. making a video of it would be pointless since you wouldnt be able to see the impact.

Also you dont have to be prone for it.

Stock weapons are meant to be bad? That's why the SKS has better accuracy than the M4, and it can only mount a PU scope. Or the Blaze, which can't mount attachments but has better accuracy and next to 0 dispersion within its effective range? The Mosin shoots the same regardless if a scope is mounted or not?

Magpul parts don't magically increase the accuracy of a weapon..

Oh, and you DO need to be prone.. with a bipod to hit targets out at 600 meters with the ACOG. Crouch, watch as your bullets completely miss your target by more than a few inches.

I'm sorry but you're arguing for no reason. Use the search function, even Gew's has said the M4 is spectacularly bad.

Edited by Daemonkid
  • Like 3

was a beast in the mod, is a beast here

Stock weapons are meant to be bad? That's why the SKS has better accuracy than the M4, and it can only mount a PU scope. Or the Blaze, which can't mount attachments but has better accuracy and next to 0 dispersion within its effective range? The Mosin shoots the same regardless if a scope is mounted or not?

Magpul parts don't magically increase the accuracy of a weapon..

Oh, and you DO need to be prone.. with a bipod to hit targets out at 600 meters with the ACOG. Crouch, watch as your bullets completely miss your target by more than a few inches.

I'm sorry but you're arguing for no reason. Use the search function, even Gew's has said the M4 is spectacularly bad.

When more guns are in the loot table the better guns off the bat will be the harder to find guns. I thought this would be known without saying.

Andyou cant use realism argument for anything. of course nothing reflects real life. but its just a type of advancement for a game.

Also. You Don't need to be prone. Again, 400 meters but you can see the bullet is on mark enough for further.

Also I am not going to take the word of someone i don't know or think i should know who says the M4 is spectacularly bad, when I see it's not as bad as people think.

Edited by RoanValorin

I like the AKM. As mentioned, the dispersion is fairly predictable, the recoil feels right, and it's very efficient at dropping people at close-medium range.

I'm still fond of the SKS with a PU scope over the AKM with a PSO-1 scope. I traded my AKM with PSO-1 scope, 75rnd drum magazine and two 30rnd magazines for an SKS with a Worn PU scope.

Long live the SKS!

Edited by Grimey Rick

was a beast in the mod, is a beast here

What does it feel like being completely wrong

What does it feel like being completely wrong

I don't know, you tell me?

When more guns are in the loot table the better guns off the bat will be the harder to find guns. I thought this would be known without saying.

Andyou cant use realism argument for anything. of course nothing reflects real life. but its just a type of advancement for a game.

No, it's not a type of "advancement" it is a stupid gimmick. I should not need to find these magical parts to make my weapon use-able compared to other weapons. Remember the part where you said stock weapons should suck? Yeah, no. A bullet doesn't stop deviating because of some stupid weapon parts that ONLY affect handling. Go on, slap a CQB stock on there. Watch as the rounds deviate even further. It's called cone of fire, and it's a stupid mechanic. I've tested this on actual targets, zombies, players. Stationary and moving. The M4 deviates much more than any other gun in game. It's useless for any form of long range engagement because whenever I shoot, at a stationary target no less it feels like i'm playing a game of dice. Ironsight pointed center of mass, bullet misses, bullet misses, bullet hits. That doesn't make sense. But please, continue. I like the M4. I want them to fix it. 

Edited by Daemonkid
  • Like 2

I know. It frustrates the fucking hell out of me. I don't understand their logic. BLOAT THE LOOT TABLES. That way I actively have to SEARCH for stuff. I want different calibers for different weapons. I want the weapon that I use to be dictated by what I ammo I can find. The streamlining of the game to and weapon calibers and not adding weapons because "They're functionally the same" pisses me off. All guns ARE FUNCTIONALLY THE SAME. THEY TAKE BULLETS, AND SEND THE PROJECTILE OUT THE BARREL. I really don't understand this logic and if I ever met these guys in game I would rant at them so hard. Their design decisions are getting really absurd. Gah, I can't talk about this, frustrates me.

Yeah, I agree. Sure, Dean Hall had a good idea and obviously the right engine to support it. But him as a Game Designer, I don't know how he got there. To me almost every decision seems like made by an amateur. Do they really do that in group discussion? Like, how amateur is that? Do it f*cking properly and get someone who actually knows how Game Design works. The connected server bullcrap, the way how they handle updates, everything seems like they don't know what they are doing. Sure, there are very talented people in the team, but there are others who, atleast that's how I perceive it, are just bad in what they're doing.

