Sign in to follow this  
timedance

2 questions regarding latest EXP. update

Hello,

maybe someone can answer me following 2 questions:

1. "Crashed helis" - I saw a map on internet, where you can see all crashed heli sites.

So lets say, they are NOT RANDOM? :D

helis.jpg

Who can confirm?

2. "campfires" - who can confirm, when you are getting wet, from rain, you can get dry, if you are near campfire?

thanx for your attention.

Edited by TiMEDANCE

I naturally wouldnt build a campfire in the rain. I built mine inside or in shelter. Apparantly if you build in the rain its harder to light with matches.

Cannot confirm but it's likely that helis are not 100% random to prevent them from spawning inside buildings, trees, rocks or otherwise misbehaving.

bad thing, that heli spawns are not random. So everybody can look at a map, where they are spawning...

So a nice "new looting-route" ^^

Beside the fact that the crashed helis are on experimental (ie the devs are experimenting) i don't think the crash sites will ever just be random.  There may be dozens of possible sites and perhaps 2-3 are chosen from those locations randomly.  Those sites shown on the map do not spawn heli crashes every time - correct?  They are just the current locations of possible crash sites?

They can't just turn on a setting that would allow a crashed heli to spawn anywhere.  It was always known in the mod that the heli sites were in clearings and generally on flat ground.  Clipping issues and other collisions would be impossible to counter if they could just be randomly spawned anywhere on the map.

Well, they could use the new zombie pathing (enhanced for helis) to prevent them from spawning inside buildings I'd guess.

We found a crashed heli directly outside Novy Sobor, around about 100m from the town square, there seems to be no marker for this, so it mustn't include every crash site

Well you've really make it truly random.

However if you have a couple hundred possible spots once the feature work properly, a map is essentially useless.