It is even funnier if you read the original version of that sentence. He claimed it had been in alpha "for ages" before editing it. "Sense of entitlement" is entirely justified for that one.

Oh my! Someone edited a post  to avoid flame posts such as these! Call the fucking military, it's time to wage war!

At this point, I'd like a mod to just lock this post. Some people can't handle a discussion.

I've lost faith in these forums. Overrun by assholes.

Length of Alpha is what it is and will be done when it's done.

5e8.jpg

I heard Hicks mention that beta could come 12-18 months after Alpha.

So end of this year, to mid next.

Anyway who cares? Why is Alpha or Beta status relevant? As long as the game continues to improve it doesn't matter. Just play and have fun :)

• Like 4

Oh my! Someone edited a post  to avoid flame posts such as these! Call the fucking military, it's time to wage war!

At this point, I'd like a mod to just lock this post. Some people can't handle a discussion.

I've lost faith in these forums. Overrun by assholes.

So you consider it to be "flame posts" that you are called out for claiming 5 months of alpha is the same as "for ages"? Some people can't handle a discussion indeed.

ok so no one has any idea that why no answers. was wondering this my self, so excited for the game to be 100% together and bugs squished. but based on the lvl of alpha and the bugs that pop up when adding new stuff, my guess 12-18 months before .9 version.

oh snipervillian you sneaky bastard.

Edited by pycco

I heard Hicks mention that beta could come 12-18 months after Alpha.

So end of this year, to mid next.

Anyway who cares? Why is Alpha or Beta status relevant? As long as the game continues to improve it doesn't matter. Just play and have fun :)

This is entirely true. I wasn't concerned about the quality of the game or its relations to the alpha status. Just the application of the term "alpha"

EDIT- I see that people here would rather not discuss anything with any form of maturity. Oh well. At least I got a laugh at how stupidly ironic half the posts were.

Mods, lock pls. I hate it when threads degrade into flame wars because of a few 'tards.

I've lost faith in the forums. Can't handle a discussion, it seems. They'd rather rant, insult, and flame.

I don't know what is more retarded, those "few tards" you mention or you posting this thread (which has been posted many times before by others) and expecting a different outcome.

ok so no one has any idea that why no answers. was wondering this my self, so excited for the game to be 100% together and bugs squished. but based on the lvl of alpha and the bugs that pop up when adding new stuff, my guess 12-18 months before .9 version.

You are not making any sense. You were excited about an alpha being "100% together and bugs squished". Did you even read the warning before purchasing?

So you consider it to be "flame posts" that you are called out for claiming 5 months of alpha is the same as "for ages"? Some people can't handle a discussion indeed.

Please reread most of the posts.

Also, I see nothing wrong in posting my opinion which MUST'VE been wrong.

I'm sorry that 99% of games in history don't have an alpha status that lasts this long. I must be autistic to have thought this.

This is entirely true. I wasn't concerned about the quality of the game or its relations to the alpha status. Just the application of the term "alpha"

You have yet to answer the question: Do you really think 5 months of alpha is the same as the game having been in alpha "for ages"? Do you think it is abnormal for a game to have been in alpha for 5 months?

Edited by BadAsh

You are not making any sense. You were excited about an alpha being "100% together and bugs squished". Did you even read the warning before purchasing?

.... if the alpha is 100% complete its not an alpha durpty durp

but was referring to the game as a whole.

Edited by pycco

I don't know what is more retarded, those "few tards" you mention or you posting this thread (which has been posted many times before by others) and expecting a different outcome.

Reread OP. I'm not complaining, unlike most posts related to alpha. I have never seen a civil discussion over alpha status, and likely never will at this rate. I guess "alpha" is a trigger word?

You have yet to answer the question: Do you really think 5 months of alpha is the same as the game having been in alpha "for ages"? Do you think it is abnormal for a game to have been in alpha for 5 months?

What if I consider 5 months to be "ages" for a game with a massive cash stash? Is my opinion wrong? Should I be burned alive for it? Because, that's where this seems to be heading. People care more about smashing my opinion that posting anything constructive.

• Like 1

"But I want an Oompa Loompa NOW Daddy!"

I hate how people assume any discussion over alpha means that they must have the full product now.

As stated, I have no problem with DayZ in its current state, which most people don't seem to understand. I'm fine with waiting. I wanted to discuss the term "Alpha" and its applications to game creation.

Please reread most of the posts.

Also, I see nothing wrong in posting my opinion which MUST'VE been wrong.

I'm sorry that 99% of games in history don't have an alpha status that lasts this long. I must be autistic to have thought this.

Well now you entered horseshit territory. Modern games does indeed have very long period of being in alpha status. Difference being of course that very few of them have been public while being in that state, but 5 months of alpha is not a long time.

What if I consider 5 months to be "ages" for a game with a massive cash stash? Is my opinion wrong? Should I be burned alive for it? Because, that's where this seems to be heading. People care more about smashing my opinion that posting anything constructive.

i tried but people would rather fight than take two seconds to think. sad really, i was hoping for an actual conversation but read a bunch of omg your so stupid posts oh well maybe another day.

Well now you entered horseshit territory. Modern games does indeed have very long period of being in alpha status. Difference being of course that very few of them have been public while being in that state, but 5 months of alpha is not a long time.

Let me rephrase.

Public alpha. Are your must-have-my-opinion-is-always-right genes happy now?

Mods must be asleep or something. I thought they hated when topics degraded into hell in a very small handbasket like what happened here.

Maybe this is an illusion? Maybe life is in illusion?

i think that "alpha" is referring to how much is still not implemented in the game. not so much as a time frame, i have been part of betas that never got fixed and released in the "beta" stage. was looking for reassurance.....got the opposite

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandlocked.

:facepalm:

We'll get there one day, Walrus. 

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 4