I don't know, let's just wait for modding and make the game right ourselves, obviously the developers do not know what the players want, we just need to be patient.

Also I want to point out how important the early access is. Obviously most players who will play the game already bought it and everyone gets used to how the game is right now:

A deathmatch in the east.

The implementation of the M4 was a terrible idea, because the M4 is actually a really good weapon, but everyone had one multiple times. Even if they make the M4 rare, at this point nobody will give a f*ck if they find one. It's like in the mod. Once a weapons was common and made rare afterwards, it just lost value because everyone already had it so many times. I don't wanna run around with an M4 anymore, even if it is the rarest weapon in the game. I don't care.

The same thing with deathmatch. Right at this point there are so many players who expect the game to be what it is now. They have fun with it. Others do not. But these players will be very disappointed when they turn the game into a proper survival game. Many people just want to go full retard and kill everything on sight, because that's what the game is about at this point. And obviously these players will carry over to the finished product, being disappointed because they cannot do what they always did: Go to the nearest town, find a SKS or Mosin and have some exciting time within a very short amount of time.

Well, hopefully it works out, but the way they are stucturing the game is just ridicilous. "We don't want you to do deathmatch guys, so we will change the electro spawns and put you to the eastcoast, so you can do deathmatch over there"

Oh comon, whoever thought of this idea has NO idea how to design a game. How stupid is it, to restrict people on a part of the map, if you actually want the players to run around the whole map? How many months do they need to get it into their heads? If we had spawns in the north, atleast players would actually SEE the north. But like I said, it's kind of too late now, because people will respawn until they are in an area where everyone kills each other. And right know this area is berezino.

Edited by Wayze

I was prying around up north trying to find one last night as I had all the attachments, but no luck. I was skulking around Vybor when I came across a fellow survivor being chased by a hungry one... We sorted her out and then proceeded to have some small talk. To my delight, I got offered an akm!

Turns out it was one of our very own forum goers! Hetstaine! Cheers dude  :D

After Het logged off (it was getting late), I ran around for a bit firing off shots at some hungry ones before I called it a night.

I really like the feel of the akm, and it looks beast! 100% agree with you Daemonkid.

The only thing I noticed, is the sway on the akm seemed to lag more than say, the sks. It could just be me, as I haven't played too much since they changed the mouse input/weapon sway. I also note, I have been actively not seeking out firearms on exp, as I wanted to test the features. So my experience is limited.

Was a pleasure after you took care of that zed that was rapin' my ass ;)

• Like 1

With all the stuff wrong with the game I can't believe how many people care about ammo caliber.

With all the stuff wrong with the game I can't believe how many people care about ammo caliber.

Just ONE of my many issue I have with the game.

Ammo for the AKM needs to be balanced as it uses the same as the SKS.

In experimental I have the AKM and a 75 round drum, I am now searching everywhere for the ammo to fit without much success.

I suspect the reason why the AKM is not in Stable is the loot tables that need to adjusted.

Please wait...

Isn't this the way it should be? People trying to scratch together all ammo they can find.

Edited by Buffaloe
  • Like 1

9) Unnecessary posts:

Posting "don't care", "alpha", "TLDR", "search before you post", "cool story bro", 'fanboy' or any posts along those lines are unnecessary, inflammatory, and/or do not add to the discussion. This includes memes, GIFs and other images that are unnecessary/non-constructive; please keep them to an absolute minimum. If a duplicate thread exists, report it to the moderation team with a link.

Yeah, I agree. Sure, Dean Hall had a good idea and obviously the right engine to support it. But him as a Game Designer, I don't know how he got there. To me almost every decision seems like made by an amateur. Do they really do that in group discussion? Like, how amateur is that? Do it f*cking properly and get someone who actually knows how Game Design works. The connected server bullcrap, the way how they handle updates, everything seems like they don't know what they are doing. Sure, there are very talented people in the team, but there are others who, atleast that's how I perceive it, are just bad in what they're doing.

I don't know, let's just wait for modding and make the game right ourselves, obviously the developers do not know what the players want, we just need to be patient.

Also I want to point out how important the early access is. Obviously most players who will play the game already bought it and everyone gets used to how the game is right now:

A deathmatch in the east.

