Sign in to follow this  
hannibaldaplaya

Experimental brings us hunting, do you want to know what this means?

No, by more then that, there is way too much food.

It needs to be toned down by ninety percent.

Yes .. This .. All the beans.

• Like 1

If canned goods are rare, and so are bullets, the only thing being hunted is YOU. No ammo to kill the animals, what are you going to do? Wrestle down the deer by the horns?

No , you improvise. You make a crude bow, or you sacrifice one of you  bullets, if you have any. If you do, having ten will be a godsend, and you should only have a few, if any, which you have to use wisely. Stuff like bows will be actually worthwhile. You are acting like abundant ammo is required to hunt.

ALSO, I would love to be hunted!

Edited by One-Eyed Paulie

No , you improvise. You make a crude bow, or you sacrifice one of you  bullets, if you have any. If you do, having ten will be a godsend, and you should only have a few, if any, which you have to use wisely. Stuff like bows will be actually worthwhile. You are acting like abundant ammo is required to hunt.

And that there lies the problem within DayZ right now.  Players are being coddles with an abundance of ammo, food, water, clothing and other various items.  I can't even imagine the uproar that's going to happen when this game decides to crank it up a notch.

And that there lies the problem within DayZ right now.  Players are being coddles with an abundance of ammo, food, water, clothing and other various items.  I can't even imagine the uproar that's going to happen when this game decides to crank it up a notch.

I just wonder what the 'roar' will be like if they don't actually 'crank it up a notch'? Remember, they are adding vehicles, new guns and all that other jazz. Since you can't carry a bow and a rifle, you will have lots of tough choices. I do think hiding in the woods and eating rabbits will allow you to survive, but truly that will be boring for most players. I don't care what game it is, once you beat the AI/PVE element once, it gets boring. Even if they make the zombies super-hard, they won't be fun very long. I just don't think it's possible in this type of game. The fun from this game is all about the interaction with others. Right now, they shoot before asking. If they get rid of bullets, they will shoot arrows before asking. If they get rid of bullets and arrows, we will throw axes at each other. It's an open world sandbox, and PVP will always dominate the gameplay.

That means canned goods should become super rare.

There are now animals, at least in Experimental, that we can hunt down and kill. The need for abundant canned beans and bacon is now nonexistent. One town should not have enough food to energize you, it should have barely any food at all. There are now alternatives to scavenging for food.

This means...

We can make the game harder! The food spawns can be toned down. Players will have to be patient and hunt so that they can't starve. Food can be a challenge! It can! It should!

So, will we be seeing food spawns toned down? I hope so!

Why people like this i do not know, one word BERRIES. I dont need to hunt anything and also to say you would find barely any food in an entire city is ridiculous, loot drops should become rarer but not practically non existent, i am all for hardness but it should be down to dangers in the environment not unrealistically lowering food spawns to make you starve more, that is not how you create a balanced and good game.

• Like 2

I'd only agree if the frequency of needing to eat and drink were made realistic then.

Though i wouldn't mind a minor food reduction, removing 90% of the food sounds like an incredibly dumb thing to do at this stage.

• Like 2

I'd only agree if the frequency of needing to eat and drink were made realistic then.

Though i wouldn't mind a minor food reduction, removing 90% of the food sounds like an incredibly dumb thing to do at this stage.

Almost gave beans until you said it would be dumb to remove 90% of food...

We do need realistic starvation, including malnourishment and a slower rate of starvation, but...

Right now the game is so stupidly easy to survive in that why there has not been a drastic, 80% - 90% decrease in canned goods spawning is ridiculous. Now, I can see why waiting for realistic starvation to come would be a good idea, but that should be high up on the priority list, and I bet it isn't.

Experimental brings us hunting, do you want to know what this means?

We can finally craft arrows instead of just hoping to find a quiver out in the wilderness where we hunt?

I have been spending some time running around on experimental and while I have seen some animals, it's not like they are really common either.  I actually like the fact that there are now two different ways to get food, no reason to suddenly remove one.  After all how long do you think the poor animals would last if everyone was hunting them down for food?

I would love it. It would piss off all the little KoS COD tards, which in turn would possibly make them quit, which in turn would leave all the people who want to actualy play the game how it was meant to be played, a survival game that deals with a zombie apocalypse and human interaction, not run around, server hop tell you have 500 rounds for your m4 then shoot every living creature you see acting like this is some generic shooter where all you do is shoot people.

We do need realistic starvation, including malnourishment and a slower rate of starvation, but...

Right now the game is so stupidly easy to survive in that why there has not been a drastic, 80% - 90% decrease in canned goods spawning is ridiculous. Now, I can see why waiting for realistic starvation to come would be a good idea, but that should be high up on the priority list, and I bet it isn't.

I fully agree that the amount of food is far to high, especially canned food which should be a precious resource, but a 90% reduction? that would bring the game borderline close to not being fun anymore. UNLESS they tweak the starvation/dehydration rate to balance it out. Which really needs to happen before food amount gets reduced. Even with hunting in exp, there's no way to sustain yourself with how often you need to eat and drink. 

• Like 1

44 days since last stable update. 

This is possibly the most useful post I have ever seen on the internet. It is indeed the most relevant to the discussion at hand, and perhaps may even surpass Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech with regard to its impact on the future of the human race.

• Like 4

I would love it. It would piss off all the little KoS COD tards, which in turn would possibly make them quit, which in turn would leave all the people who want to actualy play the game how it was meant to be played, a survival game that deals with a zombie apocalypse and human interaction, not run around, server hop tell you have 500 rounds for your m4 then shoot every living creature you see acting like this is some generic shooter where all you do is shoot people.

The only person exhibiting kiddy behaviour on this thread is you. Also what makes you think that YOU know how this game is meant to be played, the zombies are not even a threat yet and there is minimum reason to interact with other survivors at the moment, this will all come later as rocket has said. what you said is like the ramblings of a five year old, how you passed the age verification is beyond.

Can't wait to shoot you in game, i probably already have hence why you are crying on the forum.

• Like 1

I was killed by a guy who had over 270 rounds of M4 ammo last night in Berezino. Then my buddies killed him and I nabbed up all his stuff.

Feels good man.