The implementation of the M4 was a terrible idea, because the M4 is actually a really good weapon, but everyone had one multiple times. Even if they make the M4 rare, at this point nobody will give a f*ck if they find one. It's like in the mod. Once a weapons was common and made rare afterwards, it just lost value because everyone already had it so many times. I don't wanna run around with an M4 anymore, even if it is the rarest weapon in the game. I don't care.

The same thing with deathmatch. Right at this point there are so many players who expect the game to be what it is now. They have fun with it. Others do not. But these players will be very disappointed when they turn the game into a proper survival game. Many people just want to go full retard and kill everything on sight, because that's what the game is about at this point. And obviously these players will carry over to the finished product, being disappointed because they cannot do what they always did: Go to the nearest town, find a SKS or Mosin and have some exciting time within a very short amount of time.

Well, hopefully it works out, but the way they are stucturing the game is just ridicilous. "We don't want you to do deathmatch guys, so we will change the electro spawns and put you to the eastcoast, so you can do deathmatch over there"

Oh comon, whoever thought of this idea has NO idea how to design a game. How stupid is it, to restrict people on a part of the map, if you actually want the players to run around the whole map? How many months do they need to get it into their heads? If we had spawns in the north, atleast players would actually SEE the north. But like I said, it's kind of too late now, because people will respawn until they are in an area where everyone kills each other. And right know this area is berezino.

Since apparently bitching posts deserve actual replies, here:

It cracks me up to no end when people who don't know the first thing about something tell professionals how it should be done. The DayZ dev team is a small team (that has gotten larger recently) compared to the other teams that work on a title like this, and has a large task ahead of them. They are making progress toward their goal, and yet people still continue to bitch and moan about the timeline, even though Dean Hall has quite clearly told people not to buy the game yet, as it's far from complete. The current update on EXP is a big step forward toward the survival aspect of the game with the addition of hunting, fishing, fireplaces, and the like. Improvements to Zombie pathing are around the corner as well

As far as the state of the game right now, it only exists like that because there is no endgame available to players. You're crazy if you think that the majority of people to whom DayZ appeals are going to constantly engage in deathmatch fights in Berezino once tents, base building, horticulture, etc. is added to the game. Also, your opinion on the M4A1 is not universal, and a good weapon will be a good weapon regardless of its rarity, and people will use it. People may gravitate toward other weapons at varying points in time, but the notion that simply because a weapon was popular and common once, it won't be again is absurd.

This game has, from its inception as a mod, has NEVER catered to the lowest common denominator. I really don't think that the people behind it give a shit if they run off half their user base by turning the game into a hardcore survival game. In fact, I'm almost counting on it.

And complaining about the spawn locations in an early access alpha of a game is just plain idiotic. They have added and changed spawn locations with every update as they work on varying parts of the map. Once they add all the new cities and towns, there is no reason to expect they're going to keep the spawns solely located in the North East. Further, they're not restricting anything. I've covered nearly every corner of the map since the SA launched, despite the current spawn locations. Once persistent objects start being a thing, my group, and I suspect many others, will actively and semi-permanently move from the North East where we primarily work now (due solely to pick up recently spawned clan mates), to the West and North West. Saying they're doing that is akin to saying they limit the amount of the map you can play on in a Battlefield map because you can only spawn at your base, or at a point you control. It's absolute nonsense. 

TL;DR - Complaining about what the final game will be like while the game is still being actively developed in alpha is stupid and doesn't do anything. If the game, roadmap, and the devs frustrate you so much, wait until the beta is released, the first stable retail release.

• Like 2

Based on what Torchia dude wrote, they just don't want to introduce 5,45x39mm caliber that classic AK-74 uses.

Maybe because not so many other weapons would use it.

He said, they could put AK74 in, but it would be in 7,62x39mm caliber, which would make many people (me included) mad.

I kinda can't understand that logic though, few more calibers would not bloat loot tables too much and would be good for diversity.

I fear that every rifle will be either 7,62x51 or 7,62x39 plus nato 5,56x45mm that M4 uses.

I was concerned, but then I'm just hoping it's for the alpha and allows them to cut down on balancing lootspawns. They're going to be balancing in beta, so hopefully that's when some of the more individual calibers get introduced. 

I was concerned, but then I'm just hoping it's for the alpha and allows them to cut down on balancing lootspawns. They're going to be balancing in beta, so hopefully that's when some of the more individual calibers get introduced. 

I can only hope that this will really happen.

• Like